Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that babe :deal: its getting more and complicated it seem.

It is easy to find another buyer, i can easily think of 4 couples friends who balloted with me but couldnt get a unit but the issue is whether HDB allows.

As my bf is in a high risk profession, we asked the hdb officer in case of anything mishap (touch wood), what will happen?

she told me i can find another guy to buy the house with me (dont know the time frame given to me to find a new guy :sport-smiley-004: ) or either of my parent (who already owns a flat) or a elder sibling who is over a certain age (not too sure the age criteria now)

I do hope things will turn out alright ya :dunno:

Tink that is considered co-applicant liao. Or stay for 5 year then sell off.

quite understanding of u to let your BF's parents live together. But there is a limit lor...

oh.. ur bf is a regular mah? then i understand le.. last time my bf was regular too.. deal with ammo.. at times when he needs to go in the ammo dump cannot carry hp in cos some ammo will sensitive enuff to explode with the slightest electronic signal.. tat time i also quite worry.. somemore cannot contact him..

I was at ammo base too, stationed at Tengah Air Base.

But me not regular, NS onli :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I was at ammo base too, stationed at Tengah Air Base.

But me not regular, NS onli :deal:

hee.. he was previously in payer labar then went to bukit timah.. may b u 2 knew each other b4.. :sport-smiley-004:

.. hehee.. anyway.. he now no more regular le.. tat was very very long ago liao.. now in banking.. :dunno:

hee.. he was previously in payer labar then went to bukit timah.. may b u 2 knew each other b4.. :sport-smiley-004:

.. hehee.. anyway.. he now no more regular le.. tat was very very long ago liao.. now in banking.. :notti:

hehe my bf still has a long way to go, he spent his last 4 yrs in Aussie studying before coming back to serve his bond. he was at payer labar this begining of the year also.

high risk is termed by his insurance for most SAF regular haha anyway just to ask to be on the safe side, of course cross fingers and toes everything will be fine.

banking is good! where the money is haha coupled with long hours and stress... :bangwall:

Do think it over carefully Lynn, dont want to start the marriage with unhappiness or what not.

banking is good! where the money is haha coupled with long hours and stress... :sport-smiley-004:

ah.. not really tat stress as imagine la.. he's not those banker.. so no good money.. hee..

Hi all,

I may have to give up on the house. Does that mean I will lose the full $2000 fee? If I find another owner to take over, can I get my $2000 back?

:notti: I agree to let in-laws move over with us because I feel it's a son's duty to take care of parents. Now the sis wants to move over with us too! She lives off in-laws and doesn't give a single cent to in-laws even after she works for years. If she moves over, it means my BF has to pay for her everything too!

She wants to divorce her hubby 2 months after marriage so she is staying with her parents now. She owns her own house. Though her other married sis (without kids) asked her to move in with her, she rejected. Of course la, she wants to stay with her parents because they pay for everything. :notti: She's mentally not stable and will faint almost every month whenever she blows her top. I already got a BIG scolding from her when my BF wants his parents sell house and move in with us. We asked his parents to keep the $$$ as their retirement funds.

I suspect something fishy when her sis suddenly treated me very well at the other visit. My life will be nightmare when I stay with her. She is so hard to get along with :)

Sorry to hear that... but i dun think u will get the refund of $2000 if you give up the flat coz i gave up a 5 rm Ang Mo Kio flat two years ago and HDB refuse to refund me the $2000 even though I wrote in to appeal with a valid reason. :bleah: However, do try to appeal coz u never know...

Sorry to hear that... but i dun think u will get the refund of $2000 if you give up the flat coz i gave up a 5 rm Ang Mo Kio flat two years ago and HDB refuse to refund me the $2000 even though I wrote in to appeal with a valid reason. :notti: However, do try to appeal coz u never know...

Maybe can have a meet the MP session and ask MP for help to write the letter. It's worth a try.....who knows esp when it's with a valid reason.

Hi All,

I am so excited when my wife told me theres a thread talking about our future house. We are moving into Blk 26B. Waited for almost 5 years for this moment. 4room 85sqm.

She said that some of our neighbours have gotten their keys. We really want to spend our christmas there. If not then CNY is a must must!!!. We are preparing now, just started looking at IDs before my sis in law recommended me this site.

Kudos to lots of you fantastic people updating us with pictures and information about the estate. Keep those coming. For now, its ID shopping.

Will be going down to expo this weekend with my floor plan. :)

See you future neighbours around!!! :)

As for rommie, my personal view is that this is a gooooood location and good estate. Think hard and consider all factors before making a decision. Hope that you can resolve your issues with flying colors!

Cheers.

Hi All,

I am so excited when my wife told me theres a thread talking about our future house. We are moving into Blk 26B. Waited for almost 5 years for this moment. 4room 85sqm.

She said that some of our neighbours have gotten their keys. We really want to spend our christmas there. If not then CNY is a must must!!!. We are preparing now, just started looking at IDs before my sis in law recommended me this site.

Kudos to lots of you fantastic people updating us with pictures and information about the estate. Keep those coming. For now, its ID shopping.

Will be going down to expo this weekend with my floor plan. :)

See you future neighbours around!!! :)

As for rommie, my personal view is that this is a gooooood location and good estate. Think hard and consider all factors before making a decision. Hope that you can resolve your issues with flying colors!

Cheers.

Vacis

Sorry it is not me that is considering giving up the unit but instead it is green tranquility... I love my unit loads... :)

Vacis

Sorry it is not me that is considering giving up the unit but instead it is green tranquility... I love my unit loads... !!

Oops Rommie, I am soooo sorry. See you around then. Cheers.

Edited by Vacis

tempkitchennd1.jpg

Looks like cloth hangar/bar.

This would have to go if maximizing the space for kitchen cabinet

sorry i know abv pic posted some time back.. but i wonder could HDB so good to give us tis? as i tot tis ting look like tis pic below

img04077fu.jpg (pics frm tis thread)

thou is jus a $100 ting.. not something super x la... but if really is tat ting for laundry.. then i'd love to keep it but will try to squeeze my ID's brain for better ideas to make it looks good.. !!

Thanks gals for the advices and encouragements. :D It's delightful chatting with you all on this forum though I have no chance to be your neighbour.

Somehow I felt sad when I saw the photos of the blocks, mailboxes, kitchens etc on this forum. :( However, my thinking is ... House can buy new one (maybe not as gd as Jalan Membina), but relationship once broken is hard to mend! Guess I won't be able to get back my $2000. It's fair enough as it's stated in the contract. The $$$ is to buy bf for filling up form wrongly haha.

I had a talk with my bf just now. His reactions make me more determined to give up the house even if her sis is not moving in. He kept telling me that her sis was so poor thing and going to divorce, so I SHOULD GIVE IN TO HER ALL THE TIME etc. Now I dun even feel like staying with his parents too. I want peace because I come from a broken family.

If you are me, what decision will you make?

Edited by green_tranquility

Hey green,

Sorry to hear about your problems over your sis-in-law, just to give my own thoughts, from the way i see it, its 4 against 1 if u really move in together with them.. At that time, u may be alone against all of them.. Whats the point of having a house with a great location if u dun feel happy going home each day..

Thats my own thoughts, but the best way to resolve it would be having a good talk with your boyfriend, don't hide anything, tell him your decision, see what he will do and can do, he is the person who knows his sis best!

Actually hor, even though his sis is going through a divorce, does he really think he is being helpful to his sis by giving in to her all the time???

Marriage is not all about love ONLY.. Family ties and friends influence will play a part in them too.. Its best to work things out before you commit to anything..

Hope everything works out for you.. Dun feel sad..

Whats the point of having a house with a great location if u dun feel happy going home each day..

Thanks binzz. Your above statement is so true! The house won't be a HOME to me anymore. :D

There's no point talking to my BF further. He keeps saying that I'm thinking too much...

Yap, her sis is behaving as a Queen now because everyone gives in to me. It's bad for her. She even scolded my MIL often that she caused her in such situation (Divorce)! :( I feel sorry for my MIL because my sis-in-law picked the hubby herself.

Edited by green_tranquility

Hi Green Tranquility,

I empathise on your situation. In fact, it's not easy to stay with Parents-In-Law. Adding to your situation, you got another sis-in-law to increase your burden. Thou now you may be able to get along well with PIL, they will still expect you to act like a daughter-in-law after marriage. You know not only your household chores, probably all the house expenses will be under both of you, COS IT's YOUR HOUSE!

You must prepare for it if you are going to stay with them.

Based on your feeling and situation now, I would truly advise you to stay with your hubby alone first. You may not be able to cope with all of them. If you can't cope, you will be very stressful and end up no where. Your hubby and you can't shift to a new pl cos it's your home. And you can't possibly tell them to move out too by that time. So think carefully.

Probably after a few yrs down the road, then you can consider bringing over his parents. Things may have change for his sis then.

Hi,

:sport-smiley-004: to hear that we missed a neighbour like you.

It seems like you are unable to accept his family i.e sister-in-law, his parents staying with you and therefore giving up the new home. As the issue will returns.

Try talking to your hubby the issue again. You must have patience to handle this. I did. I'll share with you mine .... if you want listen...

Edited by nemofc