Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Maybe can try visiting this exhibit coming weekend

http://www.singapore-expo.com.sg/events_mo...?EventID_in=672

yup.. sure exhibitions help u browse thru various IDs n get clearer pics of wat u want.. n how much is the "market rate"... etc.. but frm wat i noticed.. usually the more reputated IDs dun participate in these exhibitions.. n dunno y for those tat participated.. usually are those same few ones.. always kana bad mouthed in threads from diff forums.. some ppl said cos they grab too much deals (more than they can handle) that usually they dun deliver good works or cork up ur renov progress.. i :bangwall: ... may b jus competitors bad mouthing each other also possible..

for myself.. i did went ard sit in almost all exhibitors to get quotations.. usually spent the whole day there.. but nvr commit anything to anyone.. but they r sure aggressive enuff in their followup.. keep calling or sms me..

so hv to prepare urself mentally.. happy shopping! :D

i went to the Hbay's SAFE (see-and-feel excursion) earlier this month, and the RAFT (reno awareness fun tour) last saturday...

the SAFE tour brought us to see a HDB apartment in Seng Kang and a terrace house in Changi, both done by this ID firm called ID Emboss...

the RAFT tour brought us to Seng Lee, a laminate supplier (laminates for cabinets etc) and to Hafary, a tile supplier... so, we can hear first-hand info from the suppliers, instead of thru' the IDs... of cos, there's a bit of sales talk, but also a lot of general information from the experts themselves...

each tour is $5 to cover transportation, refreshments and a goody bag...

the tour also brings us to the showroom of an ID firm to get quotations... for SAFE, i went to ID Emboss... for RAFT, i went to Urban Interiors...

if interested, can give the person-in-charge a call to find out more:

Alice

http://www.hbay.com.sg/

Edited by redbottle

for those interested, this is a brief quote I got from Lego House... not a completed quote as I intend to add in more items. U may wish to bring to the exhibit for comparison :)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...8DF7A3178780153

http://download.yousendit.com/08DF7A3178780153

hi onepostwonder!

thanz for sharing ur quotation! :D

i got this info from IDs, forums and had called the town council personally:

cos ours are new flats, so the supply of sand, haulage and debris clearing are all managed by HDB and the town council... the rates HDB/TC charges are standardized, and flat owners can pay HDB/TC direct, instead of thru' the contractor/ID... if contractor/ID is paying on ur behalf, then insist on getting the HDB/TC receipt and just pay the amount stated on the receipt...

so, i think there shouldn't be any fixed figure stated on the quotation for these items cos these items are supposed to be "as charged"...

any comments from other forumers here??? :bangwall:

Edited by redbottle

Hi all,

I may have to give up on the house. Does that mean I will lose the full $2000 fee? If I find another owner to take over, can I get my $2000 back?

:bow: I agree to let in-laws move over with us because I feel it's a son's duty to take care of parents. Now the sis wants to move over with us too! She lives off in-laws and doesn't give a single cent to in-laws even after she works for years. If she moves over, it means my BF has to pay for her everything too!

She wants to divorce her hubby 2 months after marriage so she is staying with her parents now. She owns her own house. Though her other married sis (without kids) asked her to move in with her, she rejected. Of course la, she wants to stay with her parents because they pay for everything. :) She's mentally not stable and will faint almost every month whenever she blows her top. I already got a BIG scolding from her when my BF wants his parents sell house and move in with us. We asked his parents to keep the $$$ as their retirement funds.

I suspect something fishy when her sis suddenly treated me very well at the other visit. My life will be nightmare when I stay with her. She is so hard to get along with :bow:

Edited by green_tranquility

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that babe :) its getting more and complicated it seem.

It is easy to find another buyer, i can easily think of 4 couples friends who balloted with me but couldnt get a unit but the issue is whether HDB allows.

As my bf is in a high risk profession, we asked the hdb officer in case of anything mishap (touch wood), what will happen?

she told me i can find another guy to buy the house with me (dont know the time frame given to me to find a new guy :bow: ) or either of my parent (who already owns a flat) or a elder sibling who is over a certain age (not too sure the age criteria now)

I do hope things will turn out alright ya :bow:

Thanks Linggie,

Once we went out makan, she would sit down and asked parents to order food and drinks for her like princess. :bow: She ate Cheong Fun (50 cents), she also didn't want to pay herself!

I also hope nothing happens to your BF! Dun worry, SAF is safe nowadays, there are many safety procedures in place.

Edited by green_tranquility

Hi all,

I may have to give up on the house. Does that mean I will lose the full $2000 fee? If I find another owner to take over, can I get my $2000 back?

:sport-smiley-004: you already confirmed giving up the flat?

As my bf is in a high risk profession, we asked the hdb officer in case of anything mishap (touch wood), what will happen?

actually, wherever we are, anything can happen all sudden.

huh green.. i'm feel :sport-smiley-004: for u.. really hope tat tings will turn better n goes smoothly for u.. somehow i understand wat u fear.. i hv relative like tat as well.. :dunno:

I also hope nothing happens to your BF! Dun worry, SAF is safe nowadays, there are many safety procedures in place.

oh.. ur bf is a regular mah? then i understand le.. last time my bf was regular too.. deal with ammo.. at times when he needs to go in the ammo dump cannot carry hp in cos some ammo will sensitive enuff to explode with the slightest electronic signal.. tat time i also quite worry.. somemore cannot contact him..

P1100476.JPG

hee... wah.. love to see the progress.. hee.. i bet tis muz b at the 25A...