Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Nemofc,

How's uHome package like? Today i went to Max's Image Design Studio and their showroom is really nice. However the quote that the ID gave us was rather expensive. Heard from him that *****, uHome, Chew Interior including Max's Image are the pretty high end designing firms. He quoted $1950 for MBR wardrobe, for homogenous tiles @ $3 psf anti-stain (he claimed this is the lastest homo tile design, in the market for 3 mths+), $950 for granite solid top. Though he throw in a Rinnai Hod & Hood and a basin and tap (not sure what brand), but the final cost is still very high. Am still considering now.

uHOme quote will be ready in 2 weeks time (anyway we are not in hurry too, most likely after CNY 15th then start renov)

i'm waiting for renozone's quote, i guess should be able to hear from them this week.

Nope :)

can we visit your unit this weekend to take a look?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bomb Shelter Store Rack

4 rooms

wall2wall02.gif

StandardRacksB.gif

$160 (with PVC plywood $180)

46" x 20" + 48" x 16"

Height: 72"

f_1m_e8d596c.png

$120 (with PVC plywood $130)

46" x 24"

Height: 80"

f_2m_294acc1.png

For those who are interested, visit http://www.yee-sin.com/

There was an interest previously, but it got lost in this thread... So I'm raising it up again.

I'll only do my reno after CNY 2008, so not arranging anything at the moment...

Hi binzz,

how much notice do u need to give to citygas for the heater installation?

thanks.

Hi Sam,

If you hv already subsribed to PUB, I think you can simply call citygas up to subscribe (if not mistaken, that's what they told me. For me I personally go down, cause I dunno at first). You can try to call up and see, cause they said the account is the same with PUB electricity/water.

They will do 2 visit (First visit, lay pipe and install water heater), second visit they will connect your cooker with the pipe and do testing with their gadgets for any leakage,install meter and activation.

ps: you can't install water heater on 2nd visit, cause the guy doing 2nd visit is from another party and they won't bring along the water heater.

Hope I am not chiong hei... :)

For me I guess I will cover the gas heater up, so that it won't get dusty..until 2nd visit/activation.

Anybody overlaying toilet and kitchen tiles?

Heard from ID that water proofing is necessary, i was thinking of otherwise, since no hacking, only using adhesive cement to overlay, any comments?

hi,

i will be overlaying my toilets n kitchen flooring. i've asked my id to add water proofing compound to the adhesive cement at no extra chage. call it kiasu, but i'm not comfortable with the water proofing by HDB.

XLAN u have any idea?my ID recommend me 12lights, but i feel its too many leh. then i decided to take 8, but seems that 8 is not enough..so maybe do 10?

mm.. i hv no idea leh.. i dun hv much downlights.. cos hving cove light instead... n 2 downlight over the dining space.. 1 downlight at foyer.. 2 downlight at passageway..

i got 16 downlights in my living room. :)

Hi VINCE

I might do one L box (or rather I call it 'I" box at the living room wall from mail door to the window.

Then have 4 downlights will do.

mm.. i hv no idea leh.. i dun hv much downlights.. cos hving cove light instead... n 2 downlight over the dining space.. 1 downlight at foyer.. 2 downlight at passageway..

Hi XLAN

Sorry what is Cove light?

Sorry..may I know what is cove light? :) pai say for not knowing it...Thanks!

u can just used ur strength to pull it up. not to worry de. the plastic cover is quite tight lor..

Just went to my unit today...

Didnt do anything special.. just opened the door :D

Anybody know about the plastic cover for the switches?

I cannot seem to open it.. coz it will be stuck.. and dare not pull too hard..

Otherwise may break?

Now still waiting for quotation and looking for ID etc.. hope to confirm and settle one by this week..

It's Dec soon :D

Btw are there any nice showflats there can take a look? :D

Thanks all :)

Hi XLAN

Is the clove light easily to change when the bulbs spoilt?

Hi Xlan,

Gina says that it is very easy to change the light. It is just a fluroscent tube.

The con is 'xiao qiang' and 'xiao ming' may visit you and even decided to stay for long.

Anyone know how I should deter them from visiting me and even becoming my tenants.

Hi All,

I realise that my unit no is on the lift. Do let me know if you see any bad workmanship so that I can talk to my ID.

Hi CINDY

Cakes make one fat, :) should buy Tiger Beer!:dunno:

:yamseng:

Tiger beer ! haha. Make them drunk and give me more discount.

Hi,

If we are hacking walls, does it matter that the cement screeding for the floor is already done? or the screeding should be done after the hacking? Afraid the hacked wall debris will damaged the floor screeding, will it?

I haf chk out at ikea reg their cabinet. problem is the top cabinet, they will keep a gap on top of the cabinet (meaning it's not flysh at the top). or else their top cabinet will be too high to be access due to standard size of their cabinet. This will mean once in a while u will have to clean the top of the top cabinet.

But I am quite interested in their door/drawer closing system. & its cheaper than Blum

hi Draught,

Thanks for highlighting. Din consider that before. Hm.... :yamseng: