Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Anybody overlaying toilet and kitchen tiles?

Heard from ID that water proofing is necessary, i was thinking of otherwise, since no hacking, only using adhesive cement to overlay, any comments?

Hi Nemofc,

How's uHome package like? Today i went to Max's Image Design Studio and their showroom is really nice. However the quote that the ID gave us was rather expensive. Heard from him that *****, uHome, Chew Interior including Max's Image are the pretty high end designing firms. He quoted $1950 for MBR wardrobe, for homogenous tiles @ $3 psf anti-stain (he claimed this is the lastest homo tile design, in the market for 3 mths+), $950 for granite solid top. Though he throw in a Rinnai Hod & Hood and a basin and tap (not sure what brand), but the final cost is still very high. Am still considering now.

Just to share, the new anti-stain homo tiles i saw cost $2.8psf, i ended up topping up and chose the $3.6psf homo tilesd coz mum likes the marble streak and the white homo tiles usually cost more...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Heard from ID that water proofing is necessary, i was thinking of otherwise, since no hacking, only using adhesive cement to overlay, any comments?

Just to share, the new anti-stain homo tiles i saw cost $2.8psf, i ended up topping up and chose the $3.6psf homo tilesd coz mum likes the marble streak and the white homo tiles usually cost more...

Hi Sam07,

Thanks for the info

Hi neighbours,

The Rinnai Gas Heater..

f_DSC00904m_d30a39d.jpg

The gas pipe..

f_DSC00908m_e794c45.jpg

Hi binzz,

how much notice do u need to give to citygas for the heater installation?

thanks.

Hi,

Has any one considered engaging IKEA for the kitchen reno and MBR wardrobe?

Any comments on the above?

I haf chk out at ikea reg their cabinet. problem is the top cabinet, they will keep a gap on top of the cabinet (meaning it's not flysh at the top). or else their top cabinet will be too high to be access due to standard size of their cabinet. This will mean once in a while u will have to clean the top of the top cabinet.

But I am quite interested in their door/drawer closing system. & its cheaper than Blum

Just went to my unit today...

Didnt do anything special.. just opened the door :P

Anybody know about the plastic cover for the switches?

I cannot seem to open it.. coz it will be stuck.. and dare not pull too hard..

Otherwise may break?

Now still waiting for quotation and looking for ID etc.. hope to confirm and settle one by this week..

It's Dec soon :yamseng:

Btw are there any nice showflats there can take a look? :notti:

Thanks all :yamseng:

If only overlaying, no need additional water proofing. U cant hack toilet floor tiles till 5 yrs ltr (for new flats) cos need to remain water proofing seal for HDB(or something like that)

Btw are there any nice showflats there can take a look? :yamseng:

Thanks all :P

I think when u step into the lifts, there'll be many units "on show" scribbled on the walls. U can go to them. Else somewhere in mid-Dec u can come over to my unit to have a look at my unit half-done up. :yamseng:

Hi binzz,

thanks for sharing the pic!!

oh ya how much did u pay for ur Rinnai gas heater?

From the looks, I think that is the one FOC from citygas once you sign up with them.

Am getting one frm them too..

Hi YG,

Its FREE.. FOC if you are applying for City Gas..

Sam07,

I remembered I called on a Thursday and they set the appointment to come fix on the following Monday.

From the looks, I think that is the one FOC from citygas once you sign up with them.

Am getting one frm them too..

Yup, thats the one.. :yamseng:

the roller they explained to you should be the "mobile drawer", u shd be able to see it on their website

Kenny told me that he'll check his schedule and get back to u

thanks on the roller.

kenny already sms me last night around 10pm+. You mean he also text you? Are you guys related (beside owner & ID)?

thanks on the roller.

kenny already sms me last night around 10pm+. You mean he also text you? Are you guys related (beside owner & ID)?

no, I checked with him if he got yr SMS... there was one time he did not receive my SMS :yamseng:

we're not related in anyway, just have the same surnames...

Edited by OnePostWonder

no, I checked with him if he got yr SMS... there was one time he did not receive my SMS :)

we're not related in anyway, just have the same surnames...

thanks for helping to check.

he texted me back & will get back to me again once he checked his schedule. but, i would like to see his completed work first, have you seen before?

those doing false ceiling, take note that the "Minimum height clearance of 2.4 metres measured from finished floor level to underside of ceiling."

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/Im...e/RenoGuide.pdf

thanks for helping to check.

he texted me back & will get back to me again once he checked his schedule. but, i would like to see his completed work first, have you seen before?

Nope :)

Edited by OnePostWonder