Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Me me me.. We also waiting for the Sitex fair next week.. Sure super crowded...

Me again, we got from City Gas the free Rinnai gas heater, but havent activate the gas supply, cannot tell u whether the pressure high anot.. Try to upload pics where the gas heater will be placed by tomoro.. :dancingqueen:

hi bin bin,

when do u intend to move in to ur new hse? i only moving in next year leh..duno whether shall i buy the LCD TV during this IT fair.

if i miss this fair, next time when i buy the TV, do i have problem installing it onto the wall? this is the main issue i am concern.. :dunno:

if i buy during this fair, also abit too early to buy..*vexed*

hi bin bin,

when do u intend to move in to ur new hse? i only moving in next year leh..duno whether shall i buy the LCD TV during this IT fair.

if i miss this fair, next time when i buy the TV, do i have problem installing it onto the wall? this is the main issue i am concern.. :jammin:

Errr, you really have a very valid point there leh... We also not confirmed when will we be moving in, but for me, i wished to move in asap, cos very near to both our workplaces, journey only takes 15 mins rather than 45 mins from our current home.. Although we ROM already, but havent done the customary stuffs yet.. :sport-smiley-004:

For the TV, shouldn't have any problem installing, can get the TV pple install also.. Maybe just take a look at the offer.. Year end should have lots of sales going around..

i thought of getting city gas heater too,but the heater is so bulky,where can we place it har? i heard that city gas heater is more cost saving cos gas is cheaper than electricity---was told by city gas staff

what other benefits of using city gas heater ah? (other than cost savings)

the cons is that its too bulky to place the heater

ermmm... me planning to get citygas heater too.. that 1 is not bulky, its installed at the kitchen piping connecting area, where those plastic covered power points are...

heard its more cost saving..

i actually bought the tank heater coz i plan to install rain shower, that 1 even uglier, have to install in the kitchen, on top, somemore bulky.. planning to exchange that heater i bought with cabinet accessories.

u can just have backsplash @ the hood area, that's where all the oil will be :jammin:

$700 is for the whole length of the wall

hi,

try bargaining for that from ur ID.. i did that, insisting he shud throw in the aluminum sheet at the cooking area, about 90cm... didn't know thats called backsplash.. hehe.. he say it'll cost abt $200, he gave me free, bo pian... can try to bargain one... i heard the glass 1 is not worth it, too x, acrylic not lasting...

Errr, you really have a very valid point there leh... We also not confirmed when will we be moving in, but for me, i wished to move in asap, cos very near to both our workplaces, journey only takes 15 mins rather than 45 mins from our current home.. Although we ROM already, but havent done the customary stuffs yet.. :sport-smiley-004:

For the TV, shouldn't have any problem installing, can get the TV pple install also.. Maybe just take a look at the offer.. Year end should have lots of sales going around..

most shops allow delayed delivery, dun think the fair sales do that though.

i got my LCD TV before GST hike, now still with them.. hehe, allow a 1 time installation, so, if u plan to mount on wall, u must decide and get them to deliver and mount same time, charge installation if delivery and installation is done on separate trip.

hi,

try bargaining for that from ur ID.. i did that, insisting he shud throw in the aluminum sheet at the cooking area, about 90cm... didn't know thats called backsplash.. hehe.. he say it'll cost abt $200, he gave me free, bo pian... can try to bargain one... i heard the glass 1 is not worth it, too x, acrylic not lasting...

so u have stainless steel & glass backsplash?

just grab the offer if u feel right abt it. but then must check wi the sales whether they allow u to hold the delivery lor. i think there shd be no problem in this area ba. cos i must shift to JM by March before my wedding. :jammin:

by the way, that blacksplash is stainless steel backing. it just a very thin sheet only, around 2 to 3mm thick. shd be v v cheap lor...

hi bin bin,

if i miss this fair, next time when i buy the TV, do i have problem installing it onto the wall? this is the main issue i am concern.. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by elaine1205

Hi all..

Finally got the keyssss to my flat!!

Will be going down later to take a look...

Anybody from 26D going down too? :wub:

Still looking for ID/Renovator..

not sure if able to finish before Jan..

Can't wait to move in :notti:

:sport-smiley-004::jammin:

Look like a condo huh?

f_IMG8763m_91c07e7.jpg

One thing I notice is that the stero-appt has full heigh window grill!:bangwall:!

f_IMG8771m_25c8a59.jpg

That is what my mum really want, L shape cabinet all the way to the end wall, with top and bottom cabinet.

f_IMG8767m_3d8f062.jpg

yo bro and sis,

anyone plan to buy LCD TV on next week's IT fair?

Hi Yang Guo,

Just fyi, Starhub has on offer for 20" LCD TV for its hubclub member. Not so attractive compared to the earlier Samsung 3x" inch LCD TV though.

But since it's free (kind of), not sure if everyone consider getting it or not.

For my case, my hubby was still contemplating on either getting this offer, or try his luck on the next good offer frm starhub.

Hi lynnnie,

So how's the sun facing for blk 26B? I've drove past there in the late afternoon and saw there's no sun shine onto the blk. But somehow Blk 26C got quite a strong sun facing. Just want to confirm that I din see wrongly.

Hi Kitseng,

I'm fr blk 26B.

Btw, how many of you are getting water heater from city gas. I am really hoping to get those rain water showerhead but really not sure whether city gas heater can carry the pressure. I know I dun expect it to be v high pressure. Moderate will do. Can anyone give me advise?

Hi Dorcas,

I have just signed up with Citygas last friday, and getting the free heater.

Not so big, and as you know only 5L/minute. should be enough for our usage, I think.

Not sure when u r going to get it, or your reno started, I will try to test it and post my review, but that I think gonna be early Jan when my reno more or less completed.

Me again, we got from City Gas the free Rinnai gas heater, but havent activate the gas supply, cannot tell u whether the pressure high anot.. Try to upload pics where the gas heater will be placed by tomoro.. :bangwall:

Hi Binzz,...

How come you only install the gas heater after your tiles are done?. Did you do cement sink support/cement hob/cooker support?.

Since I do both support for the above, I was told by my ID to run the gas piping (including water heater) based on his marking by mid of this week (Since the piping of cooker and water heater should be up before he can do cement support).

Btw, my piping schedule with Citygas is mid of this coming week!.

Hi Everybody

I rec the flyer (audio house) and found out that their flat screen is very cheap compare to other. Anybody being there?

HAPPY

Congrat!

My ID did not charge me leh cause I think it is because I am doing laminated flooring for the whole flat.

Must buy more cakes for them on this weekend. :P

Hi CINDY

Cakes make one fat, :) should buy Tiger Beer!;)

:bangwall:

Hi Everybody

I rec the flyer (audio house) and found out that their flat screen is very cheap compare to other. Anybody being there?

u referring to the one on 60% off? got fine print one. must guess correctly the 1st digit of a particular wed 4D draw then got CHANCE to win 60% rebate vouchers! i'm thinking if i can be so lucky, i might as well buy 4D. :bangwall:

binzz, really nice to meet up w u today.

The unit we saw is using classic design or -? Think of gettimg a quote fm them

Same here, we met the first time, but already like noe each other for long time.. :) The unit with design on the foyer tiles one issit?? Yah, they are from Classic Design, same ID as Cindy.. Should get quote of cos, we like the design especially the way they lay the aircon pipes, but we can't lay the same cos we forgot we are putting ventilation fan at both toliets.. Now explain the reason for laying the aircon the other way.. hehe..

:)

Hi Binzz,...

How come you only install the gas heater after your tiles are done?. Did you do cement sink support/cement hob/cooker support?.

Since I do both support for the above, I was told by my ID to run the gas piping (including water heater) based on his marking by mid of this week (Since the piping of cooker and water heater should be up before he can do cement support).

Btw, my piping schedule with Citygas is mid of this coming week!.

Errr, our kitchen comes with tiles mah?? I not really sure leh.. My ID just ask me call up to apply for the gas and fix an appointment for the Citygas pple to come down and ask them to contact him, then he follow up from there.. Yesterday we went up and see, saw the gas heater up already, think my cement support done before the appointment leh.. Paisei, I also dunno what did they do leh..

Hi all..

Finally got the keyssss to my flat!!

Will be going down later to take a look...

Anybody from 26D going down too? :)

Still looking for ID/Renovator..

not sure if able to finish before Jan..

Can't wait to move in :P

:bangwall:;)

Congrates, Simpleboi.. One more neighbour going to move in asap.. Hmmm, if more pple move in then we also want quickly move in..

YG, i want to retract my statement.. Maybe quickly buy finish everything then got no reason NOT to move in.. hahaha... Actually, now we only pending TV, dining table, sofa, coffee table, not bought yet..

Me again, we got from City Gas the free Rinnai gas heater, but havent activate the gas supply, cannot tell u whether the pressure high anot.. Try to upload pics where the gas heater will be placed by tomoro.. :bangwall:

Thanks, binzz. Looking fwd for your photos. Did you install rain shower head? I wld like to know what's the pressure like for such shower head.

And btw, is there any monthly subscription for it?

Thanks for all that has replied. My ID told me not advisable to use and of cos we hope to get one FOC..cut cost mah. If really no choice, then got to get $200+ storage tank liao.

Y'day i've also selected my sofa and dining set..haha..abit kaisu cos i haven't gotten my keys yet. But they told me they need at least 2 mths to manufacture and also it's v near to CNY. I do not wish to renovate all the fixtures then no furnitures to move in woh. So for those who are renovating, planning for renovation and even thinking of shifting in in Feb, it's better to start checking out on your furnitures. Unless those are really off-the-rack.

Oh ya, i also v happy that I got a white fur carpet. It's really v v nice but i know the cons of it. Well no choice, love beautiful, dun care abt the maintenance.

ask u all ah, is 12 lights in the living room alot? or 8 will do? (the small square box type on the ceiling)

XLAN u have any idea?

Vince has 12lights..but its 1living room+1bedroom combine into a big living room right?

my ID recommend me 12lights, but i feel its too many leh. then i decided to take 8, but seems that 8 is not enough..so maybe do 10?

i got 16 downlights in my living room. :bangwall: