Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi everyone GOOOODDDD MOOORRRninnnnggg

I took my keys alrdy (hahahaha) but yet to start my renovation. Hahahahah, will open my door this coming sunday to check the defects.

So is there any procedure to do when we open our door?

Edited by jj2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey JM neighbours

If I am not wrong, we will have ntuc at our doorstep!:P!

Dont need to go to Tiong Bahru ntuc or Beo crescent ntuc.

Heard that seng siong, cold storage and ntuc bidding...ntuc got it.

Wonder whether got any 4d outlets!! :)

Means we will have ntuc, coffee shops, Tiong Bahru SC, childcare, PAP, Primary school....everything under 1 roof!

Hi ONEPOST

Gina from Classic Design.

serious? ntuc? that time, the security said is "seng siong/ prime" .. if ntuc, good lei

congrats to jj2!

there are many sayings / methods.. for the "door opening ceremony".. haha.. some v simple.. some got more things to do n take note.. so better check with your elderly at home.. see wat's their usual practise or believes...

for us.. we don really that pandang.. so we follow the simplest way advised by fren's mother.. (cos my mom also dunno wat to do.. haha!).. we only knock knock the door n say "we are coming in, will be gg to live here le!" (sounds silly la).. then open the wooden door slowly to let out the "qi" bit by bit.. then go in "throw" salt+rice+tea leaves all over the house frm inside out n all the way to the common corridor outside the house.. tat's all only.. haha..

Really Wang ah. I shall join in later. haha, No enough money for renovation. Must get some "subsidy" from our govt.

good morning cindy! did u guys had a good dinner yest nite? haha.. was so fun meeting n gg up ur place.. :P

oh ... yest nite forgot to tell u.. (not sure if u know already or not).. the cze char at the blk 18 there.. call 深记.. very nice n value for money..

i think when i move in JM, I will die of over-dose of liang cheng mei dian 梁成美点 egg tarts, just beside the bakery opp tiong bahru MRT, the shop selling alot egg tarts and po luo paus!...absolute yummy! :paint:

Edited by linggie

Buy little bit lah, I mean your unit number, blk no....who knows, might strike 1st prize!:paint:

Yeah I ever strike over there...not much lah...just for fun.

Lately no luck!:good::D

Really Wang ah. I shall join in later. haha, No enough money for renovation. Must get some "subsidy" from our govt.

congrats to jj2!

there are many sayings / methods.. for the "door opening ceremony".. haha.. some v simple.. some got more things to do n take note.. so better check with your elderly at home.. see wat's their usual practise or believes...

for us.. we don really that pandang.. so we follow the simplest way advised by fren's mother.. (cos my mom also dunno wat to do.. haha!).. we only knock knock the door n say "we are coming in, will be gg to live here le!" (sounds silly la).. then open the wooden door slowly to let out the "qi" bit by bit.. then go in "throw" salt+rice+tea leaves all over the house frm inside out n all the way to the common corridor outside the house.. tat's all only.. haha..

Thank Xlan

Ok.... Nt as silly as mine la.... my MIL & GMIL told me to bang at the door b4 opening the door and sae "huat ar huat ar huat ar" (silliest method, like tearing down the door) and roll 2 oranges in the living room...... :D:)

As for my parents, they let me do watever i wan to.... but i will follow my boss's method (previous from her fengshui master).... Method will be: knock knock, hello we are the owner of this hse, please leave as this hse belong to us from now onwards, buy 5 oranges and place at living room's 4 corners and the 5th oranges will place at the middle with 8 joss-sticks. Prepare salt+tea leaves and place at all the corners of my hse.

Ya i heard from my dad before tt the main door should open slowly to the air from the hse out....( nt fart har, hahahaha)

Ok, tks for giving me more ideas. Tks alot!:good::paint:

wooo nice NTUC , if haved shop better .heehee u all mean below the multi storey carpark there is it?

sad I thk my MBR is normal window no full height , sobsob . nevermind lor less time on cleaning window .

Edited by msbean

Hi Future Neighbours.

Wow .. so many things to do for the open door ceremony. Not sure if it's necessary for me cos my bf is a christian and he dun believe in such things. I was reading thru some of your posts and it's interesting that different people have different methods of door opening ceremony. Anyway cant wait for my turn to come. I'm still waiting for key collection and the long wait is really frustrating. arrggghhh..

If NTUC won the bid, that will be the best. Dun have to walk so far to Tiong Bahru Plaza and simply hate the always long queue. :bangwall:

Hi Future Neighbours.

Wow .. so many things to do for the open door ceremony. Not sure if it's necessary for me cos my bf is a christian and he dun believe in such things. I was reading thru some of your posts and it's interesting that different people have different methods of door opening ceremony. Anyway cant wait for my turn to come. I'm still waiting for key collection and the long wait is really frustrating. arrggghhh..

If NTUC won the bid, that will be the best. Dun have to walk so far to Tiong Bahru Plaza and simply hate the always long queue. !!

:bangwall: same here, i guess we will bring our holy water & sprinker here & there. Havn't really check with in-laws yet but although we are believer but still chinese afterall ...Perhaps till offical move-in & housewarming then get the priest to bless our new home.

i assume the place has been awarded if NTUC got the bid. There will be 2 coffee shop (both corners) , selling incense shop, prime (as told my security that time)

xlan,

saw your post for the tiles, the lines is real fine, from what i see, is it?

your tiles (matt) very nice. btw, will your main door the tiles same? i mean the foyer (so-call). we intend to do different colour tone to identify the foyer...

Edited by nemofc

good morning cindy! did u guys had a good dinner yest nite? haha.. was so fun meeting n gg up ur place.. :bangwall:

oh ... yest nite forgot to tell u.. (not sure if u know already or not).. the cze char at the blk 18 there.. call 深记.. very nice n value for money..

Oh thanks a lot. Hope you have a great time yesterday with me and my friends.

I have not try the cze char at blk 18. what dish should I order ?

Remark : WANG WANG to everyone !

Remark : WANG WANG to everyone !

btw, "Ah Orh" also very nice!! Over at SinMing road, also have one but i guess they moved over to AMK. They are families related one...

.....Anyway cant wait for my turn to come. I'm still waiting for key collection and the long wait is really frustrating. arrggghhh..

btw, any change in your hdb webpage?

how's the progress of your blk? soon will be your turn... i'm collecting end dec anyway... cos' we delay it else, already in progess ...

anyone has any idea on how your entrance kerb to be done?

is there going to be a kerb or just flat (the same level) as the floor of your foyer..

am still confuse and judge wat is good to have kerb, and what is not good.

no kerb, when sweep floor is easy, and no danger as in ppl may kick it when in the rush (also good for old people).

Got kerb,.. dunno what is it good for, block water when hdb clean/spray the floor outside? (I was thinking to build a transparent thich plastic on my gate to block this).

Some people say got kerb is better, can block water coming into the house. but does it really can block?.once blocked and water go in may not go out ler.

How hor, anyone any idea?

xlan,

saw your post for the tiles, the lines is real fine, from what i see, is it?

your tiles (matt) very nice. btw, will your main door the tiles same? i mean the foyer (so-call). we intend to do different colour tone to identify the foyer...

thanks nemofc! i like my tiles v much too! foyer is same tiles thru/out.. in fact i wanna hv uniform color thru/out whole house.. so when i select my laminates.. also gg for the lightest color.. almost white liao.. not the usual brown tones.. cos i like clean-cut design mah.. almost want a minimalist style.. but dun tink i can keep up with the tidyness n emptyness.. so jus modern clean-cut simple lines n uniform color will b nice enough for me.. hee.. n easier to maintain.. !!

the lines to me r really fine enough le.. but cos now hvn't fill up with the grouting yet.. so not sure will it be same fine line after filling up or hopefully it will look even thinner.. hahaha..

ya ya cindy! yest nite was great! i hv tried their mee gorang, v nice n unique taste.. tat time they hv tis promo for the fish head dish only $6 or $8.. v nice n value for money! their zhao pai beancurd also v nice but not so value for money.. jus taste nice.. may feel a little over price thou.. mm.. a lot other dishes we tried also not bad.. quite tasty.. always fully packed.. gotta wait for seats/tables.. that coffee shop very wang also.. hahaha... during day time... there's this curry mix-veg rice stall next to this cze char.. very cheap also.. taste not really fantastic.. but nice for that kind of price loh.. our place really full of yummy treats ard leh... hahahahaa... dun forget the TBP 2 level got the lunch porridge buffet at $5.9 w/day n $6.9 w/end... super value for money n taste not bad also! hahaha...