Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Vacis,

:jawdrop: you posted the unit here. well, I can't recalled the unit. I think should be the same but the uncle said is 85sqm, anyway, it doesn't matter to me. Just felt it's a blessing being able to get a unit here. :dancingqueen:

Hi Nemofc,

Was thinking whether to reveal or not. Just wanted to clarify so that you might not have the impression that the unit you saw was 85 sqm. Then again, it might be a different uncle also. But you are absolutely right that its a blessing to get a unit here. :)

Also want to thank the owners of the unit for giving me some ideas about my future dream house. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i played the clarinet! hehe if you guys need a weird trio, pls ask me along...my bf played soccer :dancingqueen:

Hey, what has my playing soccer got to do with playing instruments. Can I offer my mediocre skills on the recorder? (the instrument everyone played while in primary school)

Keke

most likely it's a water heater point :)

thanks for the pic...

waterheater2qg0.jpg

free water heater!

did i see wrongly or was it already built-in? :jawdrop:

Wow, didnt know can go view the units of our house..

Will go there see see this week if possible :yamseng:

well, it 'unoffical' :dancingqueen:

waterheater2qg0.jpg

free water heater!

did i see wrongly or was it already built-in? :yamseng:

well, it 'unoffical' :jawdrop:

Hi Kriegs,

No, you didn't see wrongly. I saw it at site too. :dancingqueen: But will it be "dangerous" to use water heater from citygas instead of electricity?

i think these points are the electrical points... got wires sitcking out of these holes, for the contractor/electrician to install socket points...

oops, sorrie for the wrong info :jawdrop: ... these black patches are decorative tiles, not electrical points...

i went up to visit that unit again on saturday and noticed that these are the decorative tiles... all the electrical points are already fixed up with sockets... the only wires sticking out are the wires on the ceiling, for fixing to lights... :dancingqueen:

that's the unit that i saw too

hey, that's the unit that i saw. To correct, that unit is 85sqm and not 90sqm. We did checked with the uncle because we saw the unit so small as compare to where we staying now.

We went around 3-4pm but there's other pples viewing as well. He said the renov cost is <$10k :jawdrop: with floor, kitchen cabinets, paint, ... I suppose we are the last because he's about to leave.

Hope the owner of that unit is okay that we go in ... :unsure:

i've checked the HDB sales brochure for our estate... all 4-room units in blk 25A are 90 m2... only blk 26 has 85 m2 4-room units...

i was quite shocked too when i saw the living room... so small! :jawdrop: anyway, gotta make do with it... am more than glad to be able to get a unit in 25A... :good:

Was it the water heater point?

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04082007194ip8.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04082007195ks8.jpg

Btw, nice kitchen switches and points, very secured.

the pipes are meant to be connected to the citigas water heater if u are getting one... the blue line is the cold water and red line the hot water... if not getting the citigas heater, maybe can ask the contractor to seal it up... :jawdrop:

the pipes are meant to be connected to the citigas water heater if u are getting one... the blue line is the cold water and red line the hot water... if not getting the citigas heater, maybe can ask the contractor to seal it up... :jawdrop:

even if we conceal it, there'll be an ugly thing sticking out from the wall :jawdrop:

but i'm sure most ppl will conceal it, whether or not they use the heater from Citygas unless it is removable

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linggy/1022978353/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linggy/1022978181/

peanut butter and nutella on chocolate muffins!

hehe on sunday, all thanks to my darling colleagues~

anyone into baking among my new neighbours? :jawdrop:

sorry i deviate from renovating!

Edited by linggie

even if we conceal it, there'll be an ugly thing sticking out from the wall :jawdrop:

but i'm sure most ppl will conceal it, whether or not they use the heater from Citygas unless it is removable

ya, i think it's safer also to conceal also cos got hot water pipes...

actually, we are quite satisfy with everything in the house that we went for viewing. But ours is almost a mirror effect of that unit. :jawdrop:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linggy/1022978353/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linggy/1022978181/

peanut butter and nutella on chocolate muffins!

hehe on sunday, all thanks to my darling colleagues~

anyone into baking among my new neighbours? :unsure:

Yeah! i'm interested and will have oven install in new home. You too?

gas water heater is v safe.. in sg is not as popular as electric ones cos gas water heater was mainly for very hot water to be used in winter.. in HK.. we used more than 20yrs n it has nvr failed to perform or neither any mishap happened.. the only thing tat has to be sured.. is the airflow.. 空气一定要流通.. in HK usually the back of the heater are sticking out of the windows.. but HDB here hv the law that cannot install anything protrude out of the window.. so tats y our heater is inside the house but near to the windows.. to allow better airflow..

hence.. i don't think is safe to conceal it if u decide to install the gas water heater...

Edited by xlan

hehe should be, will you be doing a built in? Pls give me tips yah, i m just starting out actually but its more fun if more people bake together! and i cant finish the muffins unless we share it around :P

yah we went to see the show flats and found the 4 rm flat abit small so we decided to opt for 5 room.