Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

for those who are interested in laminate flooring... I seriously advise you not to do it....

Yo, why not laminate flooring? can share more? what is floating effect?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i also considering doing laminated.

Maybe floating as it like poslish effect? :)

hi gals ,

So happy i manage to go in one of the unit which is having their reno at blk 25A and took many pic as it size is same as My . We just follw up the foreign worker up the lift . Hope I the below pic is none of your house heehee , A big thx u to u

interested to my pic feel free to view at http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb286/WYHOME/

Hope this help

great pix... thanks

some parts of the floor has warped, thus it feels spongy...

the way to prevent such things from happening is to use 1 whole piece instead of several pieces together...

u can go to Furniture Mall, the 1st shop, "La Casa" or something... wow, their laminate flooring sure is scary... enough to put me off

Updated on 5 August 2007

BLK 25A

- redbottle

- loobhlinda

- pert

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK

- Green

- MsBean

BLK 26A

-

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar

- noellechua

- lynnnie

- dorcas

- Vacis + moonbell

BLK 26C

- elaine1205

- ZLia

- Cindy-Monkeybone

- chewy

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder

- jj2

- Princess Momo

- rommie

- binzz

- kriegs

- wonsen

- Velynn

- Simpleboi

BLK 27A

- xlan

- nemofc

- bchew

- Yang Guo

- Seafaith

- chaq

- Jasch

- glaminn

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino

Hi Neighbours,

Went to the estate today 12 plus. There are lots of uncles near blk 25A. Seems like they are contractors who are more than happy to show you around either 4 or 5 room units depending on your preferences.

An uncle showed us a unit on the 19th floor. 4 room 90 sqm. A bit disappointed because the unit is smaller than what we had anticipated. Our unit is at Blk 26B 4 room and it is 85 sqm so it is even smaller. :bangwall:

Dont think our initial plan of having a walk in wardrobe in the MBR can materialize. Even a raised platform at the end of the living may have to go.

A cleaner even left the rooftop access door open when we "accidentally" took the lift with him to the 24th floor. Manage to sneak up to Blk 25A's rooftop to take a breather and enjoy the scenic view of the area. Hope you all meet the cleaner there when you are visiting. :yamseng:

Lastly, for my immediate neighbours at 26B, dont think we are getting the keys any sooner cos I can see from the rooftop that most of the fixtures in our units are not even installed yet. What a disappointment!

Enjoy your excursion to Jalan Membina!:):dunno:

YA it is small , i also feel disappoint nevermind try think the bright side , can save money dun need buy too many furniture or reno too much . One thing mop floor also save a lot of time

Hi All,

Nice to know that there's a forum for the new

Jalan Membina HDB owners.

Thank you all for the tips and info shared on the forum.

Went onsite yesterday, ucle contractor showed us one of the unit in 25A.

Want to share some video i took with hp.

http://download.yousendit.com/F66487322684EDE7

BLK 25A

- redbottle

- loobhlinda

- pert

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK

- Green

- MsBean

BLK 26A

-

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar

- noellechua

- lynnnie

- dorcas

- Vacis + moonbell

- owens_avenue + ct

BLK 26C

- elaine1205

- ZLia

- Cindy-Monkeybone

- chewy

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder / jj2 (Talented Cantonese, )

- Princess Momo

- rommie

- binzz

- kriegs

- wonsen

- Velynn

- Simpleboi

BLK 27A

- xlan

- nemofc

- bchew

- Yang Guo

- Seafaith

- chaq

- Jasch

- glaminn

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino

i'm going to try and view my unit @ 26D tmr... i'll be equipped with measuring tapes, enlarged floorplan and a camera for taking videos :dunno:

for those who are interested in laminate flooring... I seriously advise you not to do it....

I went to Furniture Mall today, and the shops there use laminate flooring, so much floating effect... and 2 friends who r in this business told me not to use laminate flooring as well

Anyone manage to notice the progress of Blk 27B? :notti:

that's the unit that i saw too

hey, that's the unit that i saw. To correct, that unit is 85sqm and not 90sqm. We did checked with the uncle because we saw the unit so small as compare to where we staying now.

Hope the owner of that unit is okay that we go in ... :notti:

Hi Nemofc,

The unit I saw is #19-100. Should be the same unit you saw too. Seems like it is the show unit for all of us. Went thru the price list and it is 90 sqm, not 85 sqm. Ha ha I really cant imagine what 85 sqm would be like.

Nevermind, just contented to be living in the prime estate with friendly neighbours. Smaller means easier to maintain too. :dunno:

btw Nemofc, you play soccer? Nemo Football Club??? Just curious? :dunno:

just came back from viewing my unit, it sure look small. especially the master bedroom. Once my bed frame goes in, no more space left for warerobe :notti:

just came back from viewing my unit, it sure look small. especially the master bedroom. Once my bed frame goes in, no more space left for warerobe :notti:

Hey kriegs,

You view the flat from our blk 26D????

Hey kriegs,

You view the flat from our blk 26D????

yup. 'some1' brought us up. :dunno:

Quite windy when i was up there, the view is nice too.

xlan, that's not some kind of weird "design". it is actually one of the tiles - flower print design. And it appear on other side of the wall. Actually, i saw the hanging thing, very big lei, really headache whether to remove it or not.. :dunno:

this design is sure weird. it extend inside the kitchen. Which mean u cant cook when your clothes are drying... to me simply is a bad design :notti: wonder who came up with this, not at all practical

yup. 'some1' brought us up. :dunno:

Quite windy when i was up there, the view is nice too.

this design is sure weird. it extend inside the kitchen. Which mean u cant cook when your clothes are drying... to me simply is a bad design :notti: wonder who came up with this, not at all practical

For me the handler is not eunogh for me to hand my clothes , Do you all think can dismantle it , I will prefer those hand on top (like the old style ) . the kitcher is small so I think must remove all clothes if you are cooking or frying chicken wing .

Gals one thing i Dun like is the window in master bedroom for aircon do you are think can block it up ??

xlan, that's not some kind of weird "design". it is actually one of the tiles - flower print design. And it appear on other side of the wall. Actually, i saw the hanging thing, very big lei, really headache whether to remove it or not.. :P

huh.. last 2 days redbottle said tat 2 dots got wires coming out.. shld b gg to b electrical pts... so it is not ah? really some weird ugly floral prints ma? :dancingqueen::dunno::dunno:

jus went to see my design.. n told my designer abt the hanger.. n will b doing a L-shape counter in kitchen.. most prob will b hving a partition.. to try to hide the hanger.. but will c if i can add a sliding door there.. see how my budget goes... :)

hey msbean! thank u so much for the fotos!!! exactly same layout as mine leh!! was tat the 90sqm unit? look small ya.. mine will b even smaller.. only 85sqm.. but nvm.. i'm used to small space anyway.. indeed easier to maintain... but storage is quite a headache thou..

hi owens_avenue! welcome! thank u you, too!!!! taking the trouble to upload ur mpeg taken on ur hp... really :bow: to u man!!! thank u thank u!!!! wat a thorough walk through leh!! :thumbs up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my dear future neighbours.. i almost faint when i saw the weird tiles in kitchen!!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: HDB did tat again!!!!!! :dunno: y... can nvr understand.... :furious:

jus now went to my designer.. we were saying the 2 colors in kitchen.. the hanger.. etc.... n really a headache... :furious: .... nvm.. a good challenge for him.. :notti:

Hi Everyone

My Bf & I juz came back from the site (sneaked into our unit)..... Gosh like wat Kriegs's said the MBR is beri small and both of us ( my bf & I) prefer the 2nd room............... however my bf & I hv a little conflict over the guest-room............. arrrhhhhhhh sian.......

hey msbean! thank u so much for the fotos!:thumbs up: exactly same layout as mine leh!! was tat the 90sqm unit? look small ya.. mine will b even smaller.. only 85sqm.. but nvm.. i'm used to small space anyway.. indeed easier to maintain... but storage is quite a headache thou..

YEs xlan , is a 90sqm yes it look small too , actually it look abt 2/3 of the old style 4 room for the size of the living room . sianz...... haiz ,,, nvm look for brighter side ,

small = save money = save doing housework time

Anyway anyone have quotation base on 4room flat , i need some guideline how much i need to spent for reno a house

Any Bank loan for reno is lowest rate ?

Edited by msbean