Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Not for me. YOU?

nay... I'm @ Blk 26D :D

ermm.. maybe you can consider a L-shape for ur kitchen cabinate? :dunno:

and if you want more storage space maybe u can look at both top and bottom cabinate lor .

Hope this will help :P

I thought kitchen cabinets are usually top & bottom?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My kitchen cabinet will be one long stretch (top & bottom). That means my fridge, washer and dryer will all be beside the window. The window hanger on the wall will have to be hacked. No matter how we try to compact, we still hv to remove the winder hanger.

We did think of L-shape which the washer will be behind the basin. The fridge will remain at near the door. Somehow this kind of concept, your kitchen will be more packed.

BF always give in to me almost all the times. But this time round, he wanted to stick to the original plan and wanted me to stay with his parents and sis! He assured me that his top priority is me and he will always protect me. When I rejected his proposal citing some harmony reasons, he commented that I was unreasonable.

Haha after seeing his reaction, I'm even more afraid to stay with his family. I can see that he's siding with his family now.

Sigh now we are in a stalemate. :dunno: I'm thinking of leaving him alone for a few days for us to cool down.

I have to settle my BF side first before we call HDB up to cancel our application :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Green,

Since your BF already made his stand that he would like to stay with his family, i don't see the point to cancel your application. Whether "you own" or "in name together" , his family still stayed together with you. BUT, i disagreed that his sister staying together as that's still consider your home and not his parents. My colleague is facing this problem. It's under her name & hubby. BUT his family & sister stayed together and it appear that she only own the MBR.

BTW, in the HDB - My HomePage, you should be able to see in "My Flat" below, there's an update where you can update to remove occupier. Check it out.

Hi Green Tranquility,

Sorry that I've left out on your PIL as the occupiers. My mum once told me this 'No matter how good your PIL is, it will still be very difficult to stay tog'. I truly agreed after I've been thru it. I think you should also heard of one house cannot have 2 women, somemore yours are 3 women.

I agreed with the rest too. Give up the unit for now and save the rest of your life.

Totally agreed with Dorcas.

Green, if you can't accept the fact that you will be staying with your PIL, you will have to reconsider this r/s (no offend). it's for your own good & his good too.

HI Dorcas

i'm thinking only bottom cabinet & 1 standalone top cabinet

cuz nw adays family seldom cook tt's y the kitchen getting smaller lo...

:notti: dun wan la.. i like cooking n entertaining during weekends.. cannot stand tabao food everyday incl weekends.. cannot imagine i keep eating in those unhealthy oil n msg.. if there's a choice.. my ambition is b a full time housewife.. hahahaha.. to cook healthy food n manage my home.. i know sound v 小女人.. :dunno:

I thought kitchen cabinets are usually top & bottom?

mm... now modern trend is to do without top cabinate.. n bottom will b suspended cabinate.. w/o top cabinate will not only look modern n sleek.. also create an illusion of a bigger kitchen.. but i still go for top cabinates... hee.. in case we need storage... at least to hide away those blenders n seldom use gadgets.. light weight ones of cos.. heavy tings still hv to put at the bottom cabinates.. tis sunday will get to see some drawings.. hope is something :sport-smiley-004:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

oh... & here's some of the sites i went to.. quite informative.. hope they help..

1) http://www.kitchenbathdesign.com/

2) http://kitchens.com/

3) http://www.renovatorsplace.com/

4) http://trendsideas.com/

5) http://www.onlinetips.org/kitchen

6) http://www.homeatyellow.com.au/yph/page/home

Edited by xlan

Hi Green,

I agreed with nemofc too. You will gradually keep yourself to your bedroom. Even when I stayed w my own parents, I also watched tv inside my bedroom. So come to think of it, you might want a totally different kind of life after marriage. So what's the pt when it goes back to sq one and even worse?

Sorry when I might have voiced out alot cos I've been thru it! So really can't stand anyone going thru the same phrase as me.

nemofc,

Are your standalone top cabinet at a side? Like what xlan said, you do have to carefully think of storage space. Unless you really seldom cook, then why not for that kind of concept? Save $ too. :jawdrop:

Btw, how many of you have gone to meet ID and get their proposal?

Hello future neighbours

Nice to meet everyone... I got a unit in Blk 26D!:yamseng::jawdrop:

Me too at blk 26D I think I'm a few level below urs rite?

:( dun wan la.. i like cooking n entertaining during weekends.. cannot stand tabao food everyday incl weekends.. cannot imagine i keep eating in those unhealthy oil n msg.. if there's a choice.. my ambition is b a full time housewife.. hahahaha.. to cook healthy food n manage my home.. i know sound v 小女人.. :D

Then can we go to your hse and makan we pay you la..... your cooking muz be beri nice bah..... I'm good in cooking maggi mee and pan fried egg ar..... Hahahahaha ( Joking...... :furious: )

However, like my sis's flat at jurong (5 rm) the kitchen oso beri small. But they dun cook 1 la.....

Dear Green,

I am sorry to hear you are having some problem with your bf's and his family. Sad to say, when 2 person get married, its not only abt them but the 2 families as well.

No matter how accomodating and much you willing to give in to your bf's family's demands, it will come to a point that you will not able to take it and by then it will be really messy to sort things out.

Sad to say, I have to agree with nemofc when she said you might have to reconsider the r/s if things turn out better

Anyway, whatever your decision is, be sure that we will be here to support you.

Hope all's well in the end and you will be our neighbour. Good luck!!

BF always give in to me almost all the times. But this time round, he wanted to stick to the original plan and wanted me to stay with his parents and sis! He assured me that his top priority is me and he will always protect me. When I rejected his proposal citing some harmony reasons, he commented that I was unreasonable.

Haha after seeing his reaction, I'm even more afraid to stay with his family. I can see that he's siding with his family now.

Sigh now we are in a stalemate. :jawdrop: I'm thinking of leaving him alone for a few days for us to cool down.

I have to settle my BF side first before we call HDB up to cancel our application :jawdrop:

Green

Try talk things out... it is such a pity to give up the flat (you are one of the lucky few from 3130 applicants leh) :good: . I gave up the 5 rm Ang Mo Kio flat 2 years ago and heart was super pain due to the lost of the $2000 and wedding plans delayed coz I din managed to get a flat till now...

Do seriously consider... it will be good if HDB allows you to remove ur PIL as occupiers and that ur BF agrees that you 2 stay alone for a while. Will pray for you... Good luck...

nemofc,

Are your standalone top cabinet at a side? Like what xlan said, you do have to carefully think of storage space. Unless you really seldom cook, then why not for that kind of concept? Save $ too. :jawdrop:

Btw, how many of you have gone to meet ID and get their proposal?

yes, i'm thinking of just "one" stand-alone top cabinet horizontally up and a full bottom cabinet. I do not want to do much spring cleaning later so if constraint to just limited storage space, i won't think of keeping so much of things in it. i like to cook & want to learn bake cakes too..

we havn't look for ID but don't intend to engage yet. cos' ours is a simple design so might use the one who renov this current (hubby's parent) home.

Edited by nemofc

Hi all,

Finally got my internet working and can catch up on the happenings on this thread. Reading back on the posts and seeing the development of the flats makes me so excited. I used to be able to see the flat everyday on my way to work and back home. But now that I'm stuck in Perth for about a year, there is really nothing I can do but hope you guys post more pictures of the flats for me to look at.

Thanks in advance

Green

Try talk things out... it is such a pity to give up the flat (you are one of the lucky few from 3130 applicants leh) :P . I gave up the 5 rm Ang Mo Kio flat 2 years ago and heart was super pain due to the lost of the $2000 and wedding plans delayed coz I din managed to get a flat till now...

Do seriously consider... it will be good if HDB allows you to remove ur PIL as occupiers and that ur BF agrees that you 2 stay alone for a while. Will pray for you... Good luck...

yes, i agree with rommie & nemofc.. esp when u 2 already come to the stage of marriage.. there's nothing u 2 cannot discuss liao.. even small small diny matters or no matter how sensitive the issues are.. esp both side's family issues.. everything.. must talk n discuss loh.. i can't comment much thou.. my personal stuffs r too messy to give good comments.. but really hope u n ur bf can come to compromise n HDB is kind enough to help u through.. i feel is really heartpain to let go both $ n location..

jj2,

haahaa.. my cooking not fantastic leh.. no good cook.. sometimes frens commented that i cook a lil too salty for singaporean's taste.. hahaa.. but bf said ok.. cos both of us 重口味啦.. hee

yes, i agree with rommie & nemofc.. esp when u 2 already come to the stage of marriage.. there's nothing u 2 cannot discuss liao.. even small small diny matters or no matter how sensitive the issues are.. esp both side's family issues.. everything.. must talk n discuss loh.. i can't comment much thou.. my personal stuffs r too messy to give good comments.. but really hope u n ur bf can come to compromise n HDB is kind enough to help u through.. i feel is really heartpain to let go both $ n location..

jj2,

haahaa.. my cooking not fantastic leh.. no good cook.. sometimes frens commented that i cook a lil too salty for singaporean's taste.. hahaa.. but bf said ok.. cos both of us 重口味啦.. hee

xlan,

I'm a cantonese too leh..... but my bf dislike cantonese cooking lo ;) ...... therefore we will be going back to his mum's place when we have shifted into our new hse. Their cooking will be under pte ltd.... cuz I could be eating the same food from monday to sunday...... not like my hse, cuz cantonese wan soup ( from watercress soup to black chicken soup) for also every meal.... theirs different lo... always fish ball soup or liang dou fu soup, then the veg will add into the soup all the time, seldom will have a proper veg in a plate.... they makan rice with the soup tt's all ..... will not have any other add food to add into.... I prefer my hm cooked food :) then theirs....

Think you are from Hongkong rite? how long hv u been in spore? my family n i also travel to HK once a year....... especially my 2nd sis she will b there July - Aug for their sales ( :P hehehe and their french toast, beef noodle and cutlet bun, yumyum....) however, not travelling to HK tis year... :( as i nd to save the leaves up for the hsing things for tis year n next year for renovation......

xlan,

I'm a cantonese too leh..... but my bf dislike cantonese cooking lo :dunno: ...... therefore we will be going back to his mum's place when we have shifted into our new hse. Their cooking will be under pte ltd.... cuz I could be eating the same food from monday to sunday...... not like my hse, cuz cantonese wan soup ( from watercress soup to black chicken soup) for also every meal.... theirs different lo... always fish ball soup or liang dou fu soup, then the veg will add into the soup all the time, seldom will have a proper veg in a plate.... they makan rice with the soup tt's all ..... will not have any other add food to add into.... I prefer my hm cooked food :dribble: then theirs....

Think you are from Hongkong rite? how long hv u been in spore? my family n i also travel to HK once a year....... especially my 2nd sis she will b there July - Aug for their sales ( :P hehehe and their french toast, beef noodle and cutlet bun, yumyum....) however, not travelling to HK tis year... :( as i nd to save the leaves up for the hsing things for tis year n next year for renovation......

hee... yes.. been here since 1992.. :notti: .. usually no 1 can tell i'm frm HK cos i speak like local already.. hahaha.. my hse cooking not really local HK taste as well.. we cook our own way rather.. aka anyhow cook.. hahahahaa... for soup.. yes! we like to drink as most HK families.. last time when i was young my granny cook different soup everyday.. so every meal we hv nice soup to go with our dishes.. n most of the soup we drink are those seldom cook or seen here in sg.. not even any foodcourts or tzi cha.. like 南北杏瘦肉菜乾汤, 腐竹汤, but now she's not here anymore n all of us working.. can only boil the soup on weekends.. my mom will sometimes boil the 黑豆生鱼骨汤.. yum yum.. but difficult n tedious.. i hvn't master the art of boiling soup yet.. hahahahaa.. i can only anyhow cook some simple dishes.. am waiting for my new kitchen to be up.. hahahaa..

n me too can't travel.. can't spend unnecessarily.. cos of the new house.. 我一年多没回老家了