Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Grand Hyatt is charging >$900 for weekday banquets and >$1000 for weekend banquets. It seems that all hotels increased $100-200 for each table this year!

Nope, I'm not goiing for GCWF wedding show. I'm signing another hotel for my banquet. We're prepared to lose 3K+. Our estimated guests are 26 tables but we are booking 30 tables, as we want to use the biggest ballroom (Min 30 tables).

Have fun for wedding show! Remember to take the chance to see the different themes and pick one for your wedding! :dancingqueen:

Thanks Thanks! :dribble: But we do not need to cmf on the theme so soon rite ?

We actually wanted to book Jan 2009 one.. but we are afraid the prices will go up further so we choose to have our banquet in dec instead.. :dancingqueen:

So which hotels u signing up with ? can share? :dribble:

Wow, you guys really spending alot of $$$ on your banquets..... for me I try to skip all these :dribble:

No choice lar.. both our parenst want these leh.. and the worst thing is.. abt 3/4 of the guest that we are gg to invite are either relatives or our parents friends.. both of us only have 5 tables each.. :dribble:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No choice lar.. both our parenst want these leh.. and the worst thing is.. abt 3/4 of the guest that we are gg to invite are either relatives or our parents friends.. both of us only have 5 tables each.. :rofl:

Lucky both our parents dun insist on traditional banquets, infact all support us to go as simple as possible.

Our plan is to find a nice place and have both our ROM and Tea Ceremony done at the same time then followed by a buffet. 1 afternoon wrap up everything.

So now the headache part is the choosing the venue.

the massive house warming will be in block 27 i guess so many people from that block haha

My block only green and myself but we are only 3 storey away :unsure: Phew the only thing i did for my marriage is to buy wedding bands before the GST hike! :rofl: most likely not doing wedding banquet...haha feels like i m missing out something

oh yah! I booked my bridal studio also hehe that is for phototaking, still trying to see we can come up with enough money to do a photoshoot in Perth where my bf is right now.

Edited by linggie

the massive house warming will be in block 27 i guess so many people from that block haha

My block only green and myself but we are only 3 storey away :unsure: Phew the only thing i did for my marriage is to buy wedding bands before the GST hike! :rofl: most likely not doing wedding banquet...haha feels like i m missing out something

oh yah! I booked my bridal studio also hehe that is for phototaking, still trying to see we can come up with enough money to do a photoshoot in Perth where my bf is right now.

Dear linggie,

I assure you that you ain miss anything abt the banquet.

I was a bestman and personally observed that even with most detailed planning, things sure to go wrong here and there, esp if you have stubborn and interferring parents.

Not to frighten you, 2 mths ago my friend's friend banquet was totally ruined because the entire hotel's banquet kitchen staff decided to do a "no show" on that day. So in the end, there was nothing beside dishes prawn crackers were served. Can you imagine that.

Dear linggie,

I assure you that you ain miss anything abt the banquet.

I was a bestman and personally observed that even with most detailed planning, things sure to go wrong here and there, esp if you have stubborn and interferring parents.

Not to frighten you, 2 mths ago my friend's friend banquet was totally ruined because the entire hotel's banquet kitchen staff decided to do a "no show" on that day. So in the end, there was nothing beside dishes prawn crackers were served. Can you imagine that.

har are you serious!:rofl::unsure:

But how could the hotel banquet staff do that.. that is os bad of them to ruin others wedding :unsure:

har are you serious!:rofl::unsure:

But how could the hotel banquet staff do that.. that is os bad of them to ruin others wedding :unsure:

Yeah serious....my friend who's at the crime scene called us for help, that time I also have no solution.

So which hotels u signing up with ? can share? smile.gif

Hi Jasch,

I'm signing up with Holiday Inn Atrium hotel. Hehe it's so near, few hundred metres away from GCWF. We chose it because we were impressed with the great service from its sales coordinator and nice food. ;) There were 2 hotels' coordinators that MIA (dun answer my calls or reply my email for a week) :deal: Haha I dun want that to happen on my wedding day leh.

U are in safe hands if u choose GCWF. My friend held his banquet there last year and everything went well! :notti:

I actually want a simple wedding without banquet like Linggie. To me, wedding is a just a procedure (SOP). What happens after wedding (marriage) is way more important to me! But my mum demanded a proper banquet.

My block only green and myself but we are only 3 storey away wink.gif Phew the only thing i did for my marriage is to buy wedding bands before the GST hike! sport-smiley-004.gif most likely not doing wedding banquet...haha feels like i m missing out something

Hi Linggie,

I actually wanted to skip the banquet too but my mum disapproved. I rather spend more on our new house than the single day event (banquet).

Sorry I'm more of a practical person hehe. :notti:

Hi Jasch,

I'm signing up with Holiday Inn Atrium hotel. Hehe it's so near, few hundred metres away from GCWF. We chose it because we were impressed with the great service from its sales coordinator and nice food. :good: There were 2 hotels' coordinators that MIA (dun answer my calls or reply my email for a week) :jawdrop: Haha I dun want that to happen on my wedding day leh.

U are in safe hands if u choose GCWF. My friend held his banquet there last year and everything went well! ;)

I actually want a simple wedding without banquet like Linggie. To me, wedding is a just a procedure (SOP). What happens after wedding (marriage) is way more important to me! But my mum demanded a proper banquet.

Hi Linggie,

I actually wanted to skip the banquet too but my mum disapproved. I rather spend more on our new house than the single day event (banquet).

Sorry I'm more of a practical person hehe. :P

Hi Green

I agreed with you, wedding is just a day and marriage is till death apart.

We have a simple church wedding & lunch buffet thereafter a chinese tea customary. Our parents is okay to opt out the banquet as it's just two of us. :dancingqueen:

har are you serious!:dancingqueen::jawdrop:

But how could the hotel banquet staff do that.. that is os bad of them to ruin others wedding ;)

yes the hotel have to compensate them! imagine the work and time put in for that 1 special day for your friend and his family.

yeah, my parents are the ones who said they are more than happy to do without. :good:

yes the hotel have to compensate them! imagine the work and time put in for that 1 special day for your friend and his family.

yeah, my parents are the ones who said they are more than happy to do without. :dancingqueen:

Hahah good for you. Time, $$, effort saved.

Anyway, i am curious, how much u guys are paying for the flats directly from hdb???

almost end of july... still no update from HDB... :dancingqueen:

the barriers along jln membina, from blk 25A all the way across to blk 26, all taken down already... :jawdrop:

almost end of july... still no update from HDB... !!

the barriers along jln membina, from blk 25A all the way across to blk 26, all taken down already... :)

checked my hdb page

Good news! The keys to your replacement flat are ready for collection. We have scheduled for you to collect keys on 08 Aug 2007 at 08:10am.

checked my hdb page

Good news! The keys to your replacement flat are ready for collection. We have scheduled for you to collect keys on 08 Aug 2007 at 08:10am.

Wow..Congrats to u!! wondering whether HDB will let us collect the keys first, as we also in blk 25A??

:) congrats!! sooooooooooooo GOOD! can get keys le!!!!

bring a bottle of ur fav n bring up on the 9Aug to celebrate national day .. haha..

totally envying u..

can we go up 25A to look at the units?

checked my hdb page

Edited by xlan

:P congrats!! sooooooooooooo GOOD! can get keys le!:notti:!

bring a bottle of ur fav n bring up on the 9Aug to celebrate national day .. haha..

totally envying u..

can we go up 25A to look at the units?

thanks, very excited

shld be able to go up & look see

pert, can probably call hdb to check when can get key

I wld be starting reno on 10 aug, ID is fr weiken/future home