Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

Does any have any experience with this ID at HDB Hub?

I went to them and feel that they are very hard sell. Also, they seem to promise a lot of high quality products, such as granite.

Thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Does any have any experience with this ID at HDB Hub?

I went to them and feel that they are very hard sell. Also, they seem to promise a lot of high quality products, such as granite.

Thanks!!

Promised but never deliver. Poor time management!

Promised but never deliver. Poor time management!

Brother used them seems ok and currrently I'm using them also ok

Colleague using them, so far so good as well.

I recently re-did my home of 7 years at Clementi West Ave 2. Its a 3 room flat. I wanted to just change abit here and there just to liven up my home. I happened to be in Toa Payoh, and just saw an advertisement for Max's Image over there. went up to their showroom and it was pretty impressive. All i did was speak to their designer and they made an appt to come down to my home to take a look before recommending what was to be done. in the end, i was won over to redo my whole kitchen, abit of my study area, my living and a full height wardrobe. due to my constraints, i had to request to do a few times quotation and surprisingly, the designer had no complaints, even though he had to stay and discuss with me till 12 plus in the morning....

My best pride and joy lie now in my kitchen, with a island concept. Will post pictures once it is completed. Thanks Benjamin...

I recently re-did my home of 7 years at Clementi West Ave 2. Its a 3 room flat. I wanted to just change abit here and there just to liven up my home. I happened to be in Toa Payoh, and just saw an advertisement for Max's Image over there. went up to their showroom and it was pretty impressive. All i did was speak to their designer and they made an appt to come down to my home to take a look before recommending what was to be done. in the end, i was won over to redo my whole kitchen, abit of my study area, my living and a full height wardrobe. due to my constraints, i had to request to do a few times quotation and surprisingly, the designer had no complaints, even though he had to stay and discuss with me till 12 plus in the morning....

My best pride and joy lie now in my kitchen, with a island concept. Will post pictures once it is completed. Thanks Benjamin...

hi Benjamin, post count 1?

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify... I am Benjamin, the sales designer handling this project for Mr Heng. I only got to know of this posting through the customer himself. I wish to clarify that for myself, I do not practise hidden costs, basically, what you pay, will be what you see in the quotation, less variables like, appliances, fittings and such. I will be delighted to post the 3drawings and quotations for everyone to share, with the permission of the customer.

I understand that individual's practises in this industry are different, so i would be grateful, if the people judge me for my work and my working practise. Cheers people....

Kindly pm me, or sms me at 94355477 for further clarification.

Thanks everyone...

May everyone achieve their desired dream home soon.

Got pix & price to support your claims?

The client had a contemporary theme, with bulk of the budget going to the kitchen, which was completely re-done, complete hacking done and with a center island concept implemented in a HDB 3 rm. Other works include a dining area extension, with parquet flooring, L-box with recess lighting for living and dining, wooden full height doors to conceal all the windows in the unit, wooden beams in the study room, 2 full height wardrobes and a re-doing of pipings for whole unit.

Total damage to the client was abt 20k, 60% went into the kitchen.

Hope this clarifies.

Pictures will be posted if the client agrees...

Thanks everyone.

I wouldnt deny Max image has a rather unusual way of management vs other firms like Intra, Baroque, A&D etc where you only deal with the person whom you sign up with.

Over in Max, sales will only be doing sales, coordinator is a totally different person entirely. Hence you will realise you ended up talking the same thing to different people throughout the reno. Which, IMO is a pain. It totally drag the speed of the project. You need to be at your home perpectually everyday to ensure the contractors got the right dimension.

I had a good sales lady who handled my project however, I am still not quite happy with the overall process. Their carpentary works is really good however their painter is the worst of the lot. I had done the plastering prior to the contractors coming in for the painting. But after they did the painting, I had really really rough uneven walls (paint drips and lines) and wavy colour joints at the corner of my walls. The painter who came to rectify insisted it is NOT his fault and refused to rectify it. He even gave me a can I don't clean up the paint which I left on your door frame look. He told me it is easier for me to paint up the frame instead. Sigh... Max told me they will talk to the boss. Another wait.

What really made me angry with them is, I paid more than $200+ for floor protection and I ended up with dented and badly scratched parquet. They simply say yes yes they will do it but it has been more then 2 weeks!! No action done so far. No updates.

Hence, if you really do sign with Max - watch out for the following

1) Hidden cost - they might charge you for plumbing drills like fixing of bathroom accessories, not responsible for burst pipes and chipped tiles etc. Even simple job of plastering the crack hole with plasters is chargeable. My friends who engaged SquareRooms & Baroque got these covered FOC.

2) Flooring protection - they use those thin cardboards which is similar to our carton boxes from supermarket. If they run out of the cardboards, they don't lay anything at all. Hence one of my bedrooms got quite badly scratched and dented with the ladder marks. :fire:

3) Coordination - too many people. Make sure they complete the 3D and dimension drawings. Never rush to let them start coz you might end up with dragging the reno works due to rectification

4) Never engage their painters! Poor and lazy attitude.

Good points

1) Good sales talk

2) Good carpentary

3) Good electrician

4) Good design

5) Pretty, Comfy showroom and lots of friendly sales ppl (Does it count? :jawdrop:)

Its been coming 2 months since I pass my simple carpentary project to Max from the last week of Oct. I understand it is the peak. But parquet rectification and polishing just take a day, plastering takes 15min? It's such small works to handover the last payment. Sometimes I wish I knew how to do such things and I can finish them up myself so I can have my new home back for Christmas.

better ask for a detailed quote. Heard lots of hidden cost from them.

You are right about this Vowsh!

Ensure everything they told you they are throwing in FOC for you is stated clearly in the contract including dimensions. We have to admit sometimes people do get forgetful. But this is cost!! So it is better to be safe. :fire:

Edited by twinkle123

I am waiting to collect my keys in 2 months and i am now just starting to look for an ID.

There are tonnes of info here and i have been reading. They have all been very useful.

But i cant find any threads about Max Image. I was recommended by a friend. Anyone can give some comments on them? In terms of pricing, good ideas and reliability?

I am also thinking of Image. There was a thread on it but very short one. So would appreciate some more comments.

Thanks all