Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dinko

Advice Needed On Multiple Reno Stuff

Hi there

I'm just starting my apt reno. (2nd hand apt)..totally new at this...need some advice on quite a few things:

1. Aircon - any reliable, not too ex brands to recommend? Need aircon units in 4 rooms. Are there any brands with System 4? Always seem to see ads up to system 3. Understand if I get a system 3 + 1 more unit, its quite ex? Someone suggested to me to use two system 2..but that will depend if there's enough space for 2 compressors - which one will be more cost efficient?

2. Washer/Dryer - Needs to be stacked on top of each other (limited space)... Any brands (water/energy efficient) to recommend?

3. Kitchen Set - Intend to get a Vitroceramic hob, oven, hood and kitchen sink. Besides brands like Teka, Mayer & Bellari, any other brands that will have all these?

4. Toilet Accessories - Need to change toilet bowl, shower set, vanity top, sink and some accessories to hang towels etc... Any place to recommend with good pricing?

5. Sofa and Dining Set - Any furniture shop to recommend for L-shape sofa, and dining set for 4-6 seaters?

House colour theme is white and dark wood colour, with contemporary feel to it..

Thanks!! :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just some comments to add for aircon:

Usually the aircon is efficient up to system 3 only. Anything more will have problems cooling the rooms, esp if all the fancoils are switched on at the same time. Moreover, if you have two compressors and you layout the fancoils strategically, you will not overload the compressors, thus saving electricity.

Eg for me, I intend to put a system 2 for my MBR and study system (frequently used), while another system 3 for the two rooms and living. The two rooms are not occupied and I believe I will seldom switch on the living room's aircon, so the system 3 is at rest most of the time.

If you have an aircon ledge, it is possible to put two compressors there. Even for my parents' place where it is an old block with no ledge, they are also allowed to hang two compressor units.

Hi there

I'm just starting my apt reno. (2nd hand apt)..totally new at this...need some advice on quite a few things:

1. Aircon - any reliable, not too ex brands to recommend? Need aircon units in 4 rooms. Are there any brands with System 4? Always seem to see ads up to system 3. Understand if I get a system 3 + 1 more unit, its quite ex? Someone suggested to me to use two system 2..but that will depend if there's enough space for 2 compressors - which one will be more cost efficient?

Yes, depends on how you run it, System 4 usually have two big compressor in the outdoor unit, each running two rooms. So at times getting two system 2 (which has 2 small compressors in each outdoor unit) can be more cost efficient. Plus the cost of two system 2 and one system 4 is about the same....

2. Washer/Dryer - Needs to be stacked on top of each other (limited space)... Any brands (water/energy efficient) to recommend?

Just get the wall mount type dryer and you can get any washing machine you like, even the top loading type. Mine is the wall mount and I have a top loading washing mc below, no problem.

3. Kitchen Set - Intend to get a Vitroceramic hob, oven, hood and kitchen sink. Besides brands like Teka, Mayer & Bellari, any other brands that will have all these?

May want to look at Fujioh (no need to change/wash filter). Tested to remove 80-88% of oil in the cooking fumes.

4. Toilet Accessories - Need to change toilet bowl, shower set, vanity top, sink and some accessories to hang towels etc... Any place to recommend with good pricing?

Look around for best price.... promotion... many like Hoe Kee and Poh Joo. Genova having sale now over the weekend. Bought two design toilet mirror at $5 ea. Kitchen sink tap at $29 (usually $60+), etc....

5. Sofa and Dining Set - Any furniture shop to recommend for L-shape sofa, and dining set for 4-6 seaters?

Lorenzo? but a bit ex... have to wait for good discount period. I got a sofa set from them and its still good after 5yrs, just the leather is worn out, the cushion, latex and spring is still good, so spend a few hundred to change the leather... ha ha.

House colour theme is white and dark wood colour, with contemporary feel to it..

Thanks!! :thumbs up:

Edited by Brainstorm