Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Who?

Daikin Air-con... Help

hi guys,

im contemplating between getting an inverter or non-inverter System 4 from Daikin. The dealer whom I approached told me that if i only use it for my sleep (which is at most 6-7 hrs a day), then non-inverter is more worth it since the up-front cost is about close to S$1,400 difference between the 2.

Anyway, he quoted me for Daikin non-inverter System 4 (9+9+9+12) for S$2,100 including installation. I deduce that his inverter system 4 is gonna set me back by S$3,500.

Installation:

- 1/2" ArmaFlex insulation for all copper + water pipe, unlimited length

- G24 Copper (I asked for upgrade he told me need to top up since the price of copper is quite exp now)

- 2 time installation

1) Which should I be looking at? Inverter / Non-Inverter?

2) How's his price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi guys,

im contemplating between getting an inverter or non-inverter System 4 from Daikin. The dealer whom I approached told me that if i only use it for my sleep (which is at most 6-7 hrs a day), then non-inverter is more worth it since the up-front cost is about close to S$1,400 difference between the 2.

Anyway, he quoted me for Daikin non-inverter System 4 (9+9+9+12) for S$2,100 including installation. I deduce that his inverter system 4 is gonna set me back by S$3,500.

Installation:

- G24 Copper (I asked for upgrade he told me need to top up since the price of copper is quite exp now)

- 2 time installation

2) How's his price?

tat's wat the my salesman told me also... ur price is the same as my daikin sys 3... cheap cheap.. my sys 3 is the same price as urs!! mine is 9+9+18

If U on few aircon at the same time... go for the inverter...

Agree with HSH21, if your aircon is on for more than 12 hours a day, and you aircon your whole house, you have to take inverter, save electricity.

If you just use it at night when you sleep, a non inverter would be fine also, at least you buy it cheaper upfront..

hi guys,

Installation:

- 2 time installation

2) How's his price?

I thought nowadays G23 is the common diameter for copper piping? how come they give u G24 only? but at least they give u 1/2" insulation

I top up from G23 to G22 for $60.. and upgrade to 1/2" insulation for $120.. I am getting sys 3 Toshiba Inverter..

actually my hubby and I were comtemplating between inverter and non-inverter as well, in the end we settled for Inverter.. as we can afford the "better" option.

So, as for inverter or non-inverter, its dependent on your budget loh.. see how much U wan to pay more up-front so that U need no worry abt the utilities bill after. or get non-inverter and regulate ur usage after U get ur mthly bills..

tat's wat the my salesman told me also... ur price is the same as my daikin sys 3... cheap cheap.. my sys 3 is the same price as urs!! mine is 9+9+18

hmm.. ur price for system 3 is a bit on the high side? I read ppl getting quotes for system 3 Mit ard S$1.7k - S$1.9k.

btw, sunboi80 & krisietong neighbours? both EA @ Jurong West St 65. hehe

If U on few aircon at the same time... go for the inverter...

A sales guy from Gain City told me that Daikin only has 1 compressor with their system 4. Which means there is not too big diff if you on 1 fan coil or all fan coils. This is BAD news. :dancingqueen:

Agree with HSH21, if your aircon is on for more than 12 hours a day, and you aircon your whole house, you have to take inverter, save electricity.

If you just use it at night when you sleep, a non inverter would be fine also, at least you buy it cheaper upfront..

That is the problem. I think both of us will be out working most of the time. That's why still contemplating whether the inverter will make so much of a cost savings to us after all.

Besides, most comments are that air-con nowadays are not as durable as last time. I dun think it will be good to think that it can last more than 10 years to give you that kind of cost savings. !!

I thought nowadays G23 is the common diameter for copper piping? how come they give u G24 only? but at least they give u 1/2" insulation

I top up from G23 to G22 for $60.. and upgrade to 1/2" insulation for $120.. I am getting sys 3 Toshiba Inverter..

actually my hubby and I were comtemplating between inverter and non-inverter as well, in the end we settled for Inverter.. as we can afford the "better" option.

So, as for inverter or non-inverter, its dependent on your budget loh.. see how much U wan to pay more up-front so that U need no worry abt the utilities bill after. or get non-inverter and regulate ur usage after U get ur mthly bills..

The G22 copper pipe is more recommended by ppl online for inverter systems. I din know that the insulation upgrade can cost more than the copper pipe upgrade. What diameter insulation did they offer you initially?

The inverter is still one of my options currently. Just dunno whether the long term ROI on energy savings is worth the upfront high cost. !!

Edited by Who?

hmm.. ur price for system 3 is a bit on the high side? I read ppl getting quotes for system 3 Mit ard S$1.7k - S$1.9k.

btw, sunboi80 & krisietong neighbours? both EA @ Jurong West St 65. hehe

A sales guy from Gain City told me that Daikin only has 1 compressor with their system 4. Which means there is not too big diff if you on 1 fan coil or all fan coils. This is BAD news. :dancingqueen:

That is the problem. I think both of us will be out working most of the time. That's why still contemplating whether the inverter will make so much of a cost savings to us after all.

Besides, most comments are that air-con nowadays are not as durable as last time. I dun think it will be good to think that it can last more than 10 years to give you that kind of cost savings. :notti:

The G22 copper pipe is more recommended by ppl online for inverter systems. I din know that the insulation upgrade can cost more than the copper pipe upgrade. What diameter insulation did they offer you initially?

The inverter is still one of my options currently. Just dunno whether the long term ROI on energy savings is worth the upfront high cost. :notti:

ya.. me and sunboi stays 2 blocks away.. :P

the insulation upgrade is fr 3/8" to 1/2"

inverter system is more efficient in delivering the cold air needed.. and it helps to save the earth!! hahaha.. if can afford, get the better option loh..

mabbe we bought the aircon too early bah...tat's why more ex... but i went carrefour to check the pricing after we placed the order for our sys 3... carrefour is $400 more ex for the same sys... we also dunno much abt aircon... but we got ours frm gaincity.. got dunno wat casetrust... i guess they wun cheat us bah... else how they get the 'casetrust' logo?

mabbe we bought the aircon too early bah...tat's why more ex... but i went carrefour to check the pricing after we placed the order for our sys 3... carrefour is $400 more ex for the same sys... we also dunno much abt aircon... but we got ours frm gaincity.. got dunno wat casetrust... i guess they wun cheat us bah... else how they get the 'casetrust' logo?

heh. never buy ur electronics stuffs from places like carrf*** or bes* denk* unless u feeling rich.

their prices are usu the RRP.

the contractor has reverted already. he asking me to top-up additional S$150 for the upgrade from G24 to G22 copper piping if i insist, saying cost to cost already. dunno whether i should bite the bullet. :(

How's the workmanship? I went to IMM to look at Daikin... n I get all sorts of different quotes. Looking at system 3, both inverter and non-inverter. Non-inverter ranges from 1.8k to 2.2k, inverter range from 2.6k to 3.2k...

update:

The air-con guy came over and saw the floor plan. No way to have the non-invertor system cos the distance from the latch to the study room is too far. Think have to fall back on the System 4 Invertor.

Quoted S$3,750 for the Daikin System 4 Invertor plus installation. Keep u guys updated after done up.

i think it's 2.7k they are refering to!

Myabe you can try Starmex system 4 (10+10+10+26), which i bought @ around $3.5k