Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynnsharmin

Irresponsible Agent!

Hi people,i'm really at a loss now and wants to seek some regarding my irresponsible agent.

Saw him from the papers and called up to view the house he was marketing.After seeing a house we liked,got him to sign for us to purchase the flat.At the same time,he 'offered' us to use his service to sell our current flat.So after much thinking,we finally decided to use him as well.

The problem here is,even before the first appointment for the resale of my current flat,i have already mentioned and told him that i am only ready to move out end of March,and i will settle my bills till end of March (which i did already).So he said that he will draft out a letter to be signed by both buyer and seller and request to the HDB officer to make the 2nd appointment on the end of March.But to my shock and dissapointment,HDB letter came and the date was mid March!Where am i gonna stay then!

All this while,he has been ignoring my SMS and refusing to pick up my calls.

I am very dissatisfied with his service and intend to lodge a complaint if i find out that he did not even fax to the HDB officer (which i will find out).

I need to know if anyone knows what would happen if i did not attend the 2nd appointment?

What are the procedures HDB take in the case that i did not come and sign the completion letter?

Any advice appreciated!!Thanks in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do you pay him the commission since he is not responsible and did not do his job.

Call the HDB hotline: 1800-8663066 if you have any questions regarding resales.

Edited by zirhk3355

So he said that he will draft out a letter to be signed by both buyer and seller and request to the HDB officer to make the 2nd appointment on the end of March.But to my shock and dissapointment,HDB letter came and the date was mid March!Where am i gonna stay then!

So is there a letter signed by both buyer and seller or not? If there is a letter then you are quite ok.

I need to know if anyone knows what would happen if i did not attend the 2nd appointment?

What are the procedures HDB take in the case that i did not come and sign the completion letter?

Any advice appreciated!!Thanks in advance

If I am not wrong, before that the 2nd appt comes, you should write in to ask the HDB officer to change the date. Don't just sit there and MIA on the date itself. From mid-Mar to end-Mar is not very long, so just come up with some crap reasons like outstation and such. However, I think HDB might want the other party to agree also - so best to get the joker agent to come in and handle this.

Edited by zirhk3355

Launch a complaint direct to his company, state your case and your dissatisfation. Request that they reassign someone capable to take over the mess from where he left off, as soon as possible, don't drag. Will be terrible if the other party wants to collect the keys and you go no where to move to.

It's nonsense to have an agent to handle all the paper work and hassle for you and yet it's still in a mess and you have to worry about it. 2% for selling and 1% for buying, easily $6000 to $8000. You have every right not to pay him the full amount for this kind of service rendered.

I heard there is a real estate association that we can compliant to and they will black list these agents.

Anyone know about this?

If u did not turn up for the 2nd appointment without valid reasons, then HDB will calculate the number of days which is being postponed, u have to pay a penalty of 10% (per annum, pro rated on daily basis) based on your purchase price. Should work out to a few hundred dollars for 2weeks or so.

If there is a letter being faxed (i dont think HDB will accept faxs, usually they want the original copies which was signed by both buyer and seller), then the HDB officer in charge of your case should had know, and wouldnt had sent u the letter dated mid march. (**hope u get the hint)

vinz

Hi people...

Thanks for the interest in my thread.Here are the latest updates from my previous thread.

After i had received the completion date letter from HDB,i on my part made my own arrangements to meet the buyer of my property to discuss personally on the handing over of keys date.(so sad i had to do it myself,as my 'agent' kept mum all these while not even SMS'ing me to ask or even to talk about the HDB letter!)

I went to see the buyer and luckily he was kind enuff to let me stay for another one more week after the 2nd appt..

One day before the 2nd appt,agent called me but my fiance picked up my phone and told him i was overseas.He sounded 'worried' and said that i might incur charges from HDB.Hearing and after saying that,he hung up.

ON the 2nd appt,me and my parents were at HDB lobby for the appt,waiting for our no to be called.

What made me furious was that this rogue agent appeared but stood a distance away frm us!My dad had to approach him to ask his regards!I was thinking to myself,and i should pay for this kind of services?Not assisting me for my 2nd appt?Even when my number is being called up,the owner's agent were the one who called us into the room.

AFter all the papers had been signed,my agent dissapeared!!nowhere to be found..and he did not call me up as well for that whole week till the handover of keys!

On the day of the handover,he came to my place with a glum look on his face,to pass me the invoice for his services!i was so **** pissed that i did not say anything much and went away.

But on that day itself,i went to CASE to lodge a complaint and at the same time emailed the agency about my dissatisfaction and attaching my CASE letter.

What they replied to me made me even more angry!They said since i had lodged a complaint with CASE,they would not get back to me but would get back to CASE.Hey am i not the consumer here????

SO i went to Small CLaims Tribunal and had attended a mediation last Wednesday,they refused to refund me on the amount paid(The agent took $6k from the buyer of my house-without letting me even see the cheque!).The propert agency claimed that it is not their practice to do refunds of commisions.

Hey btw,the rogue agent did not attend the mediation at the Small Claims,they sent a rep down.

So the 2nd mediation,he has to turn up)

What do u people think of my chances?I've got all my proofs and submitted the docus to the Small Claims.

SO i went to Small CLaims Tribunal and had attended a mediation last Wednesday,they refused to refund me on the amount paid(The agent took $6k from the buyer of my house-without letting me even see the cheque!).The propert agency claimed that it is not their practice to do refunds of commisions.

Hey btw,the rogue agent did not attend the mediation at the Small Claims,they sent a rep down.

So the 2nd mediation,he has to turn up)

What do u people think of my chances?I've got all my proofs and submitted the docus to the Small Claims.

Why in the world did the buyer go and pay for your commission??? Then how did the buyer get it back from you??

Frankly, with the money in their hands, it had totally turned the tables around on you. Instead of the agent bringing you to the tribunal to claim their comm, you now have to bring them to tribunal to get it back. You are made the plaintiff when instead you should have been the defendant.

And since the transaction is successfully done (ie you managed to sell the flat to the buyer), and with all the information given by you here, IMO your chances are very slim. Usually comm can only be refunded if the transaction is not successful, otherwise you must have very strong, solid reasons as to why you do not want to pay comm even though the flat was sold.

The services of the agent is to intro buyer to seller, do the paperwork and make sure the flat is sold. Things like allowing the seller to stay beyond the 2nd appt date are additional services, which the agent may or may not provide to you. And there is nothing wrong for him to not provide additional services; on paper, he still deserves his comm as long as he had provided the bare basic services.

Do note that HDB does not encourage such practice of seller 'overstaying'; strictly once the 2nd appt is over, the buyer must takeover possession of the flat, because he is supposed to occupy it, not other people. In fact, its against HDB's policy, but they usually close one eye lah.

So if you claimed that the agent had failed his services just because he did not managed to secure the 'overstaying' period for you, it does not quite hold water to the magistrate at the tribunal. This is because on paper, you are asking him to do things that are against HDB's policy!

Just my 2 cents' worth - but anyhow, still wish you all the best, ya! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by zirhk3355

Well if indeed what he offered was 'extra' services,then what about not assisting me during my first and 2nd appt?Am i suppose to get all the information myself?As to what are the documents and paperworks i have to settle?Then what the **** for i use him as my agent??

Well if indeed what he offered was 'extra' services,then what about not assisting me during my first and 2nd appt?Am i suppose to get all the information myself?As to what are the documents and paperworks i have to settle?Then what the **** for i use him as my agent??

Did he prepare the docs for you? Or you did it yourself?

If you did everything yourself (and have proof), then you might have a case to get a discount off the comm, but cannot totally don't pay comm at all because he did bring you a buyer mah.

When I bought my current flat, my agent was also slacking like yours; I so pissed off that I discharged her, informing her agency and HDB that she will have no authority to represent me in anything. She quietly monitor the transaction and once its over, she appeared again and still have to cheek to ask for comm, but I told her to go small claim lor. Till now, 4 yrs liao, no sound no picture.

Think your agent is a tough one mann...

Bad Bad Bad terrible experience with agent from Propnex

(website:www.key.com.sg)

He and his team are all lousy agents,sweet talking his way into getting their commisions.

After transaction is over with lotsa hiccups along the way,he simply dissapears..unreachable....

As if we are strangers and never knew each other...

I hope you all won't get cheated by him.

I did,consider it my bad luck.

But rest assured,i'm moving on with a grudge that won't die inside.

May he come to no good end.