Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aiya

Bad Experience With Hoe Kee @ Tanjong Katong Complex

My mom went to Hoe Kee @ Tanjong Katong Complex to get a new kitchen hob. Our current kitchen hob is La Germania (a model with round-edged finishing), the salesperson, Jenny recommended Elba (with square-edged finishing) and reassured my mom that this brand would fit perfectly in our current hob dimension. Jenny told us that we only need to pay $40 for installation charges. Jenny also recommended my mom their own contractor to do the installation and he possess a PUB license.

On the actual day, the Hoe Kee contractor (a young man in his early 30s) came to install the new kitchen hob. Much to our surprise, he quoted us $198 for additional installation works. He cited that there is a need to change the gas pipe & valve (for $78) as it was too old (our gas pipe & valve are still functioning well) and $80 for trimming the round edges of our current hob in order to fit the square edged hob (for info, he only trimmed < 20cm) plus the initial $40 installation fees. My mom doesn't feel right with his claim. Nonetheless, she gave in to the contractor's request to get things done. [For info, the Elba hob costs $520, the installation works cost $198 => this is about 38% of the cost of the hob!). It is a ripped off.

We felt the additional price quoted was not justifiable and the contractor did not even provide a receipt after collecting the money.

This is clearly a misrepresentation from Hoe Kee; claiming and reassuring my mom that the new hob can fit nicely in the previous round edged finishing.

We like to share our bad experience to caution all who patronize this shop. Firstly, there was misrepresentation by Jenny assuring us that no additional work/charges (i.e. cut any hole nor replace any gas pipe) are required but her contractor did otherwise. Secondly, the contractor over-charge for the work done.

Do not make purchases from Hoe Kee as there are hidden costs incurred.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request