Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Nextstep, I saw it in JEM, last day of the 2 week promo. But I'm quite certain other malls will have such promo too... last I saw, there was a pop up store for WMF in Orchard near paragon, not sure if it's still ard? Like what Lux says, reno during end year is good, many sales going on.. hahaha! But hole in pocket getting bigger!

Yaya! Castlery and ikea tables. But the wood is not treated/laminated (I think so)... worried any spills will be absorbed in easily.. must go look ard somemore.. pfft!

woot woot, WMF! where you find the lobang??

I will go for the wood table top design, as glass top cleaning is a pain I think,

as much and I got a glass top coffee table. (美就可以liao, we all same same)

1 from Castlery and 1 from ikea?

I do like the Miller dinning table from Castlery, the wood look so solid.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Think the Castlery one is great... I've bought a wooden top one from TB and it just arrived! Going to assemble it this weekend!

BTW, you can self treat with wood varnish which is what I'm doing for my study table. We bought a IKEA metod solid wood countertop that was untreated and wood varnish from a neighbourhood paint shop. IKEA's wood protector is like $39 and the neighbourhood one is like $4.50. Not sure what's the difference really!

Nextstep, I saw it in JEM, last day of the 2 week promo. But I'm quite certain other malls will have such promo too... last I saw, there was a pop up store for WMF in Orchard near paragon, not sure if it's still ard? Like what Lux says, reno during end year is good, many sales going on.. hahaha! But hole in pocket getting bigger!

Yaya! Castlery and ikea tables. But the wood is not treated/laminated (I think so)... worried any spills will be absorbed in easily.. must go look ard somemore.. pfft!

My father's house has a fridge base and I'm guessing it's a design from 1990's cos back then we really flood the kitchen for a good wash. I vaguely remember the fridge people heaving the fridge onto the base.. haha. But now people are even using vinyls in kitchen so I don't think washing is the norm now..

Thanks KS for your advice for the Open Net installation. So if I'm using Starhub cable t, then it is not necessary to move the position of the TP? Speaking of which, what about those android boxes? I seldom have time for tv but I like my tvb and travel living channel when I'm home. I'm so handicapped in this area

Back in 1970s to early 1980s, there is no base. People just put the fridge on 4 square brick-like concrete platforms.

Yes, if you are watching StarHub TV on cable, you do not need to move the TP point or lay any cable from the TP point to the TV area. StarHub TV on cable is delivered via the SCV point. Both Apple TV and Android boxes deliver content from the internet to your TV. Depending on your device, it connects to the internet via cable and/or WiFi. If the device supports WiFi, it will still work if your WiFi signal is good at the TV location. However, WiFi connection reliability and speed cannot compare with a cabled connection. My Apple TV is connected via cable to my network. Even with a 100 Mbps internet connection, I can watch youtube videos without any visible buffering. So, if you are really serious about using Apple TV and/or Android boxes, a cabled connection will be better.

Sapphire, ur loots look good! Do post pics when you unveil! Thanks for the advice on wood varnish, when you are done can post some photos too? Thanks!

Think the Castlery one is great... I've bought a wooden top one from TB and it just arrived! Going to assemble it this weekend!

BTW, you can self treat with wood varnish which is what I'm doing for my study table. We bought a IKEA metod solid wood countertop that was untreated and wood varnish from a neighbourhood paint shop. IKEA's wood protector is like $39 and the neighbourhood one is like $4.50. Not sure what's the difference really!

I grew up with the 4 square boxes :) haha

I will be using Android box and currently supporting it via WIFI. So if I want to have cabled wiring for the box, does it means I need to have 2 points? I for the android box and 1 for wifi?

Back in 1970s to early 1980s, there is no base. People just put the fridge on 4 square brick-like concrete platforms.

Yes, if you are watching StarHub TV on cable, you do not need to move the TP point or lay any cable from the TP point to the TV area. StarHub TV on cable is delivered via the SCV point. Both Apple TV and Android boxes deliver content from the internet to your TV. Depending on your device, it connects to the internet via cable and/or WiFi. If the device supports WiFi, it will still work if your WiFi signal is good at the TV location. However, WiFi connection reliability and speed cannot compare with a cabled connection. My Apple TV is connected via cable to my network. Even with a 100 Mbps internet connection, I can watch youtube videos without any visible buffering. So, if you are really serious about using Apple TV and/or Android boxes, a cabled connection will be better.

Fatcat! The raw deal looks really good and have to be a little anal about the water marks, my friends really dislike me for that constant nagging about the coasters..LOL

Then again, it can always be polished up and in the future just varnish it if you dont like it. Thus you get to enjoy 2 "looks"

Lux! I'm anal about water marks!! Lol. If i do get wooden ones, must def be laminated or treated To tahan the condensation from my wine and glasses.. 🍺

Fatcat! The raw deal looks really good and have to be a little anal about the water marks, my friends really dislike me for that constant nagging about the coasters..LOL

Then again, it can always be polished up and in the future just varnish it if you dont like it. Thus you get to enjoy 2 "looks"

I grew up with the 4 square boxes :) haha

I will be using Android box and currently supporting it via WIFI. So if I want to have cabled wiring for the box, does it means I need to have 2 points? I for the android box and 1 for wifi?

Not sure I understand your question. If you are using WiFi for Android box, there is no network point needed. If you are using wired connection for the Android box, then you need a network point to connect the cable. If you have more than one device at that location that needs a network point, then instead of laying additional cabling for a second or third network point, the usual solution is to buy a simple switch. A bit like an extension cord, but for network cabling. See here.

You need to check if your Android box supports wired and/or WiFi connection.

KS! I read your link and the photos of the wires makes me very scare!!!! LOL

What wires? Network cables or electricity overloading wires?

that whole bunch laying on your floor... haha

So, do yu recommend that the cat6 cable be lay even to the bedroom? Right now my plan is only to the TV area

What wires? Network cables or electricity overloading wires?

that whole bunch laying on your floor... haha

So, do yu recommend that the cat6 cable be lay even to the bedroom? Right now my plan is only to the TV area

I recommend laying network cables to every room. Read the thread on my blog. As for the messy wires, I read somewhere that messy people tend to be geniuses. :)

KS! I read your link and the photos of the wires makes me very scare!!!! LOL

haha actually I have to say yes is kinda scary, this is the reason I relocate the open net point to my store room to make sure can out of my sight, but again can manage those the cable lah, make sure you get some cable organiser that will work.

I recommend laying network cables to every room. Read the thread on my blog. As for the messy wires, I read somewhere that messy people tend to be geniuses. :)

I agree with KS, I have 4 network point in the house. 1 at each room, 1 at the livingroom, and 1 at service yart.

Edited by nextstep

Walau what's the network point at the service yard for? and **** room?

I only have one network point behind the TV. It works for me as I don't have TV and desktop computers in the bedrooms and the wifi signal coverage is good enough