Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

D+18: New windows up!!

6fp2qp.jpg

Living room windows! So glad I choose tinted cos the sun is so alive! Am more of a vampire so this suits me quite well 😜

1z18d9d.jpg

The other side of the house. Not too dark since light is abundant. See the packets of plaster? Plastering works start tmr.. like very fast all of a sudden.. hahaha

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Nextstep, I bought my rain shower set , kitchen faucet and other stuff though him too. Like I explained to fatcat, it's not about the $380 but the fact that when I upgraded showerhead $20 also he asked me to pay. I exchanged something to the bidet spray top up $30 also he asked me to pay which I did for all even though I did asked him to give discount. I was easy going with him and don't feel shiok because feel like being a nice person doesn't pay off and he deserves nasty customer who bargain his pants off.

I remember someone once told me " if you don't make money from nice customers , you will never get a chance to make money from the nasty ones" so the nice ones will be gana kotok.

But I don't want to be the nasty one but also don't want to be carrot head.lol

Agree with you and feel you on this!

Through the Reno process really learned cannot be too nice at times people just take advantage of you.

Hope you get paid back elsewhere :)

Can i check if you have a washing machine and refrigerator base ? I don't want it but the contractor built up for me and I don't know why it is necessary although they said it's cleaner.

Ps: my plastering also tomorrow kaki!

Edited by Luxexplorer

No other bases except kitchen cabinet base. Washing machine base like weird.. what if change machine? I think no base cleaner.. lol

Yay to plastering!

Can i check if you have a washing machine and refrigerator base ? I don't want it but the contractor built up for me and I don't know why it is necessary although they said it's cleaner.

Ps: my plastering also tomorrow kaki!

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

may i ask everyone: how does the contractor seal up the holes in the walls made by prev owner's drilling? e.g. if they had photos n stuff like that on the walls. is it chargeable?

Small holes they will plaster up, big holes will cement up. Normally plastering included in quotation le. If not, just ask them to help plaster, easy peasy stuff, shldn't need to pay..

may i ask everyone: how does the contractor seal up the holes in the walls made by prev owner's drilling? e.g. if they had photos n stuff like that on the walls. is it chargeable?

Scarlett, unless your quotation include plastering, if not can ask them for favours.

DIY is to use wall putty.

Scarlett, unless your quotation include plastering, if not can ask them for favours.

DIY is to use wall putty.

Small holes they will plaster up, big holes will cement up. Normally plastering included in quotation le. If not, just ask them to help plaster, easy peasy stuff, shldn't need to pay..

thanks guys :) that's helpful.

Walked past the mall and saw WMF pots on last day promo. Wanted to get them all along since I'm a sucker for stainless steel stuff... haha. At $109 for the Collier series, me think it's a good buy thou I will prob using the smaller pots more often since I'm staying alone.

2prbg2b.jpg

VOTE time:

dh4i2p.png

I like wooden one with metal legs but wooden top dirties easily. The glass one has a fabulous design but I'm worried the glass will reflect light from my pendant dining lights and the stability of the legs is a concern. Any comments?

Vote goes to first dining set ! Reason because the 2nd design although classic has been around forever since 2007 .. and the glass is a pain in the a**. The legs are stable and not a problem because I have used this set before and it has no issues

I just finished in spotlight and also shopped and shopped

Edited by Luxexplorer

It is common for contractors to create a base for the washing machine. For the same reason why kitchen cabinets normally have a base. Elevates the structure above the "wet" floor. There is also a base for my current washing machine and past ones, although I agree it is not so necessary these days unless you are the type who wets the floor. The footprint of almost all washing machines are almost standard, so there is no problem even if you change machines.

It is odd for a refrigerator to have a base. I have never have one before. Refrigerators can be very heavy and you need to slide them in and out. If there is a base, it will be difficult. And they also come with different footprints, so if your base is too small, it may be a problem.

Walked past the mall and saw WMF pots on last day promo. Wanted to get them all along since I'm a sucker for stainless steel stuff... haha. At $109 for the Collier series, me think it's a good buy thou I will prob using the smaller pots more often since I'm staying alone.

2prbg2b.jpg

woot woot, WMF! where you find the lobang??

VOTE time:

dh4i2p.png

I like wooden one with metal legs but wooden top dirties easily. The glass one has a fabulous design but I'm worried the glass will reflect light from my pendant dining lights and the stability of the legs is a concern. Any comments?

I will go for the wood table top design, as glass top cleaning is a pain I think,

as much and I got a glass top coffee table. (美就可以liao, we all same same)

1 from Castlery and 1 from ikea?

I do like the Miller dinning table from Castlery, the wood look so solid.

My father's house has a fridge base and I'm guessing it's a design from 1990's cos back then we really flood the kitchen for a good wash. I vaguely remember the fridge people heaving the fridge onto the base.. haha. But now people are even using vinyls in kitchen so I don't think washing is the norm now..

Thanks KS for your advice for the Open Net installation. So if I'm using Starhub cable t, then it is not necessary to move the position of the TP? Speaking of which, what about those android boxes? I seldom have time for tv but I like my tvb and travel living channel when I'm home. I'm so handicapped in this area 😖

It is common for contractors to create a base for the washing machine. For the same reason why kitchen cabinets normally have a base. Elevates the structure above the "wet" floor. There is also a base for my current washing machine and past ones, although I agree it is not so necessary these days unless you are the type who wets the floor. The footprint of almost all washing machines are almost standard, so there is no problem even if you change machines.

It is odd for a refrigerator to have a base. I have never have one before. Refrigerators can be very heavy and you need to slide them in and out. If there is a base, it will be difficult. And they also come with different footprints, so if your base is too small, it may be a problem.