Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
arturobinewski

It Came From The 80's.....

Hey ! Can you kindly share a photo of the side opposite the sofa ? I am curious about that section :)

Here are all my "pets" and own pets at home,

14 CATS AND 3 DOGS!

6t0m7o.jpg

My daily morning call ritual!

mijwiw.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi owlNbear! Another cat lover!! Any catification done?? Hahaha

Hi Lazyfatcat, yes! We're exploring the option of having a cat trap door. Right now, we're looking to see if our contractor/carpenter will be able to make a plain wooden flap, as the existing cat trap doors are not very attractive :P

Trap door pic (with a cute fatcat :D)

very%20big_zpspsobriby.gif

wow.. I am a cat feeder and has about 15 cats on hand and a few are really friendly, wanting to be pat and play before meals. I always feel sorry for them especially during this rainy season when they come out from their hiding place all drench. Kudos for adopting... well done and the world can do with more kind hearted souls

Hi Lux, yea we want to help out however we can, and having a place of our own (with no kids) will be the best time to do so :) Kudos to you for feeding those 15 cats, much more than we could ever handle! We also love interacting and chatting with the feeders around our area. You guys have the most amazing/touching stories ever.

Hey fellow catlovers! I'm chuffed to have so much company on this forum, makes me believe our strays have hope after all :thumbs up:

Lux, do you have cats too?

Since we're all here, any ideas on how to "catify" my place more, now that Fatcat has mentioned it? *Sigh* I keep feeling they are not being sufficiently entertained... My poor plant is almost botak cos every night they play with the leaves and snap the branches!

Here are some pics of my living room now - my sofa & "shoe cabinet" came in on Sunday, and I had to reconfigure everything! :-

pahOeT.jpg

OQeOs7.jpg

Spot the cats in this picture:
vO7ETs.jpg

Hey Art! Sorry for hijacking your thread with our cat-lovin', but I think you won't mind too much ;) Back to the topic...we finally got to see a complete view of your living room! It's amazing :) Did you have a clear-ish vision of what it'll turn out to be already, in your mind? I'm impressed by how you've daringly combined these bold colours and have everything still come together so nicely. As for catification, here's an idea from me: a yellow plank running above the TV console that they can hop on to via the small wooden shelf =)

Edited by owlNbear

Hey ! Can you kindly share a photo of the side opposite the sofa ? I am curious about that section :)

14 CATS AND 3 DOGS!

6t0m7o.jpg

mijwiw.jpg

Lovely babies you have there :wub: Is that handsome boy (or girl) on the right a german shephard?

On 12/01/2016 at 9:18 PM, Luxexplorer said:

14 CATS AND 3 DOGS!

6t0m7o.jpg

mijwiw.jpg

Edited by arturobinewski

On 13/01/2016 at 0:44 AM, owlNbear said:

Hey Art! Sorry for hijacking your thread with our cat-lovin', but I think you won't mind too much ;) Back to the topic...we finally got to see a complete view of your living room! It's amazing :) Did you have a clear-ish vision of what it'll turn out to be already, in your mind? I'm impressed by how you've daringly combined these bold colours and have everything still come together so nicely. As for catification, here's an idea from me: a yellow plank running above the TV console that they can hop on to via the small wooden shelf =)

Edited by arturobinewski

Hey owlNbear, Let me intro you to my canine family. :thumbs up:
That big girl is our Singapore Special mongrel and was rescue from the restaurant Otto located at the red dot building. That's why after we rescue here, she is named otto.. haha.. so not creative right?

The white one, Brownie ( don't know why brownie when he is white) is a recent rescue as abandoned by previous owner and was send to AVA. You know the fate that looms over their heads if they are not adopted right so I thought will rescue and re-home later but turned out he is very insecure and bite like crazy and we have been trying to re-train him but seems like he is going to be adopted by us.

And the oldest is Milo, the Kings Charles cavalier, also an adopted case when given up at 6 years old. Pedigree with birth cert from Australia and feel sad for them when they get given up by their families.

Art, they were not looking for noms noms.. they were all waiting to wake me up! LOL

Before getting side-track, I really like the colors combi about your place. Has a "je na sais quoi" feel. and your tenants are super cute especially the last one - a guinea pig? But dunno why I am really afraid of their tails.

Lovely babies you have there :wub: Is that handsome boy (or girl) on the right a german shephard?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Lux, the last pic is a rat, rescued from a testing lab!! Hahaha yes, alot of people are creeped out by their tails but they are so intelligent, like mini dogs! I have 4!

Fatcat, my kitties are ok with them so far. Curious, but never attack leh. In fact, just last night my black rat had a face off with one of them - pounced at her nose and then proceeded to chase her out of the room somemore!

Anywhoo, looks can be deceiving - I run a mini zoo in my house.. Just some of my other "tenants":

Your zoo collection is very interesting. Hope you don't live near my place, or the wild civet cats may attack them!

Edited by Ks Toh

Owl, thanks for your compliments and I'm all for crazy cat ladies! No worries, cat or animal-related (for that matter) topics are welcome on my blog! :D A plank sounds good, but they won't be able to reach it unless I build more steps.. and I'm not sure if there's space for it!

Ahhh...visions... Well, I had really grandiose plans for my place at the beginning, but due to limiting factors such as space constraints, structural conditions and position of pipes, wires etc & of course BUDGET, I had to keep re-calibrating as the reno moved along. For example, I planned on much more elaborate carpentry work and customised chairs (you can see the pictures in my initial mood board), but I chickened out big time in the end as I just didn't have faith in the carpenter that my ID had sub-contracted. About colors: I guess I've always been experimental with texture and color, so it kinda flowed over to the home... :) What about you? hey!! You need to update your blog, girl - I'm waiting for your mood boards!

Anywhoo, looks can be deceiving - I run a mini zoo in my house.. Just some of my other "tenants":

I would really love to see what your original plans would have turned out to be! I have many ideas of my own that were never fulfilled as well..I keep telling myself nevermind, next house, next house :) RE the colours: It reminds me of one of those art galleries at the duxton hill / keong saik area. Or like the interior of a boutique marketing agency :) To be honest I had my doubts initially about how everything was going to come together. But wow, your last few shots totally cleared all of them. Good job :jammin: And your 'tenants' are so cute!! Dies of all that cuteness. But I'm curious too, wouldn't they get into fights? Or you have to let them out at separate times?

And lastly, thanks for your support! I initially planned to blog real time but I sorely underestimated the amount of work and planning needed from me behind the scenes...NO TIME TO BLOG :~

Hey owlNbear, Let me intro you to my canine family. :thumbs up:

That big girl is our Singapore Special mongrel and was rescue from the restaurant Otto located at the red dot building. That's why after we rescue here, she is named otto.. haha.. so not creative right?

The white one, Brownie ( don't know why brownie when he is white) is a recent rescue as abandoned by previous owner and was send to AVA. You know the fate that looms over their heads if they are not adopted right so I thought will rescue and re-home later but turned out he is very insecure and bite like crazy and we have been trying to re-train him but seems like he is going to be adopted by us.

And the oldest is Milo, the Kings Charles cavalier, also an adopted case when given up at 6 years old. Pedigree with birth cert from Australia and feel sad for them when they get given up by their families.

Art, they were not looking for noms noms.. they were all waiting to wake me up! LOL

Before getting side-track, I really like the colors combi about your place. Has a "je na sais quoi" feel. and your tenants are super cute especially the last one - a guinea pig? But dunno why I am really afraid of their tails.

Very interesting backgrounds they have, and all the more meaningful it becomes :) Glad to see them all in good hands :thumbs up: But then, it's very sad to hear about their plight also. It seems like dogs have it so much tougher than cats, huh :( There aren't any dogs around my area (and I rarely see them outside anymore!), but the kitties here are very well taken care of by our kind-hearted neighbors. I hear from the cat feeders that someone even brings them to the vet every once in awhile!

Edited by owlNbear

owlNbear, the Singapore Special mongrels have it much harder than cats as people are afraid of their size and looks so tends to call in to AVA with complains to have them trap and cull eventually if no dog shelters step forward to help. I work with 1 shelter who is dedicated to saving only mongrels but on some days I feel demoralized that for 1 dog saved, so many more have died. But nowadays we see many dog lovers adopting the strays and the puppy mill old dogs so that is a positive sign :sport-smiley-018:

Now the situation is worse because even pedigrees are being abandoned. People should just stop buying puppies looking so cute because it is easily a 10- 18 years responsibility.

DON'T BUY, ADOPT that's all I have to say.

Art, sorry for hijacking the thread!

I would really love to see what your original plans would have turned out to be! I have many ideas of my own that were never fulfilled as well..I keep telling myself nevermind, next house, next house :) RE the colours: It reminds me of one of those art galleries at the duxton hill / keong saik area. Or like the interior of a boutique marketing agency :) To be honest I had my doubts initially about how everything was going to come together. But wow, your last few shots totally cleared all of them. Good job :jammin: And your 'tenants' are so cute!! Dies of all that cuteness. But I'm curious too, wouldn't they get into fights? Or you have to let them out at separate times?

And lastly, thanks for your support! I initially planned to blog real time but I sorely underestimated the amount of work and planning needed from me behind the scenes...NO TIME TO BLOG :~

Very interesting backgrounds they have, and all the more meaningful it becomes :) Glad to see them all in good hands :thumbs up: But then, it's very sad to hear about their plight also. It seems like dogs have it so much tougher than cats, huh :( There aren't any dogs around my area (and I rarely see them outside anymore!), but the kitties here are very well taken care of by our kind-hearted neighbors. I hear from the cat feeders that someone even brings them to the vet every once in awhile!

A lot has to do with the mentality of our people... we are such a long, long way from the Swiss & Austrians in terms of animal welfare standards.

TOTALLY agree with Lux that people need to be more open-minded and consider adoption as the first choice, but it won't be easy getting them to do THAT, as long as pet shops keep bringing in and breeders keep churning out cute puppies/ kittens..

Also...If only HDB can come up with something to allow mutts to live with their adoptive owners if they fulfill certain criteria regardless of size... :(

For me, many things are beyond my control, but I can do my bit to help out whenever I can. I think that's good enough for me. (We really need to stop hijacking art's thread :P)

Any new progress with the 80's house? :)