Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SaltedCaramel

House By The Reservoir

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice colours for carpentry! Can't wait to see the books on those shelves. Oh by the way, are the curtains up before or after chemical wash? Or doesn't matter?

Thanks Sunnydays7777! My curtains were up after the chemical wash. I think it should be up after chemical wash though I am not too sure.

Whats the area behind the craft brick wall? Study room I suppose. Looks great behind the wall and well done.

Yea, it's the study room. Glad we hacked the wall and replaced with glass panels cause it makes the whole house looks much bigger. :D

Kitchen

Our kitchen is pretty small so no island for us :(. If the kitchen is big enough, I would love to have 2 rows of cabinets with an island in the middle.

Different views of our kitchen cabinet

gallery_70450_837_32064.jpg

gallery_70450_837_181.jpg

gallery_70450_837_6267.jpg

Full view of our L-shaped kitchen cabinet with Black Galaxy granite top, white subway tiles backsplash, black kitchen sink, black tempered glass hob, stainless steel chimney hood and built-in oven.

gallery_70450_837_6988.jpg

Sighhh… we wish we have chosen a white countertop. We think it will look nicer and make the kitchen looks brighter. :dunno:

Close up view of our black kitchen sink from Blanco.

gallery_70450_837_3939.jpg

As our kitchen is small, we chose a tall and slim fridge. The dimensions of our Hitachi fridge are only: 1,816mm (H) x 590mm (W) x 630mm (D). Would love a side by side fridge but our kitchen is too small for it.

gallery_70450_837_13052.jpg

Study Room

We hacked the walls of the study room and replaced it with aluminium framed glass panels. e adore the aluminium framed glass panels! :wub:

Our house looks much bigger and brighter with the glass panels.

View of the study room from the dining area

gallery_70450_8_7963.jpg

View of the dining area from the study room

gallery_70450_8_10214.jpg

The carpentry we did for the study room - wardrobe, study table, book shelves and bay window settee-cum-storage

gallery_70450_8_13817.jpg

The storage space of the bay window settee

gallery_70450_8_16029.jpg

We installed Venetian blinds at the study room

gallery_70450_8_39667.jpg

Is there any reason why the sink is not directly under your dish rack?

You would need some elbow room while washing and it is easier to keep the plates right above you then stretching your arms to the left to do so, dripping water in the process.

I know you can enjoy the view while washing the dishes at the current sink position, but I go for practicality.

(Sorry if the comments sound harsh and no ill intention - just sharing)

You have such a pretty home! Every part of it, including the kitchen! :)

So glad to finally see your bookshelves, fellow bookworm! :)

Thanks Peachydurians! You have very good memory - still can remember that I like to read :thumbs up:

Is there any reason why the sink is not directly under your dish rack?

You would need some elbow room while washing and it is easier to keep the plates right above you then stretching your arms to the left to do so, dripping water in the process.

I know you can enjoy the view while washing the dishes at the current sink position, but I go for practicality.

(Sorry if the comments sound harsh and no ill intention - just sharing)

It is that way so i can say hello to my neighbour when washing the dishes. Just kidding! We didnt place the sink directly under the dish rack because it will be too close to the hob. Our kitchen is L shaped. We want the sink and hob to be on one side as we want the other side to be clear countertop space.

I have a L shape kitchen too and the hob and sink are at different side.

Most important is to enjoy the new house. Cheers!

Actually, the original position of the hob and sink were at different side but I moved the hob next to the sink. I am thinking of picking up baking so I thought the clear countertop space at the other side will be useful.

Yea, nothing beats the feeling of coming back to your own home!!