Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Haha!

I use a Desigual blanket/throw with plain bedsheet on warmer months, and quilt on a cooler month like now, the quilt and four pillows cover up more than 80% of the bed.

hehe, than the bed frame no longer so important liao right?

but more pillow need to move pillows before go to bed :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hehe, than the bed frame no longer so important liao right?

but more pillow need to move pillows before go to bed :P

Haha ya lor. Are you considering keeping the existing divan box? Maybe can consider changing the legs to make it look prettier

http://www.prettypegs.com/us/

Edited by sarah833

Make sure get one that will not creak and creak

That is for sure, if that happen I will throw the bed out!!!

Haha ya lor. Are you considering keeping the existing divan box? Maybe can consider changing the legs to make it look prettier

http://www.prettypegs.com/us/

Not going to keep this divan, got some water damage that time because of my rental unit air-con leak.

But thank you sarah for giving the website, the legs some of them are really kinda cute.

Day 70 - Weekend Update

I think the renovation is going to end very soon (I think), but up till now my shopping still yet to complete.

I don't know why I am never a fast hand fast leg kind.

As for the house, lots of things is done.

1. Quartz Counter Top and backsplash, installed

2. All lights installed

3. Bosch oven, delivered and installed

4. Teka Hob, delivered and installed

5. Vanity Mirror, backsplash installed

6. UniArm installed

7. Power plugs, installed

I went over after my dinner to check out the unit with all the lights on (been a week since I last went), so here is some of the photo.

Living / Dining Room

EDBCD69A-6A43-4816-93E9-EFAE3F17BE5B_zps

Master Bed Room with lots of power plug (all the room power plug are universal)

C404755D-940F-4C9F-8499-8EF2AB371403_zps

Walk in Cabinate and Dry Vanity Area

A80FA2B9-7FCA-4A41-8DF8-00D62AAB8B38_zps

Kithchen

380B7531-243F-4596-948A-4D254D98420E_zps

• Like 1

Day 70 - Shopping Update

This weekend I also did some shopping, as much as I still not get my bed frame. ><"

But I still manage to get a few things done.

1. Finally make the decision to go for a 55" Full HD TV, because with a super good price so I go for the Sony KDL55W800c

Sony-KDL55W800C.jpg

2. Ordered the side table for the living room (but need to wait up to 16 weeks )

3308d96ba7d8a8e5e558d4c2d30f5ad1.jpg

3. Ordered the armchair with ottoman

hailoungeottoman_black_1130x559_3472_102

4.Bamboo ladder for my dry vanity area (to hang my cloths that I wanted to wear for more than 1 time)

SS_BAO_Black_DSC_5867_large.jpg?v=144299

on top of that, I also shortlisted one bed frame I saw at Harvey Normal,

B106474E-3A30-4A27-82B6-C3582E7CE488_zps

70C1BD10-FC78-4FDF-BDBF-7B4D8E1FEB93_zps

I like the Hai armchair and the grand entrance to the walkin cabinet and vanity area! Look awesome for a bachelor pad!

The TV I bought a year ago is the older Sony Bravia 46" full HDTV KDLW46954A. I hooked it up to a mac mini and a Danish brand Airplay speaker Libratone Loop I looted for less than half the retail price here from Amazon during Black Friday sales last year, with free global shipping: )

Bro, I re-read your blog... really coming along very nicely.. waiting for your final product 👏

One question: the open net thingy is alr installed but I have changed placement of tv at the other side of the room. Do i need to change the location of open net box?

Hoot hoot! So exciting to reach this stage because every like design and colours are coming to life instead of just seeing it in our head.

This 3rd bed gets a vote from me and I think it will overall go with your interior design.

Did you paint any other colours besides the grey at the small corner ?

Show more photos of your beautiful kitchen because it looks really cool and I love black .

Edited by Luxexplorer

I like the Hai armchair and the grand entrance to the walkin cabinet and vanity area! Look awesome for a bachelor pad!

The TV I bought a year ago is the older Sony Bravia 46" full HDTV KDLW46954A. I hooked it up to a mac mini and a Danish brand Airplay speaker Libratone Loop I looted for less than half the retail price here from Amazon during Black Friday sales last year, with free global shipping: )

I love that Hai armchair as well, sit liao don't want to get up, how I wish I have a bell and ring for a butler :notti::notti: (like my house very big like that)

It is a very good idea to use Mac Mini to work as an entertainment hub, maybe I can think of you later stage or few years after I move in (because I will be super broke)

but I will hook up Apple TV for my movie and Netflix.

Love Libratone design, but didn't try the sound before only see it at Apple online store last time,

I wanted to get a speaker for my room, been trying lots of speaker (B&W, Bose, B&O, SONOS, Naim Muso) but my heart tell me I should go for Linn Kiko, but the price is no way I can afford. hahaha

Bro, I re-read your blog... really coming along very nicely.. waiting for your final product

One question: the open net thingy is alr installed but I have changed placement of tv at the other side of the room. Do i need to change the location of open net box?

Lazyfatcat, thanks for the compliment and acknowledge. hehe.

For the open net point, it really need to see what you trying to achieve, if you don't mind that location because it will be where your modem, router located.

So there are few things you have to consider,

1. Are you going to use Singtel MIO TV? If yes and if I not wrong the set up box need to be connect to the network via cable (so it will be good for you to relocated the ONT near your new TV console area)

2. Is there a power point near by the current location? Because Modem, Router all need to power up.

3. Do you have or plan a furniture to place the router and modem?

I think this is what you need to consider, I place the ONT in the store room just that I find it will be more less messy and I will have network point in area I think I need to have internet.

But again to relocate the ONT will cost you few min few hundred (less than 300 I think), but if you feel that is look nicer to place your router at your TV console that you should move it, and again with all the streaming service these day and internet TV, by doing direct connection the internet speed is always faster than WIFI connection.

This is my 2 cents lah, if anyone here are better in network please jump in and give Lazyfatcat advice ya. Thanks thanks !!

Edited by nextstep

Hoot hoot! So exciting to reach this stage because every like design and colours are coming to life instead of just seeing it in our head.

This 3rd bed gets a vote from me and I think it will overall go with your interior design.

Did you paint any other colours besides the grey at the small corner ?

Show more photos of your beautiful kitchen because it looks really cool and I love black .

Yes super excited, but again need to keep my finger cross wish there is no boo boo happen.

Ya I think the 3rd bed work well with the house and also not metal, but again I yet to see the one from Grafunkt, need to find time go down to the store at Tai Seng (yes Tai Seng again!!! I don't know how many times I been there liao.)

The whole house is going to be white (I am a white wall person and no future wall in the house, lolz)

The small corner is going to be my dry pantry for my coffee machine and wine rack.

I will try to snap more photo and show you if I went over the place again.

How's your coming along? Any update?

Nextstep, thanks for the detailed explanation!!! Open net should include this in their website!

Lazyfatcat, thanks for the compliment and acknowledge. hehe.

For the open net point, it really need to see what you trying to achieve, if you don't mind that location because it will be where your modem, router located.

So there are few things you have to consider,

1. Are you going to use Singtel MIO TV? If yes and if I not wrong the set up box need to be connect to the network via cable (so it will be good for you to relocated the ONT near your new TV console area)

2. Is there a power point near by the current location? Because Modem, Router all need to power up.

3. Do you have or plan a furniture to place the router and modem?

I think this is what you need to consider, I place the ONT in the store room just that I find it will be more less messy and I will have network point in area I think I need to have internet.

But again to relocate the ONT will cost you few min few hundred (less than 300 I think), but if you feel that is look nicer to place your router at your TV console that you should move it, and again with all the streaming service these day and internet TV, by doing direct connection the internet speed is always faster than WIFI connection.

This is my 2 cents lah, if anyone here are better in network please jump in and give Lazyfatcat advice ya. Thanks thanks !!

Bro your place rly very nice. I need to say it twice.

I think worth every penny you spend on it.

The view with the door, wardrobes and the vanity really is Pinterest-worthy!