Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Why don't you talk to your ID about it? If you keep thinking about it means you liked it! I am not sure what your other furniture in the room may be. If everything is metal, maybe too much of it? I am not an expert but just my own thoughts. Some times different materials may make the room stand out more. Talk to your ID, see if you can play around with the different materials.

I have to agree with that, but again I wish to have some wood tone in my room.

This is why I keep thinking about it. 好煩啊!!!!

Edited by kaisermisaki

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Find a black wooden frame !

But it's true if you keep thinking about it then just buy it.. my bedroom is also mix matched ..lol and in all honesty after you have move in for a while, it will not be noticed anymore

I have a theme or should i say I Had a theme, but have already drifted far far away so now I buy thing based on looks/ colours / practicality

Edited by Luxexplorer

Haha yes bro, buy according to what you like.

I also agree with Lux, over time I picked what keeps coming to mind - just buy if not it will keep bugging me!! Haha.

For eg my office chair, I found the prettiest one at Taylor B, end up I'm too short for my table, had to buy a not-so-pretty office chair. Funny thing is that chair was what I wanted initially then gave up on it. Lol.

So what your heart desires is sometimes the right thing!!

Go with a wooden bed with metal legs? :P Sometimes just need to go with instincts..

hehehe, not a bad idea. My ID did give me an option of the wooden bed with metal legs, but I don't like the bed hahaha.

Why don't you talk to your ID about it? If you keep thinking about it means you liked it! I am not sure what your other furniture in the room may be. If everything is metal, maybe too much of it? I am not an expert but just my own thoughts. Some times different materials may make the room stand out more. Talk to your ID, see if you can play around with the different materials.

Actually I kinda aim for the wooden bed before I talk to my ID, after the chat and we go for shopping, this is what happen.

He show me the metal bed frame, so become a problem for me.

He suggested that a metal will fit the mood of my room better, so I am sitting on the fence and will try to make decision soon.

Find a black wooden frame !

But it's true if you keep thinking about it then just buy it.. my bedroom is also mix matched ..lol and in all honesty after you have move in for a while, it will not be noticed anymore

I have a theme or should i say I Had a theme, but have already drifted far far away so now I buy thing based on looks/ colours / practicality

hehe, that is a very good idea. Thanks for the advice Luxe , be frank both I like that is why I put up the question and get advice from all of my Kakis here.

So what I will do is I will go down to take a look of the bed this weekend and maybe I can make a decision by than.

But you are right also, after a while u will not notice it that you have a mix match item in the area.

Edited by nextstep

true that, mattress can always change. But I like a thicker mattress. (because I very fat) :P

I went to your pinterest to take a look, without a designer your house looks so good, you very talented lor

I am really thankful that you spend ur time and give me your advice here Sarah.

Haha OK. Then choose a bed frame that goes well with a thick mattress :).

Thanks for your kind words. My old place was a 90sqm walkup apt with high ceilings, I gave my ID friend a free hand to design the apt with small input like I want a long bathtub and a separate shower area, and open concept kitchen. She configured the space into a one bedroom apartment in contemporary/loft style with cement screed walls at the dining area and big open space with glass divider and glass door between the bedroom and the living room, dining area and kitchen. Love it but my taste changed a little over the years and I am into old and new things, and colors now. I like a bit of everything with a soft spot for Scandinavian design, having worked for a Swedish company for 10 years with frequent trips to the Southern part of Sweden that is a short ferry+train ride away from Copenhagen. A German friend described my place as modern French + Scandinavian? a Singaporean called it eclectic. I just called it rojak :)

Hey nextstep! I personally like the structure of the wooden bed frame better but agree with the rest that the black one looks more comfy and suits your theme better...if you still have time, maybe can look around more? Maybe you'll find something that combines the best of both elements :notti:

Haha OK. Then choose a bed frame that goes well with a thick mattress :).

Thanks for your kind words. My old place was a 90sqm walkup apt with high ceilings, I gave my ID friend a free hand to design the apt with small input like I want a long bathtub and a separate shower area, and open concept kitchen. She configured the space into a one bedroom apartment in contemporary/loft style with cement screed walls at the dining area and big open space with glass divider and glass door between the bedroom and the living room, dining area and kitchen. Love it but my taste changed a little over the years and I am into old and new things, and colors now. I like a bit of everything with a soft spot for Scandinavian design, having worked for a Swedish company for 10 years with frequent trips to the Southern part of Sweden that is a short ferry+train ride away from Copenhagen. A German friend described my place as modern French + Scandinavian? a Singaporean called it eclectic. I just called it rojak :)

I think I will, I got my current mattress measured and it is 33cm, I think is not that think right?

I true I think our taste for things will change when over the years, that is one of the reason I go for cement screed for the floor in the house,

So that I will be able to change to solid wood flooring in the future without any hacking. (not too sure will that works)

Actually my house don't really have a fixed theme, my ID just go with what I like and what I don't on the mood board I share with them. So mine also can say is rojak, but as long as we feel comfortable in it in the end will be the most important.

Hey nextstep! I personally like the structure of the wooden bed frame better but agree with the rest that the black one looks more comfy and suits your theme better...if you still have time, maybe can look around more? Maybe you'll find something that combines the best of both elements :notti:

Yes the wooden is teak wood so it is very solid and this is one of the reason I love it.

I do have some time because I only plan to move in (if possible before CNY) if not by end of Feb.

I been for many places but nothing come across things that I like. Anyone who can suggest where should I go?

This is the list of places I had been, maybe some I need to revisit.

1. Crete and Barrel
  2. The Original
  3. Pomelo Home
  4. Journey East
  5. ikea
  6. Grafunkt
  7. boconcept
  8. COMMUNE
  9. air
  10. The ShopHouse
  11. Comfort Design
  12. Danish Design
  13. Picket & Rail

Yes the wooden is teak wood so it is very solid and this is one of the reason I love it.

I do have some time because I only plan to move in (if possible before CNY) if not by end of Feb.

I been for many places but nothing come across things that I like. Anyone who can suggest where should I go?

This is the list of places I had been, maybe some I need to revisit.

• Crete and Barrel
  • The Original
  • Pomelo Home
  • Journey East
  • ikea
  • Grafunkt
  • boconcept
  • COMMUNE
  • air
  • The ShopHouse
  • Comfort Design
  • Danish Design
  • Picket & Rail

We actually got ours from Hommage Lifestyle at Jalan Pemimpin. The sales person Eric is super friendly and patient. Most importantly, he's not pushy and knows his products speak for themselves! While the showroom has limited range, you can always order from catalogue too. Can try taking a look there?

If you like teak, go Tan Boon Liat, there'S a lot of shops doing teak furniture..

We actually got ours from Hommage Lifestyle at Jalan Pemimpin. The sales person Eric is super friendly and patient. Most importantly, he's not pushy and knows his products speak for themselves! While the showroom has limited range, you can always order from catalogue too. Can try taking a look there?

Out of the 2, I vote for 2nd one :)

Or maybe can look for something in between? Wooden frame but with cushion headboard. More friendly for your head when you wanna rest on it to watch TV / read books / daydream :D

A cushioned headboard more friendly for the back to rest on but might not be so wallet friendly in the long run due to wear and tear :) I use a firm pillow as back rest when I sit on the bed, and a thin one when I sleep.

Hi Nextstep,

some bedframes come with an adjustable bed slat to cater for different height mattresses, check out those if height of the existing mattress is a concern?

Another element to consider is are you a blanket or quilt person? If you are a quilt person the tailboard and side of the bedframe will likely be covered by the quilt when you tidy up your bed, so only you know the beauty hidden underneath the quilt:) and which side of the bed is facing the entrance ? Mine the side of the bed is facing the double-door entrance and I find it a pity to hide the wood frame under the quilt cover: ) These are the reasons why I changed out my old thick mattress and use a blanket on warmer months (I rarely sleep with air con on )

Edited by sarah833

thanks jobb, I will check it out, google them 1st!

If you like teak, go Tan Boon Liat, there'S a lot of shops doing teak furniture..

I been there Lazyfatcat, but their furniture not really mine style.

Out of the 2, I vote for 2nd one :)

Or maybe can look for something in between? Wooden frame but with cushion headboard. More friendly for your head when you wanna rest on it to watch TV / read books / daydream :D

with this out I decided to have no TV in my room, so I only can day dreaming or read in my room. When got TV I always sleep super late.

Ya maybe this is what I am thinking or maybe I will just go with Divan, been using that for years, only this house I want to go back to bed frame

Edited by nextstep

A cushioned headboard more friendly for the back to rest on but might not be so wallet friendly in the long run due to wear and tear :) I use a firm pillow as back rest when I sit on the bed, and a thin one when I sleep.

Hi Nextstep,

some bedframes come with an adjustable bed slat to cater for different height mattresses, check out those if height of the existing mattress is a concern?

Another element to consider is are you a blanket or quilt person? If you are a quilt person the tailboard and side of the bedframe will likely be covered by the quilt when you tidy up your bed, so only you know the beauty hidden underneath the quilt:) and which side of the bed is facing the entrance ? Mine the side of the bed is facing the double-door entrance and I find it a pity to hide the wood frame under the quilt cover: ) These are the reasons why I changed out my old thick mattress and use a blanket on warmer months (I rarely sleep with air con on )

The site of my bed frame will be facing the door, and I love to use quilt, so most of the time about 1/3 of the bed will be cover by it, so in the end it doesn't really matters which frame I am going for. hahaha thanks for pointing it out.

Haha!

I use a Desigual blanket/throw with plain bedsheet on warmer months, and quilt on a cooler month like now, the quilt and four pillows cover up more than 80% of the bed.