Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cch93624

Our Punggol Scandi Home

Hello fellow 3D conceptwerke renovee :) just want to say Hello! Might have seen you in the 24 Eng Hoon Road office. I'm halfway done! So far service has been good and the experience enjoyable!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wish i could say the same :s

Reno since may :P

All the best for your Reno ;) wish you all the best!!

Wow...May until now in September still not done?

That is long. Actually for mine if without the long wait for the cement screening from HDB (and that I do not want to pay ang pao money), and a few days needed for cement screed to settle, it's proceeding pretty fast - around 4.5 weeks.

But I know a friend in the area that wins hands down. He got BSC guys to do part of the renovation - didn't know hacking and replacing tiles etc can be done in one day. I guess a nice ang pao can gather all the troops to do it pretty quickly. The price paid was cheaper than going to contractor direct!

Another businessman friend I know splurged on a huge 2 storey house but gathered all the professional foreign workers to come by every sunday to earn pocket money - from building brick walls, tiling, painting etc to "borrowing leftover materials" from other projects. Saved him a fortune as the size of his property will just make him vulnerable to become a big "carrot" to contractors or ID alike.

For me I think I paid too much but telling myself I am getting good service and an objective opinion (with good taste) to settle design disputes with my wife. Moreover my wife does not really speak English or Mandarin so I needed someone patient enough (unlike me) to keep things happy and shiny. It is not easy when my wife wants something totally different from me.

It's Friday...yeah!! Tomorrow can go shop for stuff for my new house!! :jammin::good:

But before that I would like to share with everyone my first draft 3D rendering...hot from oven...just received it from my ID this morning.

Living room

gallery_59073_8_70534.jpg

View from another angle

gallery_59073_8_2685.jpg

Instead of brick wall, we follow our ID recommendation to go for Stucco wall. It look more like a wallpaper in 3D rendering...hopefully the real thing will look better. The flooring is suppose to be glazed instead of matt, as provided by HDB. We do not want to spend money to overlay the flooring as the flooring cost is already included in our housing price. Wasted sia...

We are actually looking for curtain instead of blind. From my past experience, blind is very difficult to maintain...**** lot of job to keep it clean... :~

MBR

gallery_59073_7_69346.jpg

We like the design of the wardrobe door...it really give us the Scandi feel. But for the color of the wall, I'm a bit reserve on grey color. My wife like it a lot, but I prefer brighter color. I always think that deep color in bedroom will make me feel down and depress :P

What do you guys think? Deep color or bright color??

Kitchen

gallery_59073_7_64632.jpg

I must say kitchen design is closest to what we have in mind. We like it a lot, especially on the kompac plus table top, it just look fantastic, isn't it?

But track light in kitchen may not be a good idea, it will be very difficult to keep it clean. I do not want to climb the ladder and clean the oil stain on it every single month... :blink:

In short, these 3D rendering is 70% close to what we have discussed with our ID earlier. Is it common to have first draft that is so different from what you want?

Anyway, my ID said that he will discuss with his drafter to change some of the things and send us another version.

The scale looks a bit off. I mean the living room looks really huge and the kitchen seems longer than it actually is. Unless, your flat is really that big

It's Waterway Woodcress. Yup, my unit has a good view of waterway... :D

Hello fellow woodcress neighbour! Have you collected your keys yet? You started planning so early, I just started looking around in October and getting keys in a couple of weeks (YAYYY! :dancingqueen:)

It's always difficult to kick-start with work after long weekend...but I still manage to survive the difficult day haha :D

Back to the topic, me and my wife have went through this forum and have approached those recommended ID by our forumers, and I would like to summarize our view on each of them.

1.) Thomas-Living Art Design

Pros: Such a friendly and proactive guy. We went down to his showroom @ Toa Payoh, and have a lenghty discussion on the concept and design. He was willing to share a lot of his experiences and tips on renovation.

Cons: We think he doesn't have much experience is Scandi theme, and also not very creative in terms of design idea.

2.) Ken Lee-Summtt Design Studio

Pros: He has more design ideas than Thomas, and also shown us some previous design that he did with Scandi theme. But we think they are more like Modern Scandi rather than traditional Scandi.

Cons: He was late for our meeting, and never really did homework before our meeting. The most important thing was we can't really 'click' with him.

3.) Min Hao-Posh Home Design

Recommended by LeonJennaWong. But Calvin was not available (apparently too many business becos of recommendation of LeonJennaWong), and referred us to Min Hao.

Pros: Very creative and design oriented, he also introduce to us some new material like kompacplus and glass fibre tile. He also talked quite soft and slow, I suppose that was act of confidence? He also mentioned that he only take up max 3 projects at the same time, so that he could focus on each projects.

Cons: His quotation is on the high side, and also come with GST. GST is something that we would like to avoid, hence we dropped him eventually.

4.) Julianna-NID Design Studio

Pros: Very friendly person and very nice to talk with.

Cons: More on modern contemporary theme rather than Scandi theme, not much design ideas.

5.) Wilson-De Style

The worst among all the IDs, as he never show off for the meeting!! :angry2:

We tried to call his mobile but couldn't even get through, and we tried to call his office, his colleague just said would try to cal him. At the end, no news at all!! Not even a 'sorry' from either the ID or their staff. Very UNPROFESSIONAL firm. :no:

That's it for the night...TBC...

HI,

I am surprised that Posh Home do have GST. They told me they dun have GST. Anyway, i am quite pissed with Posh Home too as they keep on flipping their words here and there.