Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Eggy

High Gloss Laminate And Matte Laminate

Hi, need urgent advice!

1) I have used red high gloss laminate for my kitchen cabinets and the finishing seems very uneven. According to my ID, the reason is because plywood's surface is very uneven unlike MDF board, so when the laminate goes over it, it will look uneven and bumpy too. Since my cabinets are high gloss, the uneven-ness is aggravated. Can anyone advise if what my ID said is true????

2) I'm also using black high gloss for my tv feature wall at LR. And i noticed that there is a very obvious joint line...reason the carpenter gave was because laminate doesn't come in such a big piece, max is only 48cm whereas mine is 50cm so what they did was to get two laminates and paste them together, that's why can see the joint line....is that the case?!?!

Can anyone advise me on these 2 issues?? Abit upset with the way the laminates are being done.... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, need urgent advice!

1) I have used red high gloss laminate for my kitchen cabinets and the finishing seems very uneven. According to my ID, the reason is because plywood's surface is very uneven unlike MDF board, so when the laminate goes over it, it will look uneven and bumpy too. Since my cabinets are high gloss, the uneven-ness is aggravated. Can anyone advise if what my ID said is true????

2) I'm also using black high gloss for my tv feature wall at LR. And i noticed that there is a very obvious joint line...reason the carpenter gave was because laminate doesn't come in such a big piece, max is only 48cm whereas mine is 50cm so what they did was to get two laminates and paste them together, that's why can see the joint line....is that the case?!?!

Can anyone advise me on these 2 issues?? Abit upset with the way the laminates are being done.... :)

IMHO

1) Good quality plywood usually will have less uneven surface...... plywood come in 1.22m x 2.44m per piece before fabrication. If the plywood cut to cabinet door size which is much much smaller than the plywood full size, logically the uneveness should not be so much obvious, unless the plywood quality is really really bad or they didn't do good in laminating

2) Usually the laminate material come in standard size 1.2 x 2.4 meter

IMHO

1) Good quality plywood usually will have less uneven surface...... plywood come in 1.22m x 2.44m per piece before fabrication. If the plywood cut to cabinet door size which is much much smaller than the plywood full size, logically the uneveness should not be so much obvious, unless the plywood quality is really really bad or they didn't do good in laminating

2) Usually the laminate material come in standard size 1.2 x 2.4 meter

Hmm.....thanks a lot for the info.....think I have to go back and ask my ID already...

Hi, need urgent advice!

Can anyone advise me on these 2 issues?? Abit upset with the way the laminates are being done.... :dancingqueen:

Alo..

My TV feature wall is also black hi gloss laminate. Although there is no joint line, my ID suggested putting stainless steel line to give it a more defined look so it doesn't look like just a black wall.

Perhaps you can ask ur ID to add the stainless steel line to hide the joint lines , theres less work and fuss as well. There's a look at my TV Feature wall.

:bangwall:

featurewallcs4.th.jpg

Alo..

My TV feature wall is also black hi gloss laminate. Although there is no joint line, my ID suggested putting stainless steel line to give it a more defined look so it doesn't look like just a black wall.

Perhaps you can ask ur ID to add the stainless steel line to hide the joint lines , theres less work and fuss as well. There's a look at my TV Feature wall.

:bangwall:

featurewallcs4.th.jpg

Hi clockwork, thanks! Haven't thought of using stainless steel before! Your feature wall looks great! My ID suggested using mirror, but i think stainless steel looks cool as well! Do you mind if I forward this pic to my ID to show him?

Hi clockwork, thanks! Haven't thought of using stainless steel before! Your feature wall looks great! My ID suggested using mirror, but i think stainless steel looks cool as well! Do you mind if I forward this pic to my ID to show him?

No problem.Hope it helps.

Good luck :):notti: