Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rose38

My Second Home

The toilet floors for both toilets are up today. We opted for a drop-down at the shower area, instead of a kerb and I thought it turned out really nice.

87A53E18-AD59-45F0-B843-CBBFFCB94DF1_zps

Edited by Rose38

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Was shopping around and chanced upon this wall light which I thought is pretty suitable to put above the mirror in the bathroom. Listed $168. Then sales lady said comes with 30% disc. While we still haggling she found out only this piece display set left. I just pluck a price out of thin air and offer $50. And I got it lol.

This proves how much lighting prices are inflated in Singapore.

It may be the last and display piece but I bet the shop rather keep it than selling at below cost.

Check closely, may state made in China.

This proves how much lighting prices are inflated in Singapore.

It may be the last and display piece but I bet the shop rather keep it than selling at below cost.

Check closely, may state made in China.

Couldn't agree more, insider tells me profit margin for lights and fans is like 5 times. More for lights than fans. Cos lights are really simple, no motor no moving parts.

I read your haul from TB, simply fascinating!

The shelves in the shower area are up. These are done using the same marble tiles. I didn't want to buy off the shelf shelves which require drilling to fix up and may rust over time.

4972FAA5-BF39-42D0-9AE2-9DA97852696C_zps

Workers have started work on my vanity top. It will be tile up using the same floor tiles. Kinda excited as they are completely my own design, in terms of tile selection, placement, size etc.

8775E79A-819D-4167-A121-169B61EDCEEF_zps

Edited by Rose38

More updates on the 2 toilets. Most things are up, just pending tempered glass shower screen and mirrors and the lights.

Common

55D646EC-A588-4E88-93F7-6CDCFBBC60F6_zps

147E66AE-7837-4D6F-BB14-B21CAF9E1181_zps

Mbr

30F20C9B-9DCC-42FA-8734-C761F448E3B2_zps

6242C4A1-E6FB-455E-AC57-F105FA845C61_zps

Edited by Rose38

Paintwork is done and we are pretty happy with the choices.

Bright steel and lily white for mbr

93449006-E4C7-4FF2-A271-D83CA18FEE00_zps

Jewel blue for the boys room.

3E4982AD-130C-43D9-BDE7-56A12C9FCADD_zps

Persian silk for my girl

C2E1813B-0B7D-490A-B710-804437E500E6_zps

Bise and lily white for living.

206E9FDF-CAC7-4F60-95DB-4C506C06D3A4_zps

I recently bought mirror cabinets from heritage at geylang. Their price is the lowest among a number of stores that I checked. They are even lower than what Royal Fanco quoted me even though I bought a lot from RF previously.

Heritage did not have ready stock and had to place order which I can then collect 1 day later. Then later in the evening I changed my mind about the cabinet size and called them to request for a change. They made the change for me immediately, no question asked. Even though they had to make the same change with their supplier. The sales lady even said I could think over the night and finalized again in the morning. Indeed, the next morning she called on her own to confirm my order one more time. I still managed to collect the mirror cabinets that same day.

So thumbs up for their reasonable price and great service. Even though mine was for a rather small order.

Edited by Rose38

Agree. Those are the two shops I visited too after researching through RT :)

Both give good service with competitive pricing.

• Like 1

My newly polished parquet floor in Matt finish.

8F88F277-0C0F-4FA1-AE7F-649D12DCA171_zps

Looking nice. Can you share with me the parquet size? Is the width 2" or 2.5"? and also thickness?

Hi Aluka, this is 18 year old parquet as I bought an old unit. So I only re polished it.

Edited by Rose38