Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleven

Suggestion Needed :joining Master Room Toilet And Kitchen Toilet

Hi All.

Just got my own flat and need suggestion for my resale 3 room flat. As toilets are very small, i want to demolish the middle wall joining the master room toilet and kitchen toilet to make it into only 1 toilet. However, smack in the middle of the kitchen toilet is a big sewage pipe. one ID i asked said big pipe in the middle is in the way, and will not be able to join the toilets. only suggest to extend toilet into kitchen, which i think looks ugly.

anyone faced this same issue? any ideas?

images below

many thanks

w4hh.jpg

lian.jpg

m0bz.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I ever had the same idea before, but at the end of the day I give up because we seldom spend a long duration of time hanging out in the bath room, we do our business and we get out so I dont think i want to be spending too much money, effort or time into it.

Edited by newlife

Guest Andrew Chan

Hi Sleven, I am also considering the purchase of a similar, old HDB flat with this same issue.

Would appreciate it if you could share what you did in the end?

Thank you!

those that might be able to combine is those very old type. for eg one toilet for shower and the other for doing your business. then you will notice there is no huge pipe in both toilet, only one. not sure if im right or wrong but definitely subjected to approval from HDB :)

You could make pipe the feature of the bathroom. I have seen it done by wrapping rope tightly curled up around the pipe and it has a resort type of feel to it. We thought about it, but decided the cost to knock down the wall and retile, etc wasn't worth it at all. Better to just have two smaller bathrooms!