Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
janesuah

First Home ~ 3 Room Bto: Ideas + Suggestions! :)

Yup can hack those thin wall, no need PE. Mine got approved last week, and is currently under demolition works.

I guess only those thick (bold line) wall cannot be hack or need PE approval.

Edited by janesuah

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think dinning should be **** room as easier access.

The extra room can act as a study room and etc for time being.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah the extra room is actually our dining room + computer room for the time being... shall rearrange it again when we have baby (dunno when....).

Updates for the past 3 weeks: There was a 2wks delay due to our part and hence the demolition works just got completed this week. We also dropped by SBH and White Horse to choose tiles.. I don't think there's any price difference between these 2, and SBH has actually wider range and nicer tiles. We also nearly signed up with Evorich but spotted a nice homogeneous tiles with wood like effect which is within our budget. These solved all our *future* worries for vinyl tiles cos the elders were nagging about the cons of vinyl/laminate. But, I feel that homogeneous woodlike tiles will not feel nice or smooth-looking to walk on... well..shall see about that when the tiles are done.

Using same tile design for the rooms, toilet included.
CYMERA_20140630_141258_zpsc92a429b.jpg
CYMERA_20140630_141157_zps167e8f17.jpg

For toilet: I hope these wall tile goes well with the floor tile, its hard to imagine sometimes.. :dunno:
CYMERA_20140630_141402_zps02cfbb7d.jpg

Demolition works ytd, loading materials today.

I like how it opens up our super small flat and brighten up the corridor area.

day_zps4413571d.jpg

Some purchases from TB, cant wait to start furnishing..
untitled_zps13589b65.jpg

Btw my heart still feel itchy for craftstone brick walls.. especially the red ones in contrast to grey walls.. dilemma~~ :sport-smiley-018:

heya taobao cushion covers, may we have e link please! that mr right ones are sold at comfort furniture but price not nice :S

Some updates:

- Tiles done

- Brick wall done

- Frames and doors up

We gave in to having brick walls, so we DIY them.

Purchased the bricks (colour: California) directly from craftstone, used maxbond glue, newspaper as spacers, and a few casings for holding and straightening.

It was a tedious process, we spent 3 weekends on them. We did not do the recess wall, still considering about it, am afraid it will have a "over-do" feel. If never do, we will be painting that wall dark grey.

Also, we will be doing our own painting, in fact its half way thru, gotta complete it by this weekend for washing and carpentry works!

Any advise what kind of paint and how to paint the HDB wooden door?

Some pics~

Toilet completed a month ago.. I'm glad the colours goes quite well together. Love the wooden effect tiles. Just that there will be gaps in between tiles which I couldn't get used to them the first place, cos have been seeing pics of laminates and HERF while doing research. But now it feels alright to me.

IMG-20140715-WA0003_zps648513d4.jpg

The frames and glass doors were up finally!

We had a bi-fold door in between MBR and 2nd BR. Currently it is see thru glass.

ss_zps8f282abf.jpg

Inside the 2nd BR, lots of black frame.

20140806_214556_zps3099eda8.jpg

And the brick walls, have not put in grout. Some are slanted >.<

IMG-20140728-WA0005_zpsb2552069.jpg

TengLiJun, i tot my layout is the smallest already..lol, how is yours like?

Actually after renovating, I find it look bigger as compared to my first impression of the house.

Btw we have about 8 to 9 ctns craftstone bricks leftover. Colour is in CSI 095 (california). PM me if you're interested :)

Last week progress, still waiting shipment of table top...

And all carpentry works done!

- Bay window with storage :good: we have already dump many things inside to keep the house as neat as possible

- Kitchen cabinets on 1 side, suspended table top on another side (its better and more spacious for couples who don't cook often)

- L-Shape wardrobe (initially was worried about the space issue, but actually its not cramp at all)

- Headboard

3-room kitchen is really small. Had quite alot of placement issues (of electronic items), for eg, the hob, hood and oven gotta be at 1 location, and just too bad theres a recess wall in between!! So my carpenter gotta make a wider table width to fit in all 3. Also, I have a condition to have the sink and hob to be as far apart as possible (chinese beliefs?).

I can only get a vertical 2 ring hob but I guess I cannot fit in 2 (medium) pots cos of the wall behind.

Hob, Hood, Oven all from Turbo.

Downloads_zps53cb5c4c.jpg

From one of the pic you can see the extendable table. Its so small when closed.. but can be extended up to 1.8m after pulling it out and placing 3 table tops on it. Super useful!

And.. a better pic of our DIY hard work..the brickwalls.. still feeling lazy to fill in the grout.

Searchresultsfordownloads_zps8b0b379d.jp

the easily recognizable cabinet from IKEA :jammin:

We got all of our lights from TB, it comes with "edison" bulbs which are really unique but its at 40w! Gotta change the bulbs soon.

Our MBR, hope it still look as spacious after putting in bed.

And the super tall wardrobe cos ours is last floor. I think it should be enough..... :sport-smiley-018:

Searchresultsfordownloads1_zps0f79fd49.j

Now.. pending furniture from fortytwo to be place in once 7th mth is over.....

Hi Blackie, I do not have a ID, the contractor is my dad's close friend. We only show him some drawings and pics :)

No worries, i prefer contractor too. Please pm me.

Thanks

Hi, its about 22k included electrical wiring, tiling, screeding (did not wait for HDB free screeding, they took too long).

My tiles are at S$3.80psf.

* brick wall not included

Blackie: had pm you :)

Not much updates cos still waiting kitchen table top and some misc toilet works. Moving in this weekend!

Retro chair from fortytwo.sg @ S$49.00 each

Sofa will only arrive in oct.

10384745_10152706828651747_3401021760102

Edited by janesuah

• Like 1

Table top finally up!

Still pending some fixtures to be done, pending shower screen and kitchen backing.

I wanted matt black table top but my contractor only has those with little white dots on it. The area look black all the way cos I had chosen a black hob and black sink + tap :P

Also bought a pull out tray which fits perfectly underneath the suspended table top. Got it from courts @ star vista for only S$49.00!

Desktop_zps0ec8cd76.jpg

And the toilet... with mirror storage box and bottom cabinet. Pending toilet glass door. (see how the HDB MBR door intersects with toilet door?!)

I can't have long vanity area due to layout and dont have those hidden lights underneath the covers for piping cos mine is last floor, hence I cant really do much for the toilets :(

Mirror lights from ikea, but got it at the wrong size so could only install above the trunking area.

Desktop1_zps0ce8c371.jpg

More pics of wardrobe:

20140828_213927_zps5bbc94fd.jpg

Edited by janesuah