Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

For the 2 fake walls, if it does not really affect your placing and design I would recommend to keep it too.

As for the fake ceilings, i think you got no choice but to hack it.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Totally understand how you feel. Mine is a re-sale 4 rm too.

So many more stuff to rectify compare to new BTO. I'm so jealous of those who can get BTO. :bleah:

Due to my super small budget, I can only give up on some and live with it for the time being. Bo bian arr~~~ :(

Oh btw, From your quote above, u hack the bathrooms tiles, but after that no need to do water proofing and etc de meh?

Edited by ahhboi

So many more stuff to rectify compare to new BTO. I'm so jealous of those who can get BTO. :bleah:

Due to my super small budget, I can only give up on some and live with it for the time being. Bo bian arr~~~ :(

Oh btw, From your quote above, u hack the bathrooms tiles, but after that no need to do water proofing and etc de meh?

Totally understand the feeling for now.

My budget got a major hit recently due to some stuff and my miscalculation.

Think I will not be doing much too this time.

Must seriously stop myself from coming in to renotalk. See other pple hse **** jealous lol

But at the same time learn quite a lot here too.

Must seriously stop myself from coming in to renotalk. See other pple hse **** jealous lol

I always remind myself not to compare too much. There are always others who have it more worse than you & this type of things cannot compare finish so no point.

Anyway i come here to learn like you said and things to look out for and etc.

Ya, bo bian arh...not going to get loan to do reno...don't feel it's worth it coz it's "depreciating" item...so can only do what I can with the limited budget. :bleah:

Already considered heng liao, COV not too scary and flooring for most of the area can be saved.

water proofing - got arh...the actual full quote is 2 pages long, i just typed out the main items. haha...

Full waterproofing included for all those wet areas - kitchen, service balcony, both bathrooms. I think they have to cement the wall and floor nicely first before they can lay the tiles too.

these 2 days nothing to show coz they cementing smooth those areas hacked. Mom went by Monday to see and there were 2 guys cement screeding the hacked area. They told mom "nothing to see yet, all cement!" :rofl:

Ya...think if you have $X, should work with $X-$Y budget. Something you didn't notice might pop up like mine....windows to replace, fake ceiling end halfway around the room...I dunno what else will crop up.

wahahah...dun compare lah.....different places, different pple, different usage. Everyone has different needs / taste. Small budget is still possible to reno de.

Edited by koori

Hahaha ~

Your mum should tell them that she is there to see they do cementing :P

Mum is familiar with this team of guys. Her kitchen was recently renovated by same contractor with the same team of guys. Haha....that's why the tiling team doing cement screeding was so casual with mom and dare to joke with her.

Damages to the wallet...

Purchased this 42' TV before CNY, even before I got my keys to the unit because the sales guy at Courts said there is a free gift during the period. Had to go all the way to Ubi to get the free gift though. For the time being, it's sitting in my bedroom here at parent's house.

IMG_2035_zps8e54c512.jpg

The free gift in question : Android box...no idea how to use yet, was told can plug this to the TV and use this to download games and videos.

IMG_2036_zps2efaba07.jpg

Edited by koori

More pictures~ went to take a look after work today.

Scared the tiler out of his wits...hahahha....I know someone was still inside the unit as I heard the radio on...before I can go hunting where the worker is, he walked out of the master bedroom and saw me standing in the living room. :rofl:

Kitchen, partially done. Edges not finished, grouting not done yet ~

IMG_2040_zps18118b4d.jpg

IMG_2041_zps0ccb032f.jpg

Master bathroom pictures....More half-done walls. Apparently, my first choice tiles were available... :dancingqueen:

IMG_2042_zps88eb0832.jpg

There is one strange pipe coming out of the wall at an angle..probably about 30(?) degree slant...didn't notice this one at all previously...heh...it's obvious to me now only because the angle now causes a slight gap on the side. Will see what happens to this later~

IMG_2045_zps5cebe7b5.jpgIMG_2044_zpsf4256775.jpg
The master bathroom other wall, with the window. The rusty window needs to be replaced, so tiler says tiling will not go up at this area until after windows are changed... :)

IMG_2043_zpsa744b277.jpg

the house is progressing nicely...

hope to see more updates in the coming days / weeks

*By the way are you gg to test that thingy ? :notti:

Edited by Songz

the house is progressing nicely...

hope to see more updates in the coming days / weeks

*By the way are you gg to test that thingy ? :notti:

Planning to hook it up to the mom's existing TV this weekend to see what it does. I hope it's 'idiot proof'....I am quite hopeless with electronics most of the time. :lol:

Edited by koori