Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Actually the id will charge you outright for his consultation and 3d drawings. There will be no hidden costs. If you are someone who knows what you want or have an idea of what you want, a good renovation contractor would suffice. By the way , I'm looking to remodel my nine year old kitchen and toilets. If possible feature a wall with a suspended tv console and have the whole house painted. I've been reading your post and so far seen only good reviews regarding your contractor. Mind sharing his contact info with me ? I've had three contractors do site visiting and take measurements for me. They were not recommended by anyone or I have not seen their works somewhere. Just got their numbers from HDB list of contractors. I just wanted to get to know how renovation costs are coming along in the present since the last time I renovated the whole house was back in 2005 when I got my new house !! The most expensive quotation so far is one that totals $27 000 including hacking, clearing, tiling, painting, installing and what nots !! Only one of them was satisfactory since he was willing to do all I requested and price seems reasonable, I think?! Sorry to hijack your post like this but would be grateful for the contact no. Thank you.

I did have a couple of ID quotes say Space Planning and Design drawings = FOC. Difficult to pin down which item had hidden costs coz some $10/$20 more, I not sure is really they give me better stuff or is they hiding costs.

The most different item I saw was for Marble floor polishing. I have quotes ranging from $950 (Alex's quote) to $1700 (from a ID firm).

PM-ed you his contact. Just talk to him see how lor. He usually ok to site visit coz he drives.

Warn you first, he not pushy type. I was the one who keep calling him. Haha....

Edited by koori

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Alpha water heater and rainshower up :good:

Wash basin, tap, WC [not shown] also up. The shampoo rack ended back in middle of the wall anyways, coz the heater is in the way if it's in the corner. :P

Aiya ~ forgot to try the rain shower to see if the pressure is really good or not....

IMG_2259_zps3dac7377.jpg

common bathroom.

Side note : I noticed a problem with the bidet spray. The area where it joins to the pipe drips when the connecting tap is turned on.

Will have to inform Alex to take note and rectify....[well, if the plumber guy dun see it first. haha....he's still coming back for the kitchen sink]

IMG_2308_zps3fbe6bc6.jpg

Great update. :good:

For my view, i always feel that aircon should not blow to the bed directly and all trunking should be hidden away as much as possible.

The bathroom really looks great with the black design tiles.

For kitchen I think still quite early stage and not all carpentry is up so unable to comment ...

Edited by Songz

Cornices all completed...Well, they are boring white stuff, so will just show one picture of the finished cornice.

Mr Cornice wasn't bluffing me. He really did patch it up close to the original. If you know where to look, will be able to tell where the new cornice starts, but not obvious at first glance. :)

IMG_2351_zps0d7a80f9.jpg

For those interested in the Alpha Smart 18 water heater with the rainshower...

Happy to report : water pressure from rainshower is good...I wasted a bit of water, turned it on to take a picture. Can you see the water jets? [sorry for the poor photo exposure. The old lights left behind by the previous owner are very dim...so turned on the phone camera's flash]

Seems like the water pump theory is true, at least for me...haha....

IMG_2357_zpsbe99124d.jpg

For those interested in the Alpha Smart 18 water heater with the rainshower...

Happy to report : water pressure from rainshower is good...I wasted a bit of water, turned it on to take a picture. Can you see the water jets? [sorry for the poor photo exposure. The old lights left behind by the previous owner are very dim...so turned on the phone camera's flash]

Seems like the water pump theory is true, at least for me...haha....

IMG_2357_zpsbe99124d.jpg

Great.

Thanks a lot for the review.

Just like to check that your rain shower set is purchase from where and how much or comes with the heater ?

My first uninvited 'guest' - can you spot him? [or maybe it's a her]

On another note ~ the original 'holes' for 4 old and rusty dimmable lights were in the corners. Alex suggested to remove the old lights and patch up those holes.

Changed to 6 LED downlights along the longer end of the false ceiling instead. This picture shows the old mended hole in the corner and the new one at the side.

IMG_2359_zps65cf82b7.jpg

Great.

Thanks a lot for the review.

Just like to check that your rain shower set is purchase from where and how much or comes with the heater ?

The rain shower set came with the heater as a bundle :)

How come my shower set seems to look different from yours.... :o

Either yours is the pirated version or hers is the pirated version :X

(*Juz kidding)

Think it may be juz an issue of design / batch (However I am curious why different too if same model number) ...

My first uninvited 'guest' - can you spot him? [or maybe it's a her]

On another note ~ the original 'holes' for 4 old and rusty dimmable lights were in the corners. Alex suggested to remove the old lights and patch up those holes.

Changed to 6 LED downlights along the longer end of the false ceiling instead. This picture shows the old mended hole in the corner and the new one at the side.

IMG_2359_zps65cf82b7.jpg

Actually your Cornices looks same same as mine leh. Seriously, I HATE them. Looks ugly to me...... :curse:

Hi,

May i know how much is the bundle?

thks

Got mine for around $270 or thereabouts....sorry, can't remember the exact number. should be about there +-$10. :D invoice lumped my 2 ceiling fans together in the grand total, no individual item price listed.

How come my shower set seems to look different from yours.... :o

I dunno leh...the shop display also like this de...

I didn't do research at all on water heater....just happen to walk into that shop coz saw a 707 heater display outside and went to ask about price for 707 Princeton. LOL. I just happen to see this was much 'prettier' in terms of design than the 707.

Either yours is the pirated version or hers is the pirated version :X

(*Juz kidding)

Think it may be juz an issue of design / batch (However I am curious why different too if same model number) ...

:unsure: dun scare me leh...pirated shower set?

Oh~ took a closer look at the photo of the shower set box, it's 'rega' brand, the box has the logo at the side and labelled it a 'luxury shower set'. Looks like the shower set not from Alpha, even though the shop did sell it to me as a bundle.

Did a google search and found this at deal.com, so I think I didn't get a 'bad' deal bah. :P

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/58-rega-rain-shower-set-easy-installation-1-year-warranty