Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

Hahaha ~

Very creative.

Was checking with this as my friend's mahjong tile lost 1 of the animal tile and using the extra (Fei) card for it currently.

Lucky they give blank tiles if not :bangwall: and its not a cheap set. Cost us 4600NT

Lol... worm.... :D

Haha. Although worm does not clashes with cat but it looks like M. LOL everytime my mum gets either M or W she will ask whats this. Den we help her see got ga not. :wacko:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha. Although worm does not clashes with cat but it looks like M. LOL everytime my mum gets either M or W she will ask whats this. Den we help her see got ga not. :wacko:

haha the "ga" = bite

haha CharisOng, u very creative leh!! super like the idea of pasting stickers :good: …. didn't think of tt at all …. lol but maybe u can tell your mom W = wu gong; M = mao mao chong …. either one it will be eaten by the rooster … haha maybe she can rem easier lyk tt :P

Haha.. She cant differentiate M & W cuz sometimes the M upside down looks like W (vice versa). Have to really see the fine details of the prints like W have more edgy feel and M is straight.

hi yan01,

nice t-blog you have for sharing your current reno progress!

i'm about to start renovating my place too... mind sharing your ID contact and quotation for this reno? thank you so much!

anyone out there can share how their built-in oven sits in the cabinet? i meant the 4 corners where the oven/cabinet comes in contact ...

i think the carpenter did quite a shabby job on tt ... but i dono how it actually shld look like cos this is my 1st built-in oven :P .... anyway this is the 2nd installation for my oven. the 1st time it totally cannot push inside cos he say the gas piping was blocking the way which he didn't take into acct for .... so he removed my whole tall unit, ask sp service rewire the gas pipe, put back everything.

now, on surface it looks ok. BUT the oven was not screwed and secured to the cabinet, basically u can pull out the cabinet lyk tt ... we found the screw hole which is supposed to secure the oven to the cabinet body empty .... and also, the bottom of the oven, has strange gaps which i dono isit normal (i forgot take photo for this) ... i jus doesn't seems right and u can c all the wood debris and dust there .... i dono how much dust can b trapped there over the years :jawdrop: if i were to just accept this .... actually i wasn't sure about tt cos i knw u need some ventilation for the oven .... but my gut feel is not tt kind of gap ... it looks lyk defects more than that. :help:

anyway my oven was slightly scratched :~ with the taking in and out; here and there :(

and still some small small minor adjustments ard the house which can be quite easy and fast. (i assumed)

the proposed plan: ytd was supposed to finish rectifying the carpentry, so subsequent painting/tiling touch up, installing of bomb shelter rack + curtain can fall in. handover on friday. but after the check ytd ... haaaiii .. i hope the proposed schedule still follows.

*bless me guys. :bow:

sorry, not in the mood to share this kind of thing now after my v sad hse visit ytd, hope u udn. :(

i have pm some pple who asked me previously, but i have decided not to share the company name from now onwards.

what i can say is, my reno cost ard 35k.

ultimately, my main objective of writing this blog is to pen down the reno process ... share and discuss with pple as we are very inexperienced and new home owners.

not to advertise my id.

i mean i cant say he is bad. i really hv no issue with the id himself, but hav every issue with his other people, especially the electrician & carpenter ...

i dono how bad or good others are, becos i only read but didn't deal with them.

some very jialat ones will scold u, will run away with ur $.

some very good ones really giv u a peace of mind and u hav nth to worry.

my id is neither very good nor very bad.

i would say my id is just a normal average one, but not the perfect one.

there is still alot of things u need to follow closely, not the kind u can handover the house n forget everything.

but i'm glad no matter wad happen, i go to my id he didn't run away, and willing to absorb everything i said.

that's a very good point of him that i appreciate. other than that ...........................................

hi yan01,

nice t-blog you have for sharing your current reno progress!

i'm about to start renovating my place too... mind sharing your ID contact and quotation for this reno? thank you so much!

anyone out there can share how their built-in oven sits in the cabinet? i meant the 4 corners where the oven/cabinet comes in contact ...

i think the carpenter did quite a shabby job on tt ... but i dono how it actually shld look like cos this is my 1st built-in oven :P .... anyway this is the 2nd installation for my oven. the 1st time it totally cannot push inside cos he say the gas piping was blocking the way which he didn't take into acct for .... so he removed my whole tall unit, ask sp service rewire the gas pipe, put back everything.

now, on surface it looks ok. BUT the oven was not screwed and secured to the cabinet, basically u can pull out the cabinet lyk tt ... we found the screw hole which is supposed to secure the oven to the cabinet body empty .... and also, the bottom of the oven, has strange gaps which i dono isit normal (i forgot take photo for this) ... i jus doesn't seems right and u can c all the wood debris and dust there .... i dono how much dust can b trapped there over the years :jawdrop: if i were to just accept this .... actually i wasn't sure about tt cos i knw u need some ventilation for the oven .... but my gut feel is not tt kind of gap ... it looks lyk defects more than that. :help:

anyway my oven was slightly scratched :~ with the taking in and out; here and there :(

and still some small small minor adjustments ard the house which can be quite easy and fast. (i assumed)

the proposed plan: ytd was supposed to finish rectifying the carpentry, so subsequent painting/tiling touch up, installing of bomb shelter rack + curtain can fall in. handover on friday. but after the check ytd ... haaaiii .. i hope the proposed schedule still follows.

*bless me guys. :bow:

My built-in oven is also "slotted" into the hole in the cabinets. It is not screwed to the frame and can be pulled out. But is is heavy and so not easily pulled out.

I think it is fine to install the oven this way. When you need to repair the oven or change anything, you can easily access the back of the oven.

And yes, better avoid taking the oven in/out. I did that once to try and see the serial number (to put in my warranty registration) and cracked the beautiful glass surface of the cabinet door. And the worst part, the serial number was right on the edge of the door. No need to pull out the oven.

Thnx kstoh for the info ... at least I knw it's norm :)

Anyway ... Hub went down to discuss w id n carpenter abt the oven issue jus nw, n highlights the remaining stuff to rectify.

The carpenter say he gonna do n finish on Friday ... I dono if he is so power .. well let's c ...

After reading back the entry I posted this morning ... I guess I sounded quite harsh :X ... I shan't let emotions override my hands, n shld just stay cool. Deltay is so sway, gotten my ranting post for nth. Paiseh Deltay :P pls don take it too serious ... I must b too stress

I shall stay cool from now onwards as I count down to Friday (hopefully) for handover.

My built-in oven is also "slotted" into the hole in the cabinets. It is not screwed to the frame and can be pulled out. But is is heavy and so not easily pulled out.

I think it is fine to install the oven this way. When you need to repair the oven or change anything, you can easily access the back of the oven.

And yes, better avoid taking the oven in/out. I did that once to try and see the serial number (to put in my warranty registration) and cracked the beautiful glass surface of the cabinet door. And the worst part, the serial number was right on the edge of the door. No need to pull out the oven.

Edited by yan01

After delaying for more than 3 weeks .... The wait is finally over!!

Today is supposed to be the handover day, but they r gg to do a last minor paint touch up tml. The carpentry r all FINALLY DONE!! We jus close eyes on those mini faults n try not to pin point them.

OMG I think my hse look s nice n diff with the curtains up :wub::wub: its jus lyk the Chinese saying: 画龙点睛 ... they jus complete everything ...

Actually I should give the credit to my ID for putting up such a nice hse for me ... I nv regret breaking away frm the 1st ID and switch over to u ... If only ur electrician don do strange things ... n carpenter b more on the ball, ur team will b perfect ..

N jus because we told the ID we r not in a rush to move in doesn't mean we have infinite time to do it. The ID can suddenly do handover on time when we very firmly (n show our unhappiness/disappointment) demand it to b done by Friday. B4 tt .... He jus allow his workers to take their time to do n keep dragging n delaying. Again, he would b perfect if he could jus stick to his schedule.

13780760213_9b99ecf433_b.jpg

So as scheduled, the philips guy came dwn to do tv mounting n starhub guy came dwn to install the home humber ... We r then glued to the tv for awhile b4 we left the hse for dnr ...

I can't hide my excitement :dribble: .... never been so happy to do cleaning n house chores lol .....