Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Fh/999yrs Or 99yrs Condo Better?

i agreed that 99yrs condo are mostly located nearer to mrt whereas freehold/999yrs are far away from mrt. i dont understand why leh? people who paid so much for freehold/999yrs and the location they get is inconvenient. :(

so, if for long term staying then 99yrs is it good enough? :yamseng:

I think that's a coincidence. Our govt became smarter over time and decided to sell 99-year leases rather than give away the land in perpetuity (or 999 years, which is essentially the same as FH). Thus most of the newer plots of land release are 99 years, many of which are nearer to MRT's.

For long term stay, and to pass on property to your children, FH/999 is best. 99 years property is great for investors and those who cannot afford FH.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think that's a coincidence. Our govt became smarter over time and decided to sell 99-year leases rather than give away the land in perpetuity (or 999 years, which is essentially the same as FH). Thus most of the newer plots of land release are 99 years, many of which are nearer to MRT's.

For long term stay, and to pass on property to your children, FH/999 is best. 99 years property is great for investors and those who cannot afford FH.

Actually, based on the rental returns to the amount forked out for the property, that's where 99 yrs leasehold has an advantage over freehold properties.

hmm .. i wld have thot having kids make it more prudent to get a 999property ? Means they will at least have a roof over their heads and/or some financial security when parents hit the deck ?

:lol:

yes - sometimes i envy those condos with amenities .. but maybe i'm getting old and less into crowds and jostling with them ... kekeke, need my space

but if the govt really wanted the plot of land so regardless of 99/999/FH also no use liao. :( but i really like condo that are near to mrt, bus stop, shops etc. :yamseng:

Err..

Private developments provide 1 carpark lot per unit, which is much more compared to the HDB ratio. Also.. facilities tend to be underutilised. Anyway.. HDB got BBQ pit meh? Myy opinion is that big developments.. compared to HDB is much nicer lor.. but the privacy issue is something else since everybody living room is directly facing each other.

Anyway.. whether is FH/999/99.. is about affordability lor. Whether is better or not is really depend on the type of residents. I rather have more neighbours of similar age group etc.

yup, 1 unit 1 carpark. but sometimes, you can request for 1 more carpark. !! i also prefer to have neighbours of similar age group leh. haiz. but one thing is condo has too many foreigners liao leh. :(

@ East, Bedok area

condo, right? :(

by 100 yrs, the property will en-block by then.

Now, which 999 property is >50 yrs old..

Agree some condo has a large plot, which mean alot of units. If they had 1000 unit. 1 unit had 2 person exclude kid and maid. There will be 2000 ppl in that condo.

I also don't like.

I prefer small like 200+ unit and easy access by bus (need to think of relative visiting, children go to school by themselve, etc)

HDB got BBQ , those OLD area... I'm not too sure.

But, the BBQ pit is small, don't have any wash area. Very meh fan.

and poorly maintence

has bus access , easy to access , affordable is more important. whether is 99, freehold, 999 not important

yup, agreed in red. :jawdrop:

yup, 1 unit 1 carpark. but sometimes, you can request for 1 more carpark. !! i also prefer to have neighbours of similar age group leh. haiz. but one thing is condo has too many foreigners liao leh. :jawdrop:

condo, right? :(

some condo give 2 carpark lot...

yeap, condo got alot of foreigner but HDB don't have meh? Important thing is they don't give problem.

Some time, local give more problem then foreigner.

My next door neighbour from China. 1 floor below me, 1 is from India , another one look like local.

Now, cross my finger, my next door neighbour don't give me funny funny thing/issue, can liao.. :yamseng:

yeap, Baywater

Edited by therat

yeap, condo got alot of foreigner but HDB don't have meh? Important thing is they don't give problem.

My next door neighbour from China. 1 floor below me, 1 is from India , another one look like local.

Now, cross my finger, my next door neighbour don't give me funny funny thing/issue, can liao.. :(

yeap, Baywater

yup, whether foreigners/local no problems given can liao. :jawdrop:

Condo got too many foreigner?

Is that even true??? and even if it is, what's the problem with that? !!

EC only can sell to local whereas condo can sell to foreigners/local. :lol: you know some foreigners (china people) they're inconsiderate lor. :yamseng:

Hi bro zirhk3355,

Mine is FH, so means the land belongs to all resident ?

Never occur to me at that time, just buy them cos reasonable price.

Mine PM to me the developer names..

Oh, by the way, can top the DC and revert back to govt ? meaning the LTA.

Who will coordinate all these topping up ? management committee (condo) ,owner ( houses )

Is it worth topping up ?

Sorry lah, so many questions...care to share ?

Theorically, you are supposed to own the land of its FH. But given Singapore's regulations and limited land, its may not be true for every FH land lah. Our good govt always have special regulations to acquire your land, maybe under LTA, maybe under SLA, whatever.

I think not so nice to reveal the developer's names, cuz I just hearsay. But just caution lor, check the documents properly, make sure the deed is from the govt and not a lease agreement from the developer.

What I meant by top up the DC are for those 99-yr lease, eg after 30 yrs, you can revert it back to 99 yrs by paying the DC. This is of course subjected to approval, I think under SLA. Usually the MCST will coordinate the petition. Worth or not, will be analysed case-by-case, based on demand, price and so on.

Sidetrack: If you apply for top-up back to 99-yr and its rejected, I think you should know what is going to happen to your land. Better quickly sell it off... !!

Now, cross my finger, my next door neighbour don't give me funny funny thing/issue, can liao.. :yamseng:

yeap, Baywater

Frankly I rather have foreigners as neighbours - had enough of locals and our kiasuism. Note, I said OUR, means I also included myself. Its a culture here lah...hehe... :(

Condo got too many foreigner?

Is that even true??? and even if it is, what's the problem with that? :(

rent out..

now rent rate is good :yamseng:

actually foreigner has different type..

don't get those worker type , like 12 ppl in 1 3 rm unit.

Super noisy and they do funny thing..

1 of my friend, his condo got a unit is full of china worker. 1 morning, they found a dead dog body in swimming pool.

Understand is the dog belong to 1 of the china guy and u know, dog do bark and another china guy not happy. whack the dog to dead and thrown the dog body down and landed in the swimming pool.

As none of his roommate come out and point him out. So.. what the landlord can do, is ask him to leave the condo.

rent out..

now rent rate is good :notti:

1 of my friend, his condo got a unit is full of china worker. 1 morning, they found a dead dog body in swimming pool.

Understand is the dog belong to 1 of the china guy and u know, dog do bark and another china guy not happy. whack the dog to dead and thrown the dog body down and landed in the swimming pool.

As none of his roommate come out and point him out. So.. what the landlord can do, is ask him to leave the condo.

Oops, sorry then I have to qualify myself here: I meant foreigner white-collar workers, not blue-collared. In the first place, these workers (suspect is construction??) should not be put up at condos. I believe there are proper dorms for them to reside, but the location abit wulu lah...

So what if it is FH or 999 years lease. There is a land aqquistion Act. You do not own the land forever.

rent out..

now rent rate is good :bangwall:

wazza ... dead dog in pool ... i always thot waking up in the morning, walking to the bus-stop to get to work and 'plonk' .. someone upstairs throw down a 'soiled pad' is bad enough !

:bangwall:

yes - too many white-collared workers does not bode well ... not singling them out but when they are in a group and get drunk, they'll prob be brave enuff to do anything.

one of my neighbour's maid was caught sleeping with a for.worker .. and got sent back ...

Frankly I rather have foreigners as neighbours - had enough of locals and our kiasuism. Note, I said OUR, means I also included myself. Its a culture here lah...hehe... :jawdrop:

i think we have become less tolerant these days ... i remember in my parents' flat, they know all the neighbours so well, left/right/up and down ... doors always open etc

when i got my own place ... we hardly open the doors, only know the one on my left is Chinese and on the one on my right is Malay and the one right at the corner is Indian. Names ? Dun know ...

:furious:

one of my neighbour's maid was caught sleeping with a for.worker .. and got sent back ...

i think we have become less tolerant these days ... i remember in my parents' flat, they know all the neighbours so well, left/right/up and down ... doors always open etc

sleeping only...

my colleague neighbour maid got AIDS and their 2 teenage schooling son also got AIDS. Don't know who transfer to transfer.

doors always open.. u can do it..

in no time, u will find item keep on missing ..

offer another point of view

if you want to leave anything for your children, a good choice would be cash or trust funds, gold bars even better.

a roof over their heads sound good but think in the long run, the condo will become dilapidated and badly require repairs or upgrading. then your child(ren) will have to fork out the money.

will they be able to do so? think in terms of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars :bangwall:

if they can't, then they will be forced to sell the unit at a low low price :bangwall:

hmm, i think therat is referring to blue-collar workers...

if you want to leave anything for your children, a good choice would be cash or trust funds, gold bars even better.

a roof over their heads sound good but think in the long run, the condo will become dilapidated and badly require repairs or upgrading. then your child(ren) will have to fork out the money.

will they be able to do so? think in terms of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars :yamseng:

if they can't, then they will be forced to sell the unit at a low low price :dancingqueen:

hmm, i think therat is referring to blue-collar workers...

I refer to all regardless is blue, white, red..

some good which I never encounter, some bad which I had encounter....

I had rent my house to a husband + wife China engineer before. What they had done to my house, I really don't know what to say.. only tell my husband. next time rent out.

"NO MORE China ppl. PERIOD."

So what if it is FH or 999 years lease. There is a land aqquistion Act. You do not own the land forever.

That is true but they have to show public cause, eg for building roads, and they have to compensate you at market value or close to market. You can imagine the effect on foreign investors if the govt were to just acquire land for no reason, no responsible govt would dare to use such power frivolously.

will they be able to do so? think in terms of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars :yamseng:

if they can't, then they will be forced to sell the unit at a low low price :dancingqueen:

I think the answer will be clearer if you track the historical performance of property vs other asset classes (eg gold). Cash is the worst, of course, since it doesn't do anything except suffer from inflation.

As an investment, property is one of the best long-term assets-- it's tangible, real and valuable. There's one thing they're not making more of, and that's land. If you live in it, you save the cost of rental. If you rent it out, you earn rental income.

Edited by waileong