Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

To all fellow K's customers, I've received my quotes from K, but still pending some clarifications to meet up with him, so that we can sign and confirm him, and stop meeting/looking for more contractors. So anxious, we want to quickly confirm so that we can start the reno after CNY. but he's never free to meet us, how to sign??? I was wondering if he can bring us to see any of your projects he has on hand too... Can't help it but feel that he is not keen to close this deal with us. :( Is he also like that before you all signed with him? :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

To all fellow K's customers, I've received my quotes from K, but still pending some clarifications to meet up with him, so that we can sign and confirm him, and stop meeting/looking for more contractors. So anxious, we want to quickly confirm so that we can start the reno after CNY. but he's never free to meet us, how to sign??? I was wondering if he can bring us to see any of your projects he has on hand too... Can't help it but feel that he is not keen to close this deal with us. :( Is he also like that before you all signed with him? :unsure:

Hi, mind sending me the quotes? I am doing some research for my new place

my email is jacehx.wu@gmail.com

thank you

A customer of his here. Yes it was the same feeling, he wasn't keen to close the deal, but I wanted him based on good reviews on "fast and good" even though expensive. So I paid a higher price for his "fast and good". But now, the "fast" is not true anymore, I'm praying the "good" is still valid.

Reno has been going on for more than a month now, and progress is excruciatingly slow. I regretted signing him up. If I could turn back the clock, I would have put in more effort to talk to other contractors and IDs and give the rest and myself a chance. I probably wouldn't have engaged him if I could go back in time.

Edited by elin1029

Jacify, my quotes are still not complete, that's why we are pending clarifications with K, don't think I'm ready to send out my quotes yet, sorry about that, maybe after I confirm and sign. I think every one's design varies, from what I read from the tblogs here, it probably can go from 30k-40k to even 60k, depending on your flat size, and amount of work you do.

Hi, mind sending me the quotes? I am doing some research for my new place

my email is jacehx.wu@gmail.com

thank you

hi elin1029, thanks for replying me. Well, in life, don't regret your decisions, all the best to your renovation!! no longer "fast and good", then hope the "good" is still there! :) Tho i've talked to other contractors (we not considering ID), some of their prices are around the same as K's quotes too... but none of their portfolio is similar like K's work we see in here, sometimes I really wonder where else can I find contractors who do such work with scandi design?????

A customer of his here. Yes it was the same feeling, he wasn't keen to close the deal, but I wanted him based on good reviews on "fast and good" even though expensive. So I paid a higher price for his "fast and good". But now, the "fast" is not true anymore, I'm praying the "good" is still valid.

Reno has been going on for more than a month now, and progress is excruciatingly slow. I regretted signing him up. If I could turn back the clock, I would have put in more effort to talk to other contractors and IDs and give the rest and myself a chance. I probably wouldn't have engaged him if I could go back in time.

In the past, there were too many good reviews, ended up many people like us insisted on using him. It wasn't his fault. We insisted on signing up with him even though he didn't seem that keen to close the deals. I probably should have taken the hint to go somewhere else. Of course reno goes on and life goes on, but one is entitled to feel regrets, and by voicing out my regrets, hopefully potential customers can make an informed decision :)

Hi hojichalatte,

We did not really met up with him after the the 3rd and 4th rectification of the quote, we did it via phone and he will change those details and email back to us. As for signing we signed and email it back to him. Hojichalatte, you could bring it up to K on which project which you might want to view, so that its easier for him to arrange as well. :rolleyes:

Intially we felt that he might not be so keen and were going to look for others but his last words was okay thus we went to him. Though there were some hiccups but we have chosen to engage him thus have to try make sure things goes smoothy at least for now. K have a few reno lining up for CNY, if you wish to get him for CNY better inform him and remind him again and again and again. :(

Hi Elin,

When is the delivery date which K have given you? which stage is your reno at? I understand how u feels, up till thus far, his quality is still there but agree that "fast" does not valid anymore.

Yah! Seems like you are quite a master on the "remind him again and again and again" by now.... :jammin: I must learn this skill if I ever sign with K.

So you didn't really meet him until after sign ahh... oooo.... that's valuable information. probably that's why he is not free to meet us just for clarifications. but my hubby and i prefer to talk to him in person la... easier and saves more time. no need to ping pong emails to and fro and wait for a few days for the next reply. we are interested in wiw projects but K says he don't have any on hand now for us to see :(

Hi hojichalatte,

We did not really met up with him after the the 3rd and 4th rectification of the quote, we did it via phone and he will change those details and email back to us. As for signing we signed and email it back to him. Hojichalatte, you could bring it up to K on which project which you might want to view, so that its easier for him to arrange as well. :rolleyes:

Intially we felt that he might not be so keen and were going to look for others but his last words was okay thus we went to him. Though there were some hiccups but we have chosen to engage him thus have to try make sure things goes smoothy at least for now. K have a few reno lining up for CNY, if you wish to get him for CNY better inform him and remind him again and again and again. :(

i am Mr plain

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2) / MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE13VA

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 13,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Share Capacity : 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,952 Btu/hr

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2)/ MSY-GE10VA(unit) / MSY-GE24VA (unit)

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 22,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Capacity : 7,506 Btu/hr + 17,060 Btu/hr

Very simple i want it when i on all my aircon together all my room and living room will be cool and cold. As is if you try using system 4 and on it together. its take long time to be cool. All the Btu you saw on top is calculate of space need to be cool. And i have open concept kitchen, liviing room.

hi sharon,

please pm me for your combination of aircon

thank you

Have your renovation completes? Not sure i recall correctly from Mr K that yours have handover or almost completed? :)

Really interested to see how does the rest of your reno looks like after looking at your bathroom tiles.

For the curtain track we have ordered, it states 1qty for 1meter, our window is 1.5m and we are looking at 2 tracks for day and night curtains so we place order for 3qty. Hubby says it could be detached and attached for the track :)

Almost. Left the 3rd coat of painting on the living rm and bedrooms, 3 coats of painting on service yard, wiring on switches, light cleaning and touch up. I'm still waiting for the lights to arrives, so he needs to send his electrician down again. Hopefully everything will be ready by next week.

Haha wait for Mr K to post it. I did not do much carpentry with him so i don't know what can he show on his fb.

Thanks!!! I must be blind! Keep looking at the curtain page but couldn't find any answer! Silly me!

Yah! Seems like you are quite a master on the "remind him again and again and again" by now.... :jammin: I must learn this skill if I ever sign with K.

So you didn't really meet him until after sign ahh... oooo.... that's valuable information. probably that's why he is not free to meet us just for clarifications. but my hubby and i prefer to talk to him in person la... easier and saves more time. no need to ping pong emails to and fro and wait for a few days for the next reply. we are interested in wiw projects but K says he don't have any on hand now for us to see :(

hAhhaHA! have to remind him before reno starts but after it gets started it should and suppose to move on smoothly. :lol: But i just checked with him, I was at my place to monitor Evorich lay HERF and Mr K suddenly pop by my place to check on the shower screen. I did mentioned about your situation and Mr K says after CNY will definitely be okay even starting reno now but delivering after CNY will be good for him too. :) Just mentioned his conversation with me if he says he cant. :notti:

I signed and he did not even chase me for payment until the start of the reno. :good: As our first and second meet up clears most of the items that we wish to do thus the third time we verbally discussed thru phone. :) I think Mr K don't do email enquiry, call him will be good :good:

walk in waredrobe? Im doing one but the carpentry have not come in yet maybe thats why he mentioned he does not have any on hand? Or maybe could check with him again. :)

hi sharon,

please pm me for your combination of aircon

thank you

Hi Miichelle,

What kind of combination you are looking at? Those are my combination. I am using 2 compressor. :)

Almost. Left the 3rd coat of painting on the living rm and bedrooms, 3 coats of painting on service yard, wiring on switches, light cleaning and touch up. I'm still waiting for the lights to arrives, so he needs to send his electrician down again. Hopefully everything will be ready by next week.

Haha wait for Mr K to post it. I did not do much carpentry with him so i don't know what can he show on his fb.

Thanks!!! I must be blind! Keep looking at the curtain page but couldn't find any answer! Silly me!

Verre,

Mr K pop by while i was doing site monitoring for the HERF laying and mentioned about service yard and brought up your service yard into our conversation and he mentioned that it will be painted. I guess he have told you about it so no worries~ :D

Your reno completion seems to be real soon~ :good:

Day 69

HERF from Evorich

Product from Evorich but worker from Goodrich

Type : Durban Oak :good:

Bedroom 2 + Walk-in-Waredrobe Area

936573_10152509177659546_152118994_n.jpg

Bedroom 3

1505031_10152509177749546_502920614_n.jp

22 boxes were brought over from Evorich and 21 box were opened, 1 box were return.

The last box were open due to a small tiny slim piece of the corner of the room :(

There were lots of left overs however he still opens a new box. :unsure:

1471244_10152509177304546_1965712499_n.j

1521526_10152509177419546_1252105766_n.j

Edited by plainsharon

Update Continues

Looking in dept in the workmanship

The walls will be painted and should cover the flaws on the walls :rolleyes:

1476562_10152509177074546_1736907156_n.j

1486841_10152509176059546_786302040_n.jp

Before applying sillicon :

1461269_10152509177544546_1723071223_n.j

After Sillicon :

1476004_10152509176364546_519246515_n.jp

1507126_10152509176914546_715528428_n.jp

Lastly

Ware-in-waredrobe from MBR angle :

1474439_10152509179424546_494531540_n.jp

Edited by plainsharon

Day 71

Evorich flooring with holes appearing

Silicon applied on the the side of the HERF starts to appear holes.

2 Days after laying the HERF flooring from Evorich, holes like these start appearing. Not sure it would be the quality of the product used by Evorich or the workmanship laid by Goodrich. :wacko:

1461186_10152513796859546_733136765_n.jp

1521231_10152513796909546_805085709_n.jp

988822_10152513796994546_1608383461_n.jp

There were more holes all around the HERF.

*Update : Holes were filled up later on

Edited by plainsharon

hAhhaHA! have to remind him before reno starts but after it gets started it should and suppose to move on smoothly. :lol: But i just checked with him, I was at my place to monitor Evorich lay HERF and Mr K suddenly pop by my place to check on the shower screen. I did mentioned about your situation and Mr K says after CNY will definitely be okay even starting reno now but delivering after CNY will be good for him too. :) Just mentioned his conversation with me if he says he cant. :notti:

I signed and he did not even chase me for payment until the start of the reno. :good: As our first and second meet up clears most of the items that we wish to do thus the third time we verbally discussed thru phone. :) I think Mr K don't do email enquiry, call him will be good :good:

walk in waredrobe? Im doing one but the carpentry have not come in yet maybe thats why he mentioned he does not have any on hand? Or maybe could check with him again. :)

Hi Miichelle,

What kind of combination you are looking at? Those are my combination. I am using 2 compressor. :)

Verre,

Mr K pop by while i was doing site monitoring for the HERF laying and mentioned about service yard and brought up your service yard into our conversation and he mentioned that it will be painted. I guess he have told you about it so no worries~ :D

Your reno completion seems to be real soon~ :good:

Hahahaha yes yes! He told me already, Thanks for asking him. :) Today the electrician is coming over to do the remaining stuffs. So i will left the painting, touch up, washing, and oh my doors are not in yet! Most prob moving in will be in Jan. Looking forward to see your carpentry! :)