Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

Haha paiseh eyes kena stamp.. i was actually looking at 1st pic & 2nd pic (left).. still wondering how come look similar & yet different, and thought u kept the other toilet in the 2nd pic (right) in original state.. :P

It happens to the best of us.. :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Common toilet wall tile very nice... Retro yet modern cos of the modern color. is it light blue or grey? ( pardon for asking cos sometime camera capture color tone that's a bit different with actual).

Painting and Lights installation part 2

Paint is up and the remaining lights has been installed! Colors chosen as follows:

- Living and dining: Snowfield

- Masterbedroom and study: Swandown

- Baby's room: Mint

You should be able to see the paint colors of the wall in the light pictures.. so I'll just post the mint color walls for the baby room pictures here

20130409_174215_zpsdad08d9a.jpg

Ordered 3 types of lights from taobao.. 1 for dining, 1 for the study and a pair of wall lamps for the master bedroom..

Managed to install only 2 out of 3 because 1 of the lights CMI.. *face palm*

Word of advice.. if ordering stuff from China.. do not get items with moving parts unless you know for a fact that the seller you're ordering from is skilled with moving parts..

The lights I wanted were all artemide replicas and artemide's tolomeo range of lights had a lot of joints and movable parts.. we took a chance and ordered it.. here's what it looks after installation

Dining.. This one wasn't as bad.. you could still pull the light up and down and swing it around.. but the base plate was made of very flimsy metal and when you pulled at the light, the metal plate would wobble.. have to ask my contractor to drill 2 more holes in the base plate of the light and screw the plate securely to the ceiling..

20130415_184527_zps6ad7a146.jpg

Bedroom.. This one had no problems at all.. finishing was quite good too.. kinda expected since of all the lights.. this one had the least number of moving parts

20130415_184052_zpsa62449e3.jpg

This would have been how my study light looked if we had installed it..

modern-pendant-lighting.jpg

My poor study light.. BUANG!!! Most number of moving parts of the 3 lights.. finishing was awful and wasn't even consistent across the whole light..

IMG-20130418-WA0002_zpsdc62c757.jpg

And when you pulled at the lamp shades it wouldn't stay in place.. ARGH.. wasted money

So now I have to find another light for the study.. guess I'll be getting my rectangle light after all.. have to spend more money after wasting my money on the buang light..

:wacko:

Edited by blueeeeie

Common toilet wall tile very nice... Retro yet modern cos of the modern color. is it light blue or grey? ( pardon for asking cos sometime camera capture color tone that's a bit different with actual).

Actually.. its supposed to be grey.. but it had a slightly blue tinge to it.. so after it was tiled over a large area.. it looked a little bit greyish blue..

20130411_184332_zpsab4fdea2.jpg

Once the reno is complete.. my hubby will take out his dusty DSLR to take better photos in more HD colors.. :) Will probably help you see the colors better..

Carpentry (Work in progress)

The carpentry is finally in.. my house is turned into a total warzone.. with wood being the casualties..

And it was only after I saw the amount of wood work being carried into my house that I realized how much carpentry I actually have!!!

Let's see..

1) 2 full height wardrobes in the master bedroom

2) 1 full height wardrobe in the baby room

3) 1 full height bookshelf with sliding doors in the study

4) 1 full height shoe rack near the door entrance

5) 2 vanity tops in the bathrooms

6) Top and bottom kitchen cabinets

7) Sliding door for kitchen

8) Sliding door for study

9) Wood frame for study window

10) Doors for master and baby room and 2 toilets

Hrmmm.. ok.. it really is a lot.. didn't realize it until I actually listed it out.. oh well!

Picture time!!!

Full height shoe cabinet and a shot of the kitchen sliding door.. the cabinet doors hasn't been installed yet.. its just propped up to show what it would look like after its done.. Some minor rectifications need to be done for the kitchen sliding door though..

IMG-20130418-WA0005_zpsf3b0a446.jpg

Doors are installed.. they'll be painted white to look less obvious.. door handle edges are very sharp.. need to ask them to round out the edges.. childproofing..

IMG-20130418-WA0007_zps0a5410c7.jpg

Wardrobe in the master bedroom.. carpenter needs to change the drawers.. Dunno why he decided to make the openings so BIG.. irritated..

Wardrobes are kept white for all the bedrooms.. They are my blank canvases for stickers!!!

IMG-20130418-WA0012_zpsf42d3617.jpg

And we have full height bookshelf for the study minus the sliding doors.. and of course the wooden frame for the window minus the glass..

IMG-20130418-WA0008_zps6d5f2ad6.jpg

More pictures coming up later..

Edited by blueeeeie

Oh nice! My wardrobe drawer the gap even bigger initially. Think they want to save some wood. Haha...

Yeah.. I read your blog about that issue too.. haiz.. how is that even functional??

I complained to my husband the moment I saw it.. he said I was over-reacting and that it was ok.. I nearly burst a vein when he said that!

Yeah.. I read your blog about that issue too.. haiz.. how is that even functional??

I complained to my husband the moment I saw it.. he said I was over-reacting and that it was ok.. I nearly burst a vein when he said that!

Looks like the smooth sailing continues.. despite the minor hiccups.. keep it up! :good:

Ironically, I was asking for such drawers with large gaps (not as large as urs though) but my both my ID & carpenter said not nice/not practical & convinced me to keep to the conventional no-gap type.. :huh:

Looks like the smooth sailing continues.. despite the minor hiccups.. keep it up! :good:

Ironically, I was asking for such drawers with large gaps (not as large as urs though) but my both my ID & carpenter said not nice/not practical & convinced me to keep to the conventional no-gap type.. :huh:

I had the same gap drawers for my Ikea wardrobe.. I thought it was nice hence I asked for the same type of drawers from my contractor.. Its very convenient when u you're putting away your laundry and you just slot your clothes in through the gap.. :)

I think your ID was just convincing you not to have them cos they were more troublesome to make.. :P

I had the same gap drawers for my Ikea wardrobe.. I thought it was nice hence I asked for the same type of drawers from my contractor.. Its very convenient when u you're putting away your laundry and you just slot your clothes in through the gap.. :)

I think your ID was just convincing you not to have them cos they were more troublesome to make.. :P

ya! i oso got the idea from Ikea!! :lol: n I saw my bro's plc did the same.. quite cool mah, rite?

i think it's indeed more troublesm to make, but the reason my ID gave was it would take out/waste some unused space between the drawers to make such.. dunno why i agreed at that time... anyway, wardrobe sliding doors closed liao oso can't see... lol! :lol:

ya! i oso got the idea from Ikea!! :lol: n I saw my bro's plc did the same.. quite cool mah, rite?

i think it's indeed more troublesm to make, but the reason my ID gave was it would take out/waste some unused space between the drawers to make such.. dunno why i agreed at that time... anyway, wardrobe sliding doors closed liao oso can't see... lol! :lol:

That's true lah.. but as long as its functional for you now.. thats all that matters..

The worst thing to have is you agreed to something and then you can't use it.. sian half!

Lighting continued

My hubby bought this online a few weeks ago to be installed in the kitchen.. but it was pending the installation of the kitchen cabinets..

IMG-20130320-WA0002_zps14e4966e.jpg

Now that the cabinets are almost done.. we've put up the light!

IMG-20130420-WA0000_zpsa90a9b35.jpg

So nice!!! love love..

Thanks just4fun http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Shopping for bric a brac

I usually refer to this lamp as the bankers' lamp since I use to see it in those old English banks from long ago.. This is the real deal.. green shade is made of glass and the stand is made of solid brass...

IMG-20130405-WA0006_zpsf47c4922.jpg

I bought 2 of these lamps and I'm not really sure where to put the other one.. may have to let it go.. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif

I love the newgate clocks from UK.. They use them in the London train stations and have this great vintage look..

IMG-20120921-WA0002_zps089c9443.jpg

Pardon the head in the picture.. its my handsome hubby.. heehee

I'll be getting this red one for my kitchen.. saw it in a shop in ION..

sho221ar.jpg

Wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be.. and it look so campbell soupy..

Hi blueeeeie

May i kn where u buy this lamp from, i also wanted to get 1...,

Thanks just4fun http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Shopping for bric a brac

I usually refer to this lamp as the bankers' lamp since I use to see it in those old English banks from long ago.. This is the real deal.. green shade is made of glass and the stand is made of solid brass...

IMG-20130405-WA0006_zpsf47c4922.jpg

I bought 2 of these lamps and I'm not really sure where to put the other one.. may have to let it go.. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif

I love the newgate clocks from UK.. They use them in the London train stations and have this great vintage look..

IMG-20120921-WA0002_zps089c9443.jpg

Pardon the head in the picture.. its my handsome hubby.. heehee

I'll be getting this red one for my kitchen.. saw it in a shop in ION..

sho221ar.jpg

Wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be.. and it look so campbell soupy..