Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nicholas88

Washing Machine Lg Or Samsung?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am looking at the same options.... But with additional Electrolux 1274.... LG physically looks better than the square square Samsung. But Electrolux being a pioneer in washing machine is good for consideration except their function is very basic. Headache!

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me which washing machine should I buy? Which one is better?

Samsung WD0804W8E or LG WD-1485ADP

don't buy LG WD-1485ADP series. 2 reasons.

1. I bought one 2 year ago. At first it is ok. after 2 years warranty expires now, it is very noisy when spinning. LG service man came down and checked it and told me another 400SGD needed to fix this problem. worth it?

2. Don't buy washer with dryer function. The only advantage is taking up less space. Dryer function with washing machine is very low efficient. And the dryer function got less options than a dryer machine.

Funny story to share...

I went to an electronics store to ask for advice on washing machines. I asked about the Samsung washing machines as they look good and the prices are okay. The salesperson says Samsung washing machines are very lousy, saying that Samsung makes good TVs and fridges, but for washing machines, should go for Electrolux. Salesperson claims that Samsung uses more water, wash already not clean/not dry as their technology inferior to the other brands...

I said I'd think about it first and went on to look at TVs. After that, I went back to washing machine section and was served by another salesperson, as the previous salesperson went for lunch break already. This salesperson immediately recommend me Samsung, says that Samsung washing machine has better technology, wash already cleaner than inferior brands like Electrolux :D

Same store, same argument, only used on different brands... :unsure:

don't buy LG WD-1485ADP series. 2 reasons.

1. I bought one 2 year ago. At first it is ok. after 2 years warranty expires now, it is very noisy when spinning. LG service man came down and checked it and told me another 400SGD needed to fix this problem. worth it?

2. Don't buy washer with dryer function. The only advantage is taking up less space. Dryer function with washing machine is very low efficient. And the dryer function got less options than a dryer machine.

Thanks for the advise. Would like to check you bought the same model from LG that I'm looking at? Cos the salesman ever told me last time LG using belt that no good. Now they using direct drive that will not cos this problem. So just to verify with you to see whether they tell the true. :)

Another is why I need to get 2 in 1 is cos I dun have any extra space to place another dryer so no choice have to buy 2 in 1. :(

Edited by nicholas88

i bought from Mega Discount Store.

i'm not sure if Samsung makes good washer. My existing house all using electrolux.. decided to give samsung a try.

yeh never listen to salesman. some of them are the specific brands sales person

Had decided to buy LG cos of the size is slightly smaller than samsung as my place for washing machine are limited. Will also extend the warranty just in case the washing machine breakdown after 2 years. Heee heee... Anyway thanks for all advised. :)