Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RaymondChin

Our New Living Space 4Rm Resale

We bought a 4 rm resale this Mar and it has become our living nest which we plan to stay for quite some time. So we decided to do a renovation to make this place our home. We consulted a mixture of Ids and Direct Contractor, read alot in Renotalk, pull in some ideas here and there, and finally we choose to work with Ah Lim, our contractor for our mini dream project.

Our house is 104sqm, and the whole reno took about 1 month to complete. Now we have shifted into our nice dream house and would like to share some pictures. I have some stories to share and intend to show the before and after pictures.

But 1st, please advise me how do i upload the pictures...

cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haven't seen your pictures yet but I am interested to know how much you have spent on your renovation cause my flat is very similar to yours, also a resale unit and is 103sqm.

We bought a 4 rm resale this Mar and it has become our living nest which we plan to stay for quite some time. So we decided to do a renovation to make this place our home. We consulted a mixture of Ids and Direct Contractor, read alot in Renotalk, pull in some ideas here and there, and finally we choose to work with Ah Lim, our contractor for our mini dream project.

Our house is 104sqm, and the whole reno took about 1 month to complete. Now we have shifted into our nice dream house and would like to share some pictures. I have some stories to share and intend to show the before and after pictures.

But 1st, please advise me how do i upload the pictures...

cheers

We would like to share with you our pre-reno pix to show the transformation within our tight budget...my wife opted for a Black/White/Grey colour combination...which i will show you later...

Meanwhile, this was how it looked before reno... :unsure:

prereno001.th.jpg

We didnt like the ceiling contours in the MBR, so these have to go...

prereno024.th.jpg

Actually all the rooms have "fake beams" that we didnt like...

prereno013.th.jpg

prereno019.th.jpg

prereno014.th.jpg

didnt like the MBR colours too

Edited by RaymondChin

prereno004.th.jpg

The doors were chewed by the previous owner's dog till it could not lock properly...so these have to go too...

prereno008.th.jpg

We also didnt like the TV console and raised floor...

prereno038.th.jpg

Didnt like the color tone...so got to have it removed

hmm, actually, a list of things we didnt like and was placed on "To go list"

Edited by RaymondChin

next was the kitchen that we have to rebuild

prereno033.th.jpg

prereno034.th.jpg

prereno027.th.jpg

prereno026.th.jpg

prereno006.th.jpg

Consideration should be made to tile the area below the basin as advised by our contractor to refrain from wood rot should there be a leak...

Edited by RaymondChin

HI , Raymond Thanks for sharing .If you don't mind can you share little bit more about the renovation cost. I just confirm a hse which condition and size similar with you. May i know that the MBR cabinet is totally remove and built in a new set or just change the wardrobe door?How much was the cost incurred? Both of us also like the grey/brown/black/white combination. Other color won't consider it.Hope to hear you reply soon. Thanks

HI , Raymond Thanks for sharing .If you don't mind can you share little bit more about the renovation cost. I just confirm a hse which condition and size similar with you. May i know that the MBR cabinet is totally remove and built in a new set or just change the wardrobe door?How much was the cost incurred? Both of us also like the grey/brown/black/white combination. Other color won't consider it.Hope to hear you reply soon. Thanks

Hi chingsoon

Sry for taking so long to respond.

As I was on a tight budget, I got my contractor to replace all the doors as the internal structure was still very sturdy.

The Reno cost me abt $20k...and will load up more pics when I've got the time...

Hi Raymond,

Do u mind to share the contractor's name & contact number? can i know how is his workdone? can PM me the renovation breakdown cost too? thanks.

We didnt like the concept so we took out all the old fixtures and re-do the living hall and kitchen as well. Here are the photos

kitchen01.jpg

kitchen02.jpg

My wife choose this huge kitchen sink to fit in a decent size chinese wok

kitchen03.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My wife painted the door herself when she got the time in racing stripes...

livingroommbr03.jpg

view of the store room n the other bedroom doors

livingroomotherrm04.jpg

Edited by RaymondChin

Hi Chan121

I personally find my contractor easy going, responsible and their workmanship is pretty decent. We also didnt have trouble contacting them everytime. (what i read in the forum that some of other contractors who takes on too many jobs and if u call often, they start ignoring you)

As they are a direct contractor, we took lead in the design and share our concept with them. Don't expect fanciful ID designs. What i like about them is they will provide practical solutions when we are in dilemma and will not interfere in our decision making.

Enjoy every part of your reno journey...

Edited by RaymondChin

here are some photos of the living room with a simple L-box to fit in the ceiling fan. We felt that the ceiling fan was a must if u don't intend to install an aircon. Portable fan was too troublesome to lounge around the living space.

postreno072.th.jpg

And we simplified the other bedrooms by removing the awkward false ceiling with a simple cornice and a surface-mounted light and tone up the colours with brown and white. Both rooms and its entirety was mirrored including the colours of the doors.

postreno069.th.jpg

And we like this main door...the final piece (install it as the last item so as not to damage the door due to frequent worker movement carrying stuff in/out of the house during reno)

livingroom02.jpg

Edited by RaymondChin

Hi Raymond,

Do u mind to share the contractor's name & contact number? can i know how is his workdone? can PM me the renovation breakdown cost too? thanks.

Thanks Raymond, Received ur PM.