Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
X.H.LI

Diy Lighting

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actually if u know the basics of earth, live, and neutral... very easy liao...

I diy my whole lights at home.. kena short circuit twice.. haa...

by the way, get a test pen to confirm which one is the life wire.. dun anyhow connect...

Hi All,

I just got my keys and just managed to DIY the lightbulb plastic connector in the store room. The connection is simple, just connect the live eath & neutral and screw them in.

My problem is for the other parts of the house where the socket have 1 red (live), 2 neutral & 2 eatth wire.

What I did was just take the 1 live + 1 neutral + 1 earth wire and connect to the light bulb plastic connector. I leave the balance neutral & earth wire as it is. BUT then when i turn on the switch, no light... like no power leh...

Can anybody help give me a rough guide.. or some DIY frns here staying near Sengkang can give me some pratical lesson...

Cheers.

Hi All,

I just got my keys and just managed to DIY the lightbulb plastic connector in the store room. The connection is simple, just connect the live eath & neutral and screw them in.

My problem is for the other parts of the house where the socket have 1 red (live), 2 neutral & 2 eatth wire.

What I did was just take the 1 live + 1 neutral + 1 earth wire and connect to the light bulb plastic connector. I leave the balance neutral & earth wire as it is. BUT then when i turn on the switch, no light... like no power leh...

Can anybody help give me a rough guide.. or some DIY frns here staying near Sengkang can give me some pratical lesson...

Cheers.

dun really understand what you mean, a photo/pic will be helpful

dun really understand what you mean, a photo/pic will be helpful

It's ok i figured it out already. Actually the whole house lighting is connected in a loop.

Thanks for askin...

It's ok i figured it out already. Actually the whole house lighting is connected in a loop.

Thanks for askin...

i face the same problem as you. How did u managed to install the light in the storeroom aka bomb shelter?

Yes the power lines are connected in a few "loops", so for the additional 2nd neutral and earth wires, just treat them as one wire (ie. 2x neutral wire screw together and 2x earth wire screw togehter).

Edited by Brainstorm