Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angmoh

Reno @ Teck Whye

Hi all!

Decided to start a T-blog to share my experience, at the same time gather some ideas from bros and sis here...

I have just gone through the 1st Appointment and the completion is scheduled sometime end of October. I plan to complete the renovation before January 2013.

I have contacted about 10 IDs, and have met several of them. Currently waiting for their quotations and proposed layout.

First and foremost, here's the original layout plan:

cffb7b73.jpg

Most of the layout will remain, except for the kitchen area..which i plan to have an open-concept dry kitchen with an enclosed wet kitchen. I'm still struggling with the kitchen layout tho'.. seems like cant find a best solution to accommodate both..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Which part of Teck Whye is this? I don't remember TW has such a big apartment? :jawdrop:

I stay at CCK btw.

Hi Kim,

At Teck Whye Lane, near Sheng Siong.. hehe

EA...

congrats :sport-smiley-018: ... we got the same layout..

I shifted the storeroom... good Luck for a smooth reno..

Nivle,

Yeh, i was following your blog as well and realized that we have the same layout. hehe

I don't intend to shift the storeroom (although the location is abit out of the way), due to limited budget. So trying to avoid unnecessary hacking.

Edited by angmoh

Have met about 15 IDs and shortlisted 3

1. Inside Living - Jessie

2. Inspired by Dtrenzo - Russell

3. *** Lifestyle - Roger

Finally we decided go for Inside Living, mainly because my wife is more comfortable to deal with a female ID. Personally i felt that 3 of them are equally professional and good. Pricing wise are also competitive. Cant comment on the workmanship, but i guess they arent too far away based on the reviews on this forum.

Finally got the keys yesterday and on the same day itself, my ID had brought various groups of contractors to take measurements, this and that.. very efficient !

Based on my FSM's advice, next Monday will be a good day to start work ! Huat ar !!

Here's the original condition of my humble house

P1090759_zps4634f2b9.jpg

Edited by angmoh

Fengshui Mastersss (1 master 2 disciples) and my ID were discussing on the layout... luckily not much changes.. phew !!

My master proposed Modern Black and White theme..

P1090756_zpsc805aed0.jpg

Edited by angmoh

Hi Angmo, u have a very big n spacious unit. Very nice indeed :)

If I were u, I will relocate the store and create a yard for laundry... Hacking away the store gives space for wet n dry kitchen.

I will also hack away the study area n this opens up the entire living n dinning area.

Hi Potatoes,

The existing studyroom had been torn down by the previous owner, but i'm planning to reconstruct back :P cos i really need 4 rooms. A spacious living room of course would be impressive.. but.. too bad

There will be some changes on the layout.. will post it once my ID has finalized the drawing..

Today shopped for home appliances... i know i'm a bit gan jiong although renovation will only commence next week.

I went to Courts and Electronic Expo and eventually Mega Discount Store today...

Just to share my purchases:-

1. Samsung LED TV UA46ES6600M 46" Series 6 Slim LED

2. Samsung Washer/Dryer WD0804W8E 8kg/5kg

3. Samsung Bottom Fridge RL4013UBASL (inverter technology / 4 ticks)

4. Sharp Helsio AX-1500 Oven/Microwave/Steamer

5. EF Hood & Hob

All in at the price of S$5800++

Wow, your EA is very big, more than 150sqm?

I like your big dinner area, good thing your storeroom is not a bomb shelter, hence can be remove or enlarge.

Will also be following your blog. HeHe

1000miles, just slightly bigger than urs. Is 142 sq.m

Here's the revised layout plan. I have relocated the dining to the kitchen.. The wet kitchen will be smaller, more practical. The original dining area will be my children playground and my working desk..

teckwhye1.jpg

Edited by angmoh