Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

Anyway.. there is an ant infestation at our house!!!!! seems like it either came with the cabinets or came from outside the door.. duno.... =( hope the ant poison we placed there works =( been chasing spiders as well =( rawrr!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ants? which part of ur house? Oh dear... Could there b food crumbs lying around?

Anyway.. there is an ant infestation at our house!!!!! seems like it either came with the cabinets or came from outside the door.. duno.... =( hope the ant poison we placed there works =( been chasing spiders as well =( rawrr!

Hi Princess, Yes, I managed to change. Actually for my case, I feel v paiseh, after I went down to the shop to change the casing, then my contractor say the light not suitable for my low ceiling n high traffic area. So I went down to change to a non dangling light. After installation, I found it too bright, so I went down again to change to lower watts. The guy was really nice, tho I felt he seem a bit fierce the first time I see him, but he was really patient when I asked for exchanges.

If really rust, not sure how too. Can sand and paint over if the surface coated with paint? Worst case scenerio is get electrician to change the lite. Hopefully the lights will last a long time till move house.

ya..i suppose that's the case.. sigh.. i was quite affected by their rude scoldings and all cox i see that as a form of rejection and i'm someone who is really scared of rejection - and that's the main reason y i dun reject others as well hahaha (but my hubby say this means i'm too easy to bully o.o)

and sigh.. ya.. y cant they be nicer =( do unto others what you wan them to do unto u.. so treat them nice cox hope they treat us nice.. in the end it just feels like our smiling faces got slapped.. o.o -_-"

ya.. actually we found online from renotalk that Chan Huat has quite competitive pricing for their track lights - which was the main reason y we decided to go Chan Huat.. but going there and having these all happen.. and finding that they are charging GST (7% can mean a lot o.o) and yet not CASE certified is just.. scary..

oh no.. looks like we have the same issue o.o our light casing also got some scratches and uneven surfaces.. i wonder if buaing oil on the light casings would help to deter the rust or just cause the lights to "BOOM" and light up in flames hahahaha >.< with Singapore's weather being so hot and humid, i'm wondering how long our light casings can actually last without rusting.. i guess the headache is if the casing rust and replacement is needed... then HOW??? =( in the end did u manage to exchange? someone told me the way to check if things will rust is to use magnet - if it sticks - it will rust, if it doesn't stick, it won't rust - not sure how true... sounds really dubious though.. >.<

we went to the 391 branch >.< i think it's not just the branch but also the people who are in it.. the person who served us initially came from another branch to help out for the night.. i think the rest can still be reasonably polite.. but one of the supervisors was the one hurling insults and trying to initiate shouting match =( *faint*

Ants? which part of ur house? Oh dear... Could there b food crumbs lying around?

no idea.. we were following the ants around.. and they led us to a couple of places.. to a pile of wet newspaper (maybe they were thirsty or maybe some sweet drinks were spilled on it? at one point i was thinking someone peed on it -_- i've got a vivid imagination lol), they also led us outside the house to our neighbour's shoe rack that is displayed outside.. and they were going to places like the shoe cabinet and the kitchen cabinet (in between the laminates)..

i really dislike ants.. rawr! they are so small and can crawl into your ears (which is exactly why i dislike them so much)..

we went to buy ant poison and littered their paths with the ant poison.. hope they will take it and offer it to their queen and comrades.. -_-

any one has any idea to help us get rid of the ants please voice out here~~!! TIA!!!

Hi,

I have just gotten my keys to a new flat at Damai Grove. Am sourcing for renovation contractors. Would appreciate advise and recommendation for renovation contractors.

Hi Princess, Yes, I managed to change. Actually for my case, I feel v paiseh, after I went down to the shop to change the casing, then my contractor say the light not suitable for my low ceiling n high traffic area. So I went down to change to a non dangling light. After installation, I found it too bright, so I went down again to change to lower watts. The guy was really nice, tho I felt he seem a bit fierce the first time I see him, but he was really patient when I asked for exchanges.

If really rust, not sure how too. Can sand and paint over if the surface coated with paint? Worst case scenerio is get electrician to change the lite. Hopefully the lights will last a long time till move house.

ooo.. sounds like a long process.. but thankfully they were willing to change for u.. otherwise u'll end up with a lot of headaches cox the light doesn't fit.. actually i think when the light shops really give their best to help the owners, the owners are surely appreciative.. i mean, who wants to be stuck with a light they dun like or cant use? if ppl can help, they will definitely be happy de ma... >.<

i'm not sure leh.. one thing is - not good to touch rust.. rust can get absorbed into the skin so got to be careful and cover urself properly before doing the sanding and painting.. >.< hopefully our lights will all last~~!!

Hi,

I have just gotten my keys to a new flat at Damai Grove. Am sourcing for renovation contractors. Would appreciate advise and recommendation for renovation contractors.

hi nilegna!

Welcome to RT and to Damai!! there are a few reputable ones in renotalk =) there's K, Jaskel, Alan and of cox there's Roy~ (pardon me if I've left anyone out).. it'd be best if u can approach these people for a quote and a meet up to understand what they can do for u.. in the end it's up to how comfortable u r with them and whether their price is right.. and of cox - request to see their past works (to see the workmanship) and also to see their style (some are better at doing certain styles..).. have fun in your reno journey!! =D have PM'ed u our contact in case u need =)

hihi princess, mind to share with me your ID contact? im getting key for my new place soon, so have to start to start the sourcing work :)

you may PM me or email me at celinetohym@gmail.com

TIA :)

hihi princess, mind to share with me your ID contact? im getting key for my new place soon, so have to start to start the sourcing work :)

you may PM me or email me at celinetohym@gmail.com

TIA :)

hi kitty! PM'ed you his contact =D jiayou for your reno!!

Hihi

Do you knw where i can get the minka aire fans?

You can get the minka aire fans from Best Light Electrical Sdn Bhd, JB.

Address is no 15-17 jalan Ros Merah 2/10 Taman Johor Jaya 81100 Johor bahru.

tel: 07-358 1211

Saw it today at their shop when i went to pick up my lights, about 4 sets sitting at their showroom.

Price MYR 1,600/-.