Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

Main Gate Painted White with Steel Design~~~~ (thumbs up to Roy!)

DSC_0296.jpg

Hihi...i didn't know the main wooden door can be painted white. What kind of paint is use? How much does it cost to paint the door?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DSC_0296.jpg

Hihi...i didn't know the main wooden door can be painted white. What kind of paint is use? How much does it cost to paint the door?

=D hehe ya we didn't know that either - thought it would be weird cox the wooden door provided by HDB has grains.. so we though painting the door white would make the grains stand out.. but this one has a smooth finish.. o.o this is actually proposed by Roy to make the whole outlook nicer >.< we also duno how much it is or what the paint is as he say he'll give it as a gift hhaha.. unfortunately, cant do this for the HHS door cox the paint needed for the HHS door is apparently different =( but all the other doors in the house are like this now - looks like laminates but r not laminates =X one thing i do know is that they used a type of spray paint to paint the doors white - i can see the spray marks on the adjacent walls hahahaa..

hehehehe.. sorry cant help much =(

Hi Neighbour, I wanted to paint my main door white too but yet to discuss with my CFO! I also wanted to paint the gate! Wonders if my contractor can do for me. Shall discuss with CFO first!

painting is up and the floor laminates are up too~ pictures attached =D (these are done some weeks ago - but like we mentioned, we requested to slow down reno when we are overseas =P so hence the lag in updating >.< )

DSC_0296.jpg

Edited by kenjo

Hi Neighbour, I wanted to paint my main door white too but yet to discuss with my CFO! I also wanted to paint the gate! Wonders if my contractor can do for me. Shall discuss with CFO first!

hehe.. go check go check >.< anyway gate can paint ma? I tot the paint will be easily scratched off the gate so din dare to paint it =(

hehe.. go check go check >.< anyway gate can paint ma? I tot the paint will be easily scratched off the gate so din dare to paint it =(

use a metal primer first as base coat, and subsequent use metal paint. they are oil-based, sticks very well.

use a metal primer first as base coat, and subsequent use metal paint. they are oil-based, sticks very well.

ooo thanks! gotta go ask about the costs though - either that or diy at a later stage =X of cox that's provided my Mr. likes it =X

Hi princessandhergeek, may i ask you something? For your MBR toilet tiles? Is the surface smooth finish or is it like a rough finish feel when you step on it.

Hi remy!

the MBR floor tiles has a rougher finish - I'm personally very scared of falls (had a issue with my back previously) so during the tile selection, we actually asked for rougher floor tiles but yet not too rough until it'll scratch the skin.. so this is what we got! these also look like wood tiles so it's another plus point hahaha.. (ya pictures dun show tt o.o)

ooo thanks! gotta go ask about the costs though - either that or diy at a later stage =X of cox that's provided my Mr. likes it =X

Princess, can't paint too many coats over it or it become thicker over the years when you repaint. so must remember to sand off the old paint before applying new coat. :thumbs up:

Hi remy!

the MBR floor tiles has a rougher finish - I'm personally very scared of falls (had a issue with my back previously) so during the tile selection, we actually asked for rougher floor tiles but yet not too rough until it'll scratch the skin.. so this is what we got! these also look like wood tiles so it's another plus point hahaha.. (ya pictures dun show tt o.o)

thanks so much for your info. appreciate it.

Princess, can't paint too many coats over it or it become thicker over the years when you repaint. so must remember to sand off the old paint before applying new coat. :thumbs up:

thanks suyun~ u're right! missed out that point totally.. perhaps we wun paint it after all.. sanding old paint sounds like it'll be bad for health (since the person sanding will end up inhaling the sanded paint).. will remember your advice! =D

question: 1mm glossy laminate for kitchen cabinet top - is it really a bad idea? my colleagues keep warning me that it will warp.. am really worried now cox we chose a 1mm glossy laminate called cloud for the cabinet top as we din wan cream colour (but this is the only one that comes in 2mm) - sobs..

we've started on the talk for the carpentry.. it took a really long time as we addressed a couple of our concerns (including the ease of opening the cabinets, how to solve the issue of the L-shaped wardrobe, study desk and dressing table and settee while maximising the space we can use).. now all that is left are the talk for toilets n laminates~~! kudos to Roy for listening to us.. i think he really has a lot of patience hahaha.. although i must say that he has quite a lot on his hands now.. being sick and having so many people coming up to him for reno o.o

anyway, the service yard windows are up! Pasted a frosted sticker on the green glass =D glad to say that it didn't look as green as I'd thought it'd be.. but when i fold all the three panes together, they end up looking green on pictures o.o

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

PD door up~!

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

invested in a PD door to allow us to install the alkaline water system at the service yard.. we had wanted to explore installing the system hidden in our kitchen cabinet, but that model that could do so cost a whooping 2888, and our close friend who is a salesperson at kemp trading recommended that we take the 1888 version as it is better (less maintenance issues though less features and not as pretty)..

we also went looking for lights~ forgot to take the pictures of the tracklights and downlights that we liked =(

imitation of discoco and artichoke light? looks really diff from the real one.. but i guess it has its own style too..

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg