Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xinyu90

Finally A House To Call It My Own!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

u're lucky to have nice mosaic tiles for your toilets and kitchen! much better than my brownish leaves tiles.. :P

Yupz, agreed. The mosaic tiles look good. Usually HDB gives or uses the o biang one. hahahaz

And Audrey, Your place is huge, can imagine the bar counter! cool sia~

I've got an idea! Can try hanging wine glass rack! If you like wine hahaz

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Must admit kitchen is very small...

Still figuring which place to put fridge + hob + sink...

Maybe that's my dilemma for the kitchen...

u're lucky to have nice mosaic tiles for your toilets and kitchen! much better than my brownish leaves tiles.. :P

Thanks! And Yes, I was surprised that my main door and gate was so beautiful as well except the flooring for both toilets and kitchen its not to my liking but we'll live with it for now, other then that the mosaic tiles seems okay for our view too cause when we do the kitchen cabinet and stuffs it'll most likely be all covered up so only toilets are the most original state! :)

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to Renotalk T-blog!

Have a smooth sailing renovation!

Cheers,

Jaskel

Thanks Jaskel, Really hope so that it'll be smooth and not any major issues! :)

Yupz, agreed. The mosaic tiles look good. Usually HDB gives or uses the o biang one. hahahaz

And Audrey, Your place is huge, can imagine the bar counter! cool sia~

I've got an idea! Can try hanging wine glass rack! If you like wine hahaz

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

LOL, I feel you regarding the o biang ones that we used to see in HDBs! :)

And Thanks! It's actually not that HUGE because wait till you see the rooms! The bedrooms are all tiny and we've been cracking our heads to work around the space!

But true to that, Yes I like wine and cocktails and I know how to make mocktails so the bar counter is the one I'm looking forward to other then my wardrobe and dressing table! We're getting a wine chiller instead together with our mini fridge and coffee maker etc etc, basically all the drinks stuffs! But yeah we're doing a wine glass rack def for all the different sizes of the glasses! :)

Must admit kitchen is very small...

Still figuring which place to put fridge + hob + sink...

Maybe that's my dilemma for the kitchen...

YESSS, Kitchen is small to the max!

I'm putting my fridge at the longer side of the kitchen with the cooker and hood, then the kitchen sink on the other side cause the sink outlet happens to be on the shorter side of the kitchen!

Which unit is yours huh? I realised that units are all very far apart from each other and mine is right at the end! *Imagine all the walking to and fro to the rubbish chute from my unit!*

Start reno so late? Thats 4 mths after and when are you moving in though? I probably already hope to be staying before oct! :)

Audrey

And here the photo tour continues because here's all the rooms photos! :)

Rooms are small and tiny, wells, my friend's condo unit is about the same size as my current flat though so for a vest price difference, I guess I'm pretty good cause afterall its your own cosy home!

First room you'll see in my house would be bedroom 2, That room is for my parents and they want it simple and clean so they'll renovate their own small yet cosy room! :)

bedroom2w.jpg

Up Next, Bedroom 1!

Part of the wall would be hacked to create a walk in from Master Bedroom so we can walk to and fro between these two rooms!

my baby boy would be sleeping in this room, a small bed for him even though we foresee that he will stick to us in sleeping or with my mum!

Also a mini study/work table with shelves, and my huge wardrobe + a dressing table would be here as well cause I have tons of items and clothings due to my jobs! :)

* Left side of the room is covered cause of the angle! so just imagine it to be bigger then what you see here*

bedroom1v.jpg

And of course the walk way to the rooms! :)

Which you'll also see that my master bedroom itself have a mini walk way before you turn and see the actual room!

hallwaytobedrooms.jpg

And here's the Master Bedroom! :)

There'll be a wardrobe for my husband's clothings and stuffs, doing a platform bed, then we have the bay window with storage and some shelving around the room! :)

masterroom2.jpg

Last but not least, The master room toilet! :)

Taking away the basin and doing a cabinet with our own choosen basin and mirror instead and some racks at the corner for stuffs! :)

* Again due to angle, front half of the toilet isnt taken! Sorry for that! *

mastertoilet3.jpg

So that basically sums up the photo tour of the pre renovations and a ideal of how my house is! Overall I'm thrilled cause its going to be my own place! And down point would be I cant do much to the toilet reno due to the 3 year hdb rule and didnt wanna overlay it so yikes! :bangwall:

But it wouldnt be a long term flat as well cause we intend to stay for 5 years only and move as the area is actually not that accessible to transport unless you drive so yep I got no choice but to take my driving license now! Plus the buy low sell high pricing we would probable get 5 years later would be enough to renovate the next one nicely yet still have a sum to put aside I guess! * Prays that property price wont drop 5 years later! *

Now already shortlisted 2 ID firms and awaiting for the second finalized quotation before we start to confirm either one and do works! Would write another post on my search and thoughts for choosing ID/Contractors when we confirm! :)

So how do you guys think? :yamseng:

Audrey

Shall start to post photos of the empty and virgin house of mine! It was in this state when I got my keys and without any doors cause we didnt want the doors from hdb inside the house and tiles as we wanna do it ourselves!

So I will slowly introduce picture by picture for better understanding! :)

This is the walkway towards the main door

walkwayatentrance.jpg

This is our small and cosy kitchen of the left side with sink therekitchenleftside.jpg

And the right side of the kitchen where fridge and cooker would be placed!kitchenrightside3.jpg

And the Service Yard!serviceyard.jpg

And right side of the service yard for washing maching and dryer!

serviceyardforwashingma.jpg

Audrey

Nice kitchen tiles u have and 2 louvres window at each side,cooking and washing while enjoy scenery outside :sport-smiley-004:

Also notice your rooms don't have bay window very spacious

Post more pics to share

Nice kitchen tiles u have and 2 louvres window at each side,cooking and washing while enjoy scenery outside :sport-smiley-004:

Also notice your rooms don't have bay window very spacious

Post more pics to share

Thanks! Seems like everyone's loving the kichen tiles that HDB has done! But yeah first time got such nice view when cooking and washing clothes!

Yeah no bay windows but we're doing one for the master room for storage and putting our laptops! :)

I dont have more pictures of the virgin house le, perhaps shall start to post photos only when renovations are up and going, doing tiling first tomorrow by my father for the living/dining and passage ways! ♥♥♥

Audrey

Edited by xinyu90

Been super busy lately with all the shopping for furnitures, electrical and comparing prices!!!

Some minor updates!

I've finally choosen and decided on my ID! After all the many IDs/Contractors I've talked to and stuffs, finally there's one who fits all my criteria and best of all, someone that can click well and always know what I wanted even when sometimes I dont understand what I'm saying also! LOL! (Shall write up a post on my ID selection soon!)

Also my living/dining area and Bedroom 2 flooring is finally done... Pretty much a few hiccups during this process of tiling works these two parts but am glad all went well! Will share photos soon and updates!

Now just gotta start on painting and finding the air con which i feel is a headache, anyone esp seniors here have good recommandation for either panasonic or mitsubishi system 3 inverter air con?

Cause heard alot of horror storries like bad installations and super lousy services and follow ups on certain companies hence the major headache now on AC!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!

Will update with photos soon, and thanks for helping me with the recommandation if have pretty please :)

Audrey :yamseng:

Time for some pictures on earlier progress, I haven been updating! But no one here's to talk on this topic too!! :(

Anyways, Here's the photos for when we do the tiling for living/diner and the first bedroom! (Tiles are from Hafary)

* It was raining just when they were starting work, Speak about good weather man and the packets of sand and cement for laying!*

img2050ov.jpg

*The China Man in charge of doing all the tiling works, My Dad engaged him cause his tiling skills are really superb! You'll see the photos in awhile and you'll know! *

img2051t.jpg

*Tiling done, this is a corner of the Living Room near the window! *

img1982x.jpg

* The Bar Counter area, one side of the dining area *

img1983bj.jpg

* View from the Main Door *

img1988e.jpg

And then to be Continued on the photo of tiling!....

Audrey

Time for some pictures on earlier progress, I haven been updating! But no one here's to talk on this topic too!! :(

Anyways, Here's the photos for when we do the tiling for living/diner and the first bedroom! (Tiles are from Hafary)

* It was raining just when they were starting work, Speak about good weather man and the packets of sand and cement for laying!*

img2050ov.jpg

*The China Man in charge of doing all the tiling works, My Dad engaged him cause his tiling skills are really superb! You'll see the photos in awhile and you'll know! *

img2051t.jpg

*Tiling done, this is a corner of the Living Room near the window! *

img1982x.jpg

* The Bar Counter area, one side of the dining area *

img1983bj.jpg

* View from the Main Door *

img1988e.jpg

And then to be Continued on the photo of tiling!....

Audrey

very nice tiles u have there.

* A close-up on the tiles at main door way! *

img1986oy.jpg

* Even nearer close-up on the lining of the tiles! *

img1989y.jpg

* And the room tiling, Room tile was choosen by my dad *

img1990ei.jpg

* Close-up to show the tiling that it was place very straight together with living room tiles! *

img1992hl.jpg

Overall I would say I'm very pleased with the tiling works done by this person as engaged by my dad! Really neat work and very professional and fast, he finished all these in just like 5 days work with no detection of any hollow tiles!! If I get my second home next time, I would ask him to help me do again!!

Audrey

Edited by xinyu90