Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sandal

Steps In Throwing Ong Lai

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi sandal, last time I remember to have grains of rice n salt scattered around the house too!!

If doing renovation with hacking. Think have you have to use hammer n do the first knock.. Action action onli

i don't believe. Let me give u a true case.

according to my last agent for my unit condo, there are only 2 buyers, me and a christian family. That was in Sars period, that time only few buyers to this current unit (last owner bankrupt - overpaid for the price of condo in year 2000) i m staying.

I was informed that the christian family pass a cheque to the agent first, then i came in later. Both gave the same amount. It is up to agent to decide which cheque to give to bank to confirm the purchase.

The agent told me that he is piss off with that family because nothing confirm yet, they start to scatter rice as a ritual, etc all over the place as though they own it .

I did not scatter any rice, except paying agent extra commission and i win the bid.

Money talks !

I think it is just like a tradition way for Chinese ba..

Ong lai aka pineapple is believe to be good luck!! :)

Maybe some jus do it for good luck! :)

First throw sea salt at all corners and every room in the house (this is to ward off evil spirits)

Next throw rice in every rooms

Then throw coins (5/10/20 cent coin) in every rooms (limit to less than $10 for whole house)

Last pray with pineapples, oranges, apples with joss stick (for Christian can ask your ID or contractor to help you pray, they pray for smooth renovation and huat arh!)

Huat arh!

Edited by taichipanda

i don't believe. Let me give u a true case.

according to my last agent for my unit condo, there are only 2 buyers, me and a christian family. That was in Sars period, that time only few buyers to this current unit (last owner bankrupt - overpaid for the price of condo in year 2000) i m staying.

I was informed that the christian family pass a cheque to the agent first, then i came in later. Both gave the same amount. It is up to agent to decide which cheque to give to bank to confirm the purchase.

The agent told me that he is piss off with that family because nothing confirm yet, they start to scatter rice as a ritual, etc all over the place as though they own it .

I did not scatter any rice, except paying agent extra commission and i win the bid.

Money talks !

Christian family doing the rituals???

sea salt is those for marine fish type 1??

Me don have a religion. So i think i will follow yours haha

You can use those for marine fish but should be more expensive bah. I bought the big crystalise salt so long the label on packaging wrote is "sea salt" will do.

Edited by taichipanda

Christian family doing the rituals???

quite a number also do up fengshui in their house, especially business men. Anyway, fengshui is not related to any religion.

To Kalimantan. I understand condo buyer need not pay commission to housing agent but the seller. Has it been change?

no change.

seller is a bank who possess the condo unit (and i bought it from a bankruptcy)

First throw sea salt at all corners and every room in the house (this is to ward off evil spirits)

Next throw rice in every rooms

Then throw coins (5/10/20 cent coin) in every rooms (limit to less than $10 for whole house)

Last pray with pineapples, oranges, apples with joss stick (for Christian can ask your ID or contractor to help you pray, they pray for smooth renovation and huat arh!)

Huat arh!

Forgot to say; please throw the sea salt in every corners and every room generously, empty the whole package if you have to, DO NOT bring the balance salt home for cooking. No Chinese workers from your contractors/subcons will be bother to pick up the coins on the floor, it is usually the Indian foreign workers that pick them up, let them be, do not scold them, is a sign of good fortune if there are any coins bury under the tiles.