Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
star70

好家ho!

Tks Casa

Hi potatoes - overall is maintained quite well, but very old designs and aged. Definately a overhaul for us since we intend to change all the tiles, and rooms to laminate (currently tiles). As you can see the bathroom, the vanity is also in a weird position (where the shower is), so definately all these will change.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi

if budget allows... i would hack all and redo all new to my design, theme and style.

saw your drawing, can i know your furniture is draw to correct measurement?

hi

if budget allows... i would hack all and redo all new to my design, theme and style.

Hi - TV console ard 6 feet (as per current design), so 1.8m, Sofa we bought 2.1m (7 feet), so i think 90% accuracy ba.

dining table also bought liao - 1.8m, by 90cm.

Edited by star70

hi

Btw i wanted to ask you regarding the quartz top.

one contractor quoted me iQuartz but i see this top not common, and some posts i see, similar hardness to granite.

What's meant by per foot run? is it length?

Edited by star70

Btw i wanted to ask you regarding the quartz top.

one contractor quoted me iQuartz but i see this top not common, and some posts i see, similar hardness to granite.

What's meant by per foot run? is it length?

Yupz bingo~ it's the length of your cabinet/feature wall/tv console/etc hahaz So per foot run means per 1 feet.

hmmm... iquartz got limited choices tho (6 if i din rem wrongly:) Its origin is China. And according to iQuartz hardness is equal to granite. :D

The other 2 more common Quartz top brands will be Caesarstone and Silestone. Origin from Italy and Spain.

:yamseng:

Not sure if iQuartz has thickness of 20mm and 30mm, so far i only heard of 15mm and i dont like them due to the fact that they have limited colors.

Originally i was prepare to pay higher price for SilesStone Zeus Extreme (voted the whitest quartz in the world) 20mm thickness, on measurement day the sales came tell me no stock for 20mm, ask me to take 12mm but price no change ( :curse: ), immediately contact CaesarStone to come take measurement and confirmed the 20mm thickness.

Out of the 3 brands, iQuartz is the cheapest. Mike said it's from China but i think is made in Singapore at their plant in Senoko(i maybe wrong). :dunno: CaesarStone is between $200-$250 per foot run (pfr) in length and from what i know they have 2 factories, the first one is in Israel, the second one which is also the newer factory dont know where. :dunno: SilesStone Zeus Extreme is $280 pfr, made in Spain. :good:

Diamond is 10 on the MOHS scale

Natural Quartz is 7 on the MOHS scale

Man-made Quartz is 6-7 on the MOHS scale

Granite only has about 20% of natural quartz in them so cannot be same hardness as Man-made Quartz. :yamseng:

Hi taichipanda- thanks for your detailed info, so you contacted CaesarStone yourself, not through contractor?

Not sure if iQuartz has thickness of 20mm and 30mm, so far i only heard of 15mm and i dont like them due to the fact that they have limited colors.

Originally i was prepare to pay higher price for SilesStone Zeus Extreme (voted the whitest quartz in the world) 20mm thickness, on measurement day the sales came tell me no stock for 20mm, ask me to take 12mm but price no change ( :curse: ), immediately contact CaesarStone to come take measurement and confirmed the 20mm thickness.

Out of the 3 brands, iQuartz is the cheapest. Mike said it's from China but i think is made in Singapore at their plant in Senoko(i maybe wrong). :dunno: CaesarStone is between $200-$250 per foot run (pfr) in length and from what i know they have 2 factories, the first one is in Israel, the second one which is also the newer factory dont know where. :dunno: SilesStone Zeus Extreme is $280 pfr, made in Spain. :good:

Granite only has about 20% of natural quartz in them so cannot be same hardness as Man-made Quartz. :yamseng:

Edited by star70

Wellz iQuartz only got 15mm thickness... Yupz Tachipanda is right... Their plant in Singapore but the Quartz Origin came from China ( The raw material :D ) They have only 1 testing cert from Setsco~ Warranty :dunno:

Silestone ex cuz their products go through lots of certification like ISO BV, NSF etc. They also got 10 years warranty. But there's only 1 distributor in Singapore.

Caesarstone also ex. They can be said are the pioneer of Quartz tops. Also alot of certs~ lol ISO, NSF, LEED etc. :bow: And they provide warranty as well depending on the product.

hahaz tachipanda~ the MOHS of Granite depends on its composition... But will have at least 20% Quartz ( MOHS 7 ) and at least 35% Feldspar ( MOHS 6.5 ) plus other "ingredients" hehez :P so similar to Quartz top ba :D Both are more scratch resistant than normal Solid surface top. The downside of Granite top is the maintenance lo :o . More effort needed.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Thanks all for the input.

Granite is definately out for me.

Does thickness matters (btw 15mm n 20mm) or only preferance?

Is Iquartz's Quartz comparatively good as compared to Ceaserstone/Silestone..actually my only concern is that it shall be heat resistant, stain resistant n scratch resistant..so i dun really mind the brand if iQuartz can meet this objectives. I am ok with their limited colors as well.

There's actually another brand in the market "Hanstone"from korea by Hanwah corp

Thickness 20mm consider mid range in price compare to caesar and silestone

Heat resistant I don't think so

As scratch and stain resistant u can always ask the supplier for a pcs of sample go back and try

For hanstone yes scratch and stain resistant coz I have tested but out of budget in the end :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks all for the input.

Granite is definately out for me.

Does thickness matters (btw 15mm n 20mm) or only preferance?

Is Iquartz's Quartz comparatively good as compared to Ceaserstone/Silestone..actually my only concern is that it shall be heat resistant, stain resistant n scratch resistant..so i dun really mind the brand if iQuartz can meet this objectives. I am ok with their limited colors as well.

Nope thickness is preference lo... some like thinner ones - for sleekness feel/design while others like thicker ones to showcase the countertop. more material but bulky tho :)

Yupz it's heat resistant, stain resistant and scratch resistant, not proof ah rem :P But of cos have to take care and maintain the countertop cuz even the best material will succumb to wear and tear overtime :D

Can share maintaining tips with u if u want hehez :thumbs up:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Nice squarish layout, you won't get that with the new flats now.

If I may suggest, why not knock the walls off the store and enlarge both bedrooms. You could reposition the door frames for both to face the living and you'd have much bigger bedrooms.

This is my planning for now. Please give your comments.

amendedfloorplan.png