Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokechye

Our First Home Sweet Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

show the supplier b4, they say no problem, that's y the term of "custom made"... haha... :bow:

Oh haa... but abit wasted la. Cos the current one very good quality.

The sliding glass door is readjusted to flush with the entrance wall and top track is cut to the correct length. Just nice :good:

p1030028u.jpg

I also managed to adjust the starter in the kitchen light so that the light won't create a shadow previously. :sport-smiley-018:

p1030029f.jpg

And here comes the only blum system in the whole house. choose to use this as the door will be used most frequently. for durability purpose, we decided on this. :good:

p1030030i.jpg

Edited by yokechye

Today, most of the electrical items are completed. Our oven is also fixed up and now the kitchen looks complete. Also Citygas had came to connect and turn on the gas :sport-smiley-004:

p1030033k.jpg

The electrician is also here to connect the water heater fixed up by the plumber

p1030034c.jpg

while he was connecting the wire, I stayed there and look. For very very long, I wonder how come the water pipe is running like MRT. I walked close up and then..... :o why did this happened!

p1030035q.jpg

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: How come the plumber fix the pipes in this way!!!!! :curse: :curse: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I asked my electrician, and he took a look, and agreed with me that the plumber have connected it wrongly. We took a pic and sent to my contractor and the plumber will come down again to check. :jawdrop: how can a plumber do such thing???? Either the plumber is color blind or the building contractor paste the sticker or laid the pipe wrongly. :curse:

Hi yokechye,

It's me! Just ordered the same Kraus sink as you last night!

No, I'm not stalking you... My unit is right opposite yours, but at a much lower floor!! So our units shld be mirror reflection, though mine is smaller area.

Need your advice again!!

I noticed your bedroom wardrobe is a sliding door wardrobe. But according to my contractor, it's not feasible as we only have 600mm depth and he requires at least 680mm for sliding door wardrobes. It can only be done if we dun mind a narrower depth, meaning our clothes might not hang straight, it'll be slanted, dunno if u get wat I mean.

From your floorplan, we seem to hv the same amt of space behind tt door... is it possible that you measure the internal depth and also the depth of your sliding door tracks for me? Thanks so much?

Possible for me to drop by your place to hv a look at your reno?

Btw its not Prince Lee...

its Prince William...

no joking... :yamseng:

Haha... Ya i read it in the papers this morning. Strathmore Green! Where can get British flag??

Eh.... you have no refridgerator??

Hey, thanks for dropping by my T-blog!

Our fridge is not here yet cos now doing cleaning and touching up. Well be delivered in 2 weeks time.

As for the wardrobe, we hacked the wardrobe wall and shifted it into the common bedroom to get the required depth for sliding door

Hey, thanks for dropping by my T-blog!

Our fridge is not here yet cos now doing cleaning and touching up. Well be delivered in 2 weeks time.

As for the wardrobe, we hacked the wardrobe wall and shifted it into the common bedroom to get the required depth for sliding door

Ahh... Tt explains it. We thot of doing tt but end up decided not to hack anything. Will stick to casement door then.

But where u put the fridge huh?

Edited by animalbiscuit

Possible for me to drop by your place to hv a look at your reno?

oh by the way, you can drop by anytime. As our reno is almost completed, the guys won't be around most of the time. Over the weekends I will be there doing some cleaning. just drop me an sms if you want to and check if we are around.

wow, bought from taobao a few times, but didn't think of asking seller to send to me direct.

so you did not use any delivery service like Hoyoyo or 65daigou?

then how did you make payment? by credit card or alipay?

very good idea, and probably cheaper than any of those shipping services >.<

going thru my t=blog and I think I had missed out your post! :P

I made payment by credit and didn't use any third party delivery service. Not sure if it is cheaper though but mine is via SF Express which is used by the seller for the delivery. Service very good and fast delivery just like DHL. maybe that way this more expensive? :unsure:

However, they are still cheaper than getting one of the similar quality in SG.

Hi,

Am very keen to get the same items as you did. Would you happen to have the email address of the seller?

Btw, how did you pass the Chinese HP number verification for Taobao?

Cheers

John

going thru my t=blog and I think I had missed out your post! :P

I made payment by credit and didn't use any third party delivery service. Not sure if it is cheaper though but mine is via SF Express which is used by the seller for the delivery. Service very good and fast delivery just like DHL. maybe that way this more expensive? :unsure:

However, they are still cheaper than getting one of the similar quality in SG.

Hi,

Am very keen to get the same items as you did. Would you happen to have the email address of the seller?

Btw, how did you pass the Chinese HP number verification for Taobao?

Cheers

John

Hey bro, I do not have the email address of the seller. We communicated via the live chat available in taobao. The respond is very fast :sport-smiley-004: but all the conversation is in mandarin,

I used my SG mobile number for registration. i.e. 659xxxxxxx no problem with the verification.