Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

S590 & S790 should be similar, only the later got 2 hdmi ports. What is your next upgrade?

What HOT tag? :dunno::bleah:

hahaha banned from anymore upgrade for the rest of the year by my wife :no: however I'm looking at DAC now while saving some bullets :P

What do you recommend? :notti:

hahaha banned from anymore upgrade for the rest of the year by my wife :no: however I'm looking at DAC now while saving some bullets :P

What do you recommend? :notti:

there are so many DACs out there, it really depends on your taste, what I liked may not be yours. Also, your budget plays a part in it too.

You can opt for Oppo105, it is equipped with Sabre dac, 2 in fact, 1 each for stereo & multi channel playback.

Aside, there are Benchmark Dac2, Mytek DSD Dac, Teac UD501, NAD M51, Audiolab M-Dac, Musical Fidelity M1 Dac. You got deep pocket, can go for Playback designs, Invicta. Which means you can upgrade your speakers and amp again.

Personally I'm using Audiolab M-Dac, pretty decent to me. Imaging & clarity is up to my standard, however, I had ordered Teac 501 to try out due to DSD. If the Teac dac suits well for me, I might sell Audiolab M-Dac, although I do like Audiolab M-Dac.

What I like may not be what you like though. You can pop by my place for a listen to my dac if you are keen. Who knows, you might be the buyer of my dac? :notti:

Ong, now with this new iDA ruling, does it mean no need to worry abt cabling liao? Since it will come with it? Anyone have any idea what they mean by having fibre pre-install? Does this include Ethernet cabling to each room? I don't have full details as I read it off CNA.

Still overseas leh.

there are so many DACs out there, it really depends on your taste, what I liked may not be yours. Also, your budget plays a part in it too.

You can opt for Oppo105, it is equipped with Sabre dac, 2 in fact, 1 each for stereo & multi channel playback.

Aside, there are Benchmark Dac2, Mytek DSD Dac, Teac UD501, NAD M51, Audiolab M-Dac, Musical Fidelity M1 Dac. You got deep pocket, can go for Playback designs, Invicta. Which means you can upgrade your speakers and amp again.

Personally I'm using Audiolab M-Dac, pretty decent to me. Imaging & clarity is up to my standard, however, I had ordered Teac 501 to try out due to DSD. If the Teac dac suits well for me, I might sell Audiolab M-Dac, although I do like Audiolab M-Dac.

What I like may not be what you like though. You can pop by my place for a listen to my dac if you are keen. Who knows, you might be the buyer of my dac? :notti:

hahaha that's so many DACsss :dunno: will need to slowly audition :P

Might need to drop by your place to listen to your awesome setup and learn something from you to fine tune my setup since we have almost the same setup ;) Yes I might be your potential buyer to the Mdac, who knows :lol:

So when is your Teac arriving and what the damage? :notti:

Ong, now with this new iDA ruling, does it mean no need to worry abt cabling liao? Since it will come with it? Anyone have any idea what they mean by having fibre pre-install? Does this include Ethernet cabling to each room? I don't have full details as I read it off CNA.

Still overseas leh.

Seems so, didn't states clearly for those purchased before 1 May whether they are entitled, ie those bought via BTO etc. Check with HDB for your case.

hahaha that's so many DACsss :dunno: will need to slowly audition :P

Might need to drop by your place to listen to your awesome setup and learn something from you to fine tune my setup since we have almost the same setup ;) Yes I might be your potential buyer to the Mdac, who knows :lol:

So when is your Teac arriving and what the damage? :notti:

Erm...mine not as awesome as you thought la, just normal setup within our budget range. I had heard far even better than mine, really wow me. My HT settings might not works for you since our placement could be different in our own house. Everything plays a part in it.

My Teac got delayed, should be in next Wednesday. :thumbs up: What is your budget on your dac?

Seems so, didn't states clearly for those purchased before 1 May whether they are entitled, ie those bought via BTO etc. Check with HDB for your case.

Erm...mine not as awesome as you thought la, just normal setup within our budget range. I had heard far even better than mine, really wow me. My HT settings might not works for you since our placement could be different in our own house. Everything plays a part in it.

My Teac got delayed, should be in next Wednesday. :thumbs up: What is your budget on your dac?

At this moment, no specific budget but should be less than $1k

At this moment, no specific budget but should be less than $1k

Can try 2nd hand DAC then. Should hear improvement from your source. By the way, what kind of genre of music you are in?

Pretty shag from our 3rd renotalk gathering at Kim's nest. Pot luck as usual. Started from 3pm & we had our dinner at midnight! :notti:

Here comes the combo!

91656559-49F9-4BFC-BF3D-52E238561F44-111

Dragonnite's Quiche

C514C529-E785-4C89-A6E1-FD6F6B0F64B6-111

BeeJeeBee's chicken wings, my dead spot!

4008FD6E-BB14-4EC0-A634-AEC0FC713F73-111

My contribution

17B54B2E-7227-489F-861D-93A577CB0A8B-111

Close-up

84C68342-EA27-4630-B686-CFA93351A27F-111

Edited by ongcs

Con't

Watcheong's missus master piece!

5F29DF8D-0E8B-496A-96FC-ED841133E0F8-111

Close-up

4375449D-302C-44EF-9280-7F46F0D214A9-111

Some nespresso capsule sampling for the ladies (Left to right; Top: Hazelnut, Linizio, Coconut, Bottom: Napoli, Macadamia & Trieste)

7F51B671-4EA3-4E22-BB06-758E1037F13D-111

Edited by ongcs

Went to Ikea with nothing in mind, walked around & realised I should hunt for a bigger shelf to house my blurays. In the end opt for Besta disc shelf. Bought 2 different sizes with intention to wall mount them. On top of that, I bought a mobile trolley for my tidbits.

Reached home already late so managed to assemble this only. Will leave the Besta shelf till Saturday.

Some pictures of course!

Raw form

31745CB2-D05D-497B-8C77-131AC78F564D-778

Finished product

0A924287-7B41-4D1A-BE6F-70D9CB9176C8-778

Another angle

A82F8114-85F0-443E-A2AA-E63B10DEBB02-778

My tidbits on low stock status

8BF44B43-AF39-4BD8-B459-C35F4A2CB401-778

Final location

044BF2EE-8F7E-4594-8DD7-01E6CCE8FEB9-778

Edited by ongcs

This seems to be everyone's favorite trolley and the color is simply irresistible, right? I hope they will keep this for awhile and come out with seasonal colors!