Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Looks good! Very neat... Time to have another gathering at your place... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Bro Ong, I just got the Cayin A88T and connected to my system (consist of RX6 Front & Center; RX1 surround; RXW12; Sony Bluray; AC Ryan Mini2! and Onkyo 818) However, I don't see a tremendous amount of sound improvement :( Is this normal?

Currently my bluray player is my source for both CD, Bluray and digital music; connected to the cayin via RCA (Belden Canare I think). Onkyo pre-out (Front speakers) to Cayin pre-in via RCA too. Cayin will act as power amplifier for my HT. Is this connection correct?

Bro Ong, I just got the Cayin A88T and connected to my system (consist of RX6 Front & Center; RX1 surround; RXW12; Sony Bluray; AC Ryan Mini2! and Onkyo 818) However, I don't see a tremendous amount of sound improvement :( Is this normal?

Currently my bluray player is my source for both CD, Bluray and digital music; connected to the cayin via RCA (Belden Canare I think). Onkyo pre-out (Front speakers) to Cayin pre-in via RCA too. Cayin will act as power amplifier for my HT. Is this connection correct?

Alamak, you went in too fast, not such what kind of improvement you are expecting though, Music or HT? Your connection for music & HT are correct.

In term of music, just rca connection from source to cayin alone, I hear great improvement compared to my AVR, it is day & night apart.

For HT wise, RX6 seems to drive better, more power in action movie & musical for concert. Did you set RX6 to "full band" in your AVR? Also try Triode for HT & Ultralinear for Music.

I'm looking for music improvement...maybe I should listen again to my original configuration :P Btw r you connecting to 8ohm or 4ohm for your front speakers?

My RX6 speakers are set to "small" in my avr...I will try your recommendation for Triode and Ultralinear

During Audyssey calibration, do I set my cayin at pre-in? Thanks for the advice thus far

I did AB comparison a few times with my missus, both agreed that it is our best buy for music improvement without even adding DAC into the chain yet. I'm using Sony S790, are you? Do not expect too much from a BRP still, a decent CD/SACD transport like Oppo 105 will far exceeds that even.

I tried 8ohm and 16ohm, prefers 16ohm though. Dont really like 4ohm mode, too overpowered to me. In theory, should use 8ohm. You have to set Cayin to "pre-In" mode during the audyssey, if not, can't locate your front speakers. :no: Do note, no need to raise any volume at pre-in, your volume control should be via AVR.

Does that mean that you will be getting DAC next? :notti:

Edited by ongcs

I'm only on s590...maybe consider a cdp in future ;)

Will try different ohm input to find which suit me the most and also recalibrate my system

THANKS for all the advice

I'm only on s590...maybe consider a cdp in future ;)

Will try different ohm input to find which suit me the most and also recalibrate my system

THANKS for all the advice

S590 & S790 should be similar, only the later got 2 hdmi ports. What is your next upgrade?

ong just realised ur thread got HOT tag one hor.... hahaha 还害死真多人

What HOT tag? :dunno::bleah: