Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Hi denimart, did u study ard old airport rd when u were young? Haha..

Actu my parents' place is at old airport rd, and same as u, we used to live in rental flats at Dakota crescent for decades till in the late 90s we had the priority to choose pine close new flats n thus shifted across the street.

This is an awesome neighborhood. Great food ( u'll never starve with the big hawker centre, numerous coffee shops, grocery shops, 24hrs mac, 24hrs NTUC all within a stone throw), accessibility (it takes me 3min to reach circle line station) and great schools ard. Only now that I m researching on nursery for my baby, that I realized Mountbatten Square has many of the real gd nurserys & child care!

But sad to say I'll b shifting to another mature estate as my bto is already undergoing last stage of Reno! I'll miss this area for sure!

Hi apple, when I was younger I studied at Lasalle SIA for a couple of years. We did not live at Dakota but the 30 years old flat within where our place now. Strange is only few of these older flats within our area...the rest are the newer flats. During even my younger younger years, I remember these areas were covered by those 4-5th levels old flats like Tiong Bahru style flats. Those days were pretty jialat, now it is such a wonderful neighbourhood. :) We actually didn't really like the existence of Mountbatten Sq, I rather it to be a plain field like few years back. On the other hand, we are pretty glad that it is Mountbatten Sq instead of other high rise building. I see your new home now, v beautiful done up. Wish u have a smooth move in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi apple, when I was younger I studied at Lasalle SIA for a couple of years. We did not live at Dakota but the 30 years old flat within where our place now. Strange is only few of these older flats within our area...the rest are the newer flats. During even my younger younger years, I remember these areas were covered by those 4-5th levels old flats like Tiong Bahru style flats. Those days were pretty jialat, now it is such a wonderful neighbourhood. :) We actually didn't really like the existence of Mountbatten Sq, I rather it to be a plain field like few years back. On the other hand, we are pretty glad that it is Mountbatten Sq instead of other high rise building. I see your new home now, v beautiful done up. Wish u have a smooth move in.

The 7-storey high flat at that area were en bloc and the resident were give Block 1, 3, 5, 7 and 11 to choose, back in YR2000 and the unit you bought from me is 1 of the left over unit. Last i heard the older flat from Dakota side will be en bloc in future, they have plan for that piece of land for government condo project (maybe DBSS).

The 7-storey high flat at that area were en bloc and the resident were give Block 1, 3, 5, 7 and 11 to choose, back in YR2000 and the unit you bought from me is 1 of the left over unit. Last i heard the older flat from Dakota side will be en bloc in future, they have plan for that piece of land for government condo project (maybe DBSS).

taichipanda, u're really lucky to get the left over unit. those days where they werent balloting system from HDB, ppl get "insider news" and Q overnight at HDB. that's what my SIL did and yet she still couldnt get a unit there.

i remember reading that HDB will not intro anymore DBSS.

its a very nice neighbourhood, but pretty noisy too :P

i used to live at those 3 storey high HDB flats! and they are still around as they are conserved by the govt (unique brick structure).

gd and bad with mountbatten Sq. conveniences for parents like me, and also, previously when it was a big grass patch, the area was really manifested with mosquitoes!

thanks for the compliments on my place. i'm waiting to see ur end product (of cos visit if u welcome me.. hehehe) :sport-smiley-004:

taichipanda, u're really lucky to get the left over unit. those days where they werent balloting system from HDB, ppl get "insider news" and Q overnight at HDB. that's what my SIL did and yet she still couldnt get a unit there.

i remember reading that HDB will not intro anymore DBSS.

Extremely lucky indeed cos i am a upgrader from 3 rooms to 4 rooms, i heard from friend in HDB that only 1% chance to get in the balloting exercise. My years in community service pay off.

Extremely lucky indeed cos i am a upgrader from 3 rooms to 4 rooms, i heard from friend in HDB that only 1% chance to get in the balloting exercise. My years in community service pay off.

so which area are u in now?

balloting is like tio toto like that..

I love the reno. Could you PM me the contractor who did your flat?

If you are referring to my reno, then i apologise that the friend that helps me with my reno dont undertake hdb flat project, they only do government tenders, landed and condo projects in large scale. Their firm is not ID or contractor but architectural designer and builder; not wise to engage them unless you have lot of $ to burn. They will do hdb flat for people they know (family, personal friends... etc).

near hill street ckt or not?

heard from my wifey that Block 16 hawker centre (renovation now) has a ckt stall that has long queue whenever they open for business; not sure are they previously from hill street.

If you are referring to my reno, then i apologise that the friend that helps me with my reno dont undertake hdb flat project, they only do government tenders, landed and condo projects in large scale. Their firm is not ID or contractor but architectural designer and builder; not wise to engage them unless you have lot of $ to burn. They will do hdb flat for people they know (family, personal friends... etc).

You have repeated this so many times but still got ppl asking. Don't they read the tblog? Hopefully no one will ask same question again.

heard from my wifey that Block 16 hawker centre (renovation now) has a ckt stall that has long queue whenever they open for business; not sure are they previously from hill street.

Yes it is.

Can I visit you someday to see ur kitchen? Any time to your convenience... I stay really really near you.

You have repeated this so many times but still got ppl asking. Don't they read the tblog? Hopefully no one will ask same question again.

haha... nevermind lah, think they miss it.