Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Yhe problem is contractor didnt apply to hdb, just told us cannot, HDB will only approve provided our window is facing our own balcony. But i went downstair ane look up to all my neighbours, i saw one of them install this type... :(

Today we just receive a letter from hdb approving our permit, think my con has extended e Reno date. Though I never read finish I saw the first few line mentioning the approval of our top hung window inside both bathroom. My con nv bull**** us so this does need to apply permit. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yhe problem is contractor didnt apply to hdb, just told us cannot, HDB will only approve provided our window is facing our own balcony. But i went downstair ane look up to all my neighbours, i saw one of them install this type... :(

Go read the flat's owner copy of your renovation permit, it should have stated clearly what type of window has been approved for installation at which area. The neighbor that has casement window for WC and bathroom in your block may be illegally installed.

The main door cannot go, bo money liao... :bangwall: But con did mention to me before he will paint it white for me, i'm not v sure cos i like the natural color of this wood door...if i paint i can't recover in future so i nv answer him..lol

money can earn back one... your reno so slow, by the time finish will be many months down the road, sure can save $1200 for the half fire rated main door lah. i told you b4, furniture can slowly buy, renovation items better do it once and for all, dont wait.

denimart, you may be interested to see this.

one off project using american white oak as deck material in SG.

just went back recently to see, almost 2 years already, still looking good.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Hi Morgan, what is the cost of doing such? Can it be done in HDB balcony?

The white oak is so deliciously beautiful, love the wood grain. :dribble:

Please remove that iPhone, look so eye-sore!

Hi Denimart,

I totally agree with taichipanda, I believe your white oak hardwood floor will turn out to be quite exquisite! :)

IMG_0417.JPG

Hi Morgan,

Very lovely! And yes , it still looks so good!

Hi Morgan this is an eye opener...two years on and still looks awesome. The grain the grain...beautiful grain!! I'm glad we made the bold move. Btw, did the owner painted dark color to the white oak?

@denimart, ya the whole house was in white oak stained black. the balcony color matches the color of the oak floor inside the house.

@NeoBy, i dont do it already. at that time i am wary of white oak's durability outside also. it was a tedious job as i got to make sure my guys coated all sides of the timber properly, and constructed the deck properly. the owner also agreed to no warranty for this deck, that's why i did it. the price though, was quite reasonable. think i charged less than 2k for it.

However i attribute a large part of the longevity of the oak to the black color chosen. black color blocks sunlight really well.

Thanks. Hey faster do a t-blog, see how difference is our floorplan. R u at cassia?

Yeah I'm at Cassia. Almost done with my reno but haven't got the time to start the t-blog. maybe in the next week or two. :thumbs up:

Thanks. Hey faster do a t-blog, see how difference is our floorplan. R u at cassia?

This is my floor plan. :) Quite similar to most 5 rooms in cassia crescent.

FloorPlan-3.jpg

We were hunting in the mountbattern area for at least 6 months and finally settled on this one mainly because of the floor plan. So since you're interested in floor plans around our area, these are the other 5 rooms we checked out here.

This is in the newer pine close blocks(your block too i think).. I liked the distance of the block to the station but not this floor plan, especially the narrow living room.

3pineclose-floorplan.jpg

And this is in the older pine close block. Super nice big living and dining.. It was a toss up between cassia cres and this and the one, and the bigger mbr and toilet location was the deal clincher.

9PineClose-FloorPlan.jpg

Edited by whitehousey

hello hello...

realised that you are my neighbour. i tried figuring which block u stayed in, and highly possible that we stay in the same block from ur carpark view.

and i grew up and lived at old airport rd all my life (previously was staying at dakota crescent) and talk abt nice food, ask me about it!! hehe.

wow.. can i visit ur house once its done :P

37023310.jpg

Hello taichipanda,

I saw that you have your sink installed as top mount. Do you have any concern over sweeping the debris and water into the sink? And in the long run might cause dirt trap around the rim of the sink?

I am contemplating whether to go for top mount or undermount.

:help:

Hello taichipanda,

I saw that you have your sink installed as top mount. Do you have any concern over sweeping the debris and water into the sink? And in the long run might cause dirt trap around the rim of the sink?

I am contemplating whether to go for top mount or undermount.

:help:

The rim of my sink is not hollow, my plumber glued the entire sink using gel-type silicon onto the Quartz counter top, leaving no gap between them. Even if the anti-fungus compound worn off after a few years, i can redo the silicon myself.

I like top mount, so long the silicon is done properly, dont see there is any problem. Cant say the same for undermount, if your contractor lousy, you will have a lot of problem down the road, water sip through causing the cabinet wood to rot away slowly bit by bit and there is no way to remove or change the sink or fix the rotting cabinet, you will cry if you need to hack away to rebuild.