Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Me too, i also like that floor trap but was talk out by my designer cos he done a drop on the bath area instead of curb, not much floor thickness allowance left if use that floor trap, may jeopardize waterproofing and caused inconvenience to neighbor below.

That is 100% natural solid white oak plank, not engineered wood, laminates or vinyl.

Glad that taichipanda already help me answer this. thanks! :yamseng:

For those that pm me, i will get back to u guys later. Suddenly got flooded with pms overnite..lol I'm kindda slow replying here, am glad u guys can discuss things here. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Few years ago before we bought this place, we actually stay there for 1.5 years. I only heard from friends mention to me the zhi char store at cassia cresent was good however we never try it before. Weird i know, but maybe we got too many choice so this store never came to our mind when we are hungry. But wonder if it is still the same store many years before like my friend had mention?

The seafood fried rice is an express dinner for me very often, add a sunny side up with it. :dribble:

Fa Cai Mui has been there longer than i stay there. Sure is the same stall your friend recommended lah. :yamseng:

No expert here. Not a contractor or ID but previously in this industry for quite a number of years.

About the slowness of his reno, i started reno on my 35 yo 3i on 12 March, i moved in on 16 April and I passed my 4A keys to denimart on the very evening, today is 23 May and his reno only completed the tiling of the kitchen and 2 bathroom, i personally find the process is kind of slow.

Alb, no choice also cos we last min then confirm the contractor job and floor too. No 3D drawing or any drawing we start oredi, never even choose material yet. All these were while doing while choosing material along the way. lol My hacking permit also last min approved. ha :yamseng:

Glad that taichipanda already help me answer this. thanks! :yamseng:

For those that pm me, i will get back to u guys later. Suddenly got flooded with pms overnite..lol I'm kindda slow replying here, am glad u guys can discuss things here. :yamseng:

no need to thanks me. seems like Morgan is going to get flooded by pms or calls asking for quote.

Alb, no choice also cos we last min then confirm the contractor job and floor too. No 3D drawing or any drawing we start oredi, never even choose material yet. All these were while doing while choosing material along the way. lol My hacking permit also last min approved. ha :yamseng:

Look to me your reno will take at least 3 months to fully complete. :bow:

gee... not sure if the cement screed is flat or not, you better ask Morgan to help you check.

seriously i should have push you for 2 more weeks for my new place to be slowly touch up. haha... I was played out by the previous Indian owner, my reno process was very rush; arrangement of various sub con group to come in is very precise, no time to waste and they must do a good job at first go or risk...

Not that i don't wana give u more time...my wife u know women v anxious one...shhhh :help:

Manually spread... too poor to use pre-mix self leveling. hehe...

Alb, u do the cement floor urself? Not kidding me? :jawdrop: Then i better ask my con to check the level again...lol

Alb, u do the cement floor urself? Not kidding me? :jawdrop: Then i better ask my con to check the level again...lol

My workers manually spread by hand lah... it's handmade wor! The stainless steel strips are use to divide the area and a guide for level.

You can get Morgan to check again just to make sure. You are in good hand, worst case scenario just use a few buckets of self leveling pre-mixed. :yamseng:

hmm, if its spread manually then i got to check the flatness liao.

Funny you asking me about the flatness and even ask me about manually spread or self level pre-mixed... one look at the cement screed uneven tone, you should know it is spread manually. Using self leveling pre-mixed usually has a uniform tone throughout the whole area.

:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

white oak is actually more hardy than teak.

its RARE to see ppl install oak is bcoz its relatively unknown and not alot of ppl doesn't understand the properties of wood flooring.

i really like the white oak flooring but too bad i am not replacing my bedroom flooring. so no chance to explore other alternatives other than re-polishing the parquet..

teak can be found in south east asia, white oak only in north america. maybe that is why seldom ppl use oak loh.

i also like solid wood flooring but due to budget, no choice, choose laminate instead. will save more $$ to do solid wood platform in the future! :sport-smiley-004:

Funny you asking me about the flatness and even ask me about manually spread or self level pre-mixed... one look at the cement screed uneven tone, you should know it is spread manually. Using self leveling pre-mixed usually has a uniform tone throughout the whole area.

sigh....alb. wish i had known you earlier. could have avoid some of my present problems....

Morgan just wana be sure lah. :yamseng::) Thanks Morgan, see u soon :sport-smiley-004:

So taichipanda = albert huh? There was another albertchng in the forum, also quite knowledgeable.. Same pax or not huh?

Yar, maydream, i meant g-spa at badminton hall. Din know they have special service wor!!!

Oh, can pop by egg3 cafe too... Think its also nearby if u r looking for a some spacious aircon dining in the vicinity. Prices not cheap for such a location.