Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Looking good! Can't wait to see your oak floors done up.

I'm actually in the same area too and will be doing a mini T-blog soon.

BTW, have you tried the zhi char at 34 cassia crescent, it was featured on the Sunday times last week. Super yummy.. You can even phone in your order and just pick it up. :)

Love the location!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DSCF2218.jpg

The white oak were so beautiful I must say. Look at the grains...

DSCF2234.jpg

I like that floor trap. I almost going to get it. But i am thinking about the cleaning issue. How are we going to get rid of the stuff like hair which always trap at that area after shower. We have the habit of making the toilet hair-free and clean after each shower. :unsure:

And by the way, i really like that wood plank! Is it engineered wood? or laminated flooring? Gorgeous! :good:

I like that floor trap. I almost going to get it. But i am thinking about the cleaning issue. How are we going to get rid of the stuff like hair which always trap at that area after shower. We have the habit of making the toilet hair-free and clean after each shower. :unsure:

And by the way, i really like that wood plank! Is it engineered wood? or laminated flooring? Gorgeous! :good:

Me too, i also like that floor trap but was talk out by my designer cos he done a drop on the bath area instead of curb, not much floor thickness allowance left if use that floor trap, may jeopardize waterproofing and caused inconvenience to neighbor below.

That is 100% natural solid white oak plank, not engineered wood, laminates or vinyl.

wow..tachipanda sounds like an expert in renovating...R u a contractor/ID? u give a lot of technical comments and also abt slowness..blah blah blah

No expert here. Not a contractor or ID but previously in this industry for quite a number of years.

About the slowness of his reno, i started reno on my 35 yo 3i on 12 March, i moved in on 16 April and I passed my 4A keys to denimart on the very evening, today is 23 May and his reno only completed the tiling of the kitchen and 2 bathroom, i personally find the process is kind of slow.

BTW, have you tried the zhi char at 34 cassia crescent, it was featured on the Sunday times last week. Super yummy.. You can even phone in your order and just pick it up. :)

Love the location!

That zhi char stall at the corner coffee shop is Fa發 Cai财 Mui妹, you can ask Cynthia for her mobile number so next time you can phone in your order or make reservation. The same coffee shop in the morning got long queue at 2 other stalls, the wanton mee stall and the hand-make bao.

That zhi char stall at the corner coffee shop is Fa發 Cai财 Mui妹, you can ask Cynthia for her mobile number so next time you can phone in your order or make reservation. The same coffee shop in the morning got long queue at 2 other stalls, the wanton mee stall and the hand-make bao.

I find the pau there a bit over rated though.. considering Tanjong Rhu pau is just 5 min walk away.

I will check with my con again...hopefully is level flat loh. Alb, your floor flat onot? haha

But seriously i nv push my con v hard, is sort of an agreement that we give him ample time to coordinate. I rather he do good job. He did mention to me before, don't rush his tiler in this case they can lay my tiles nicely. :yamseng:

gee... not sure if the cement screed is flat or not, you better ask Morgan to help you check.

seriously i should have push you for 2 more weeks for my new place to be slowly touch up. haha... I was played out by the previous Indian owner, my reno process was very rush; arrangement of various sub con group to come in is very precise, no time to waste and they must do a good job at first go or risk...

I find the pau there a bit over rated though.. considering Tanjong Rhu pau is just 5 min walk away.

Tanjong Rhu pau is overrated lah... big only, the meat inside taste so normal; the hand-make pau at B/34, no doubt the pau is a little small, the meat inside is yummy with egg and some crunchy vege, very yummy. Or else why they have super long queue while Tanjong Rhu dont and they finish their pau everyday, not like the other shop mass produced, if cannot finish selling will surely keep for another day. No?

If you like pau, have you try the one in the hawker center last row, together on the same row as Fatman Satay, the stall name is 包不同, his fatty or lean meat kong bak pau, char siew pau and vege pau are yummy too.

Edited by taichipanda

No expert here. Not a contractor or ID but previously in this industry for quite a number of years.

About the slowness of his reno, i started reno on my 35 yo 3i on 12 March, i moved in on 16 April and I passed my 4A keys to denimart on the very evening, today is 23 May and his reno only completed the tiling of the kitchen and 2 bathroom, i personally find the process is kind of slow.

Yar, was thinking you must have some reno backgound/knowledge from your comments/contribution...Blur sotong like me renovating for 1st time also dun know what to look out for and what is the appropriate timeline for each task..sigh..can only rely on contractor to provide the information, kena smoked also dun know..

I tot of having the floor trap idea..so my id suggest to have step up in the shower area instead so that the floor trap is deep enough. Can the idea work?

But Val brought up a good point abt hair trap in the shower kerb...

Anyone have used a step up shower area before?

Tanjong Rhu pau is overrated lah... big only, the meat inside taste so normal; the hand-make pau at B/34, no doubt the pau is a little small, the meat inside is yummy with egg and some crunchy vege, very yummy. Or else why they have super long queue while Tanjong Rhu dont and they finish their pau everyday, not like the other shop mass produced, if cannot finish selling will surely keep for another day. No?

If you like pau, have you try the one in the hawker center last row, together on the same row as Fatman Satay, the stall name is 包不同, his fatty or lean meat kong bak pau, char siew pau and vege pau are yummy too.

i like pau... hhmm... never tried the pau at the market before. next time must try... what time do they close at night?

i like pau... hhmm... never tried the pau at the market before. next time must try... what time do they close at night?

Once they finish all the pau... they will close chop, so their closing time no fix timing; better go in the late morning or early afternoon.

I tot of having the floor trap idea..so my id suggest to have step up in the shower area instead so that the floor trap is deep enough. Can the idea work?

But Val brought up a good point abt hair trap in the shower kerb...

Anyone have used a step up shower area before?

Step up shower area can be nicely design and build but very costly, most of the time you can find this type of shower area in big condo penthouse or landed property. A big un-polish granite as base, surrounded by wooden plank with a tempered glass shower screen build around the wooden plank.

The bathroom of HDB flat is too cramp for this type of step up shower; if the step up too low will be ugly, too high will add unnecessary weight to the bathroom floor which might not be approved by HDB. Too simple the design, your dry area will end up wet every time you shower; too complicated the design will burn a bigger hole in your pocket and overall because of the small HDB bathroom, it will look ugly too.

Looking good! Can't wait to see your oak floors done up.

I'm actually in the same area too and will be doing a mini T-blog soon.

Love the location!

Too many good food at old airport market. One of the main reason why we want to find a homey in this area :) also the doctors here are very nice ( Chong clinic and the lady doctor opps ) not like the doctor in Yishun anyhow anyhow.

I will check with my con again...hopefully is level flat loh. Alb, your floor flat onot? haha

But seriously i nv push my con v hard, is sort of an agreement that we give him ample time to coordinate. I rather he do good job. He did mention to me before, don't rush his tiler in this case they can lay my tiles nicely. :yamseng:

sounds like your con is in control :yamseng:

like tio suan... :furious: jkjk

not suan you la.....

my newly hacked flooring not level. people has hollow tiles, i have hollow laminated floor. lucky i pick the right company that is willing to rectify, even though technically the hollow floor is not due to their product defect.