Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Cat knows how to take lift too! Saw a cat taking the lift with us. :D

wow this is a super smart cat...knows which floor to jump off...hahaa :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Another detail update by my contractor.

Hahaha...Donny kept asking me to install whatsapp, but somehow i'm unable to install it. Keep having error. Guess he has to keep sending me the daily update via email... :D

Doing the honeycomb flooring really require lots of effort and patience. Really must give credits to the tilers.

2.JPG

Ensure the flooring is leveled and water will flow to the drain.

1.jpg

Make good of the tile at my drop area.

4.JPG

Piping is going to be lay for my kitchen......very soon kitchen floor will start...

3.JPG

Tilers enjoying the view from my balcony....i guess...haha :D

Edited by IPineapple

Noticed some of the tiles are not really aligned. I'm a very "meow" person and especially very sensitive to neatness and alignment.

Documented what i don't like to see and sent that documentation to my contractor. Better to document with pictures so everyone is in sync to avoid unnecessary miscomm. My contractor called me up immediately and asked me if i can be at my place tomorrow. He will explain to me the process and ask the tiler to rectify immediately if necessary.

That's what i called Professional Attitude. :good: Hiccups surely happen to all reno, most importantly thing can get resolved. :notti:

IMG_1018.JPG

Some of the tiles are not aligned. Donny told me the tilers are yet to do the touching up, at least i'm not that worrying now knowing it's not the final product. :bow:

Edited by IPineapple

Another headache.

IMG_0988.JPG

Just realised, the previous owner used wooden frame as support for the sliding doors. The wooden structure is already 8-10 years. Can see some greenish stuff on the wood. Think its mould. SIAO LIAO! :jawdrop: If i need to change the whole thing i need to dismantle my sliding doors and redo the support strucutre......at least another $3-5K.

GOSH......raised this issue to Donny...hope he can do some magic without me spending any extra...pray.....

Really scare the wood will rot and the whole door collapse in future..... :bangwall: Fingers cross...

Edited by IPineapple

Another headache.

IMG_0988.JPG

Just realised, the previous owner used wooden frame as support for the sliding doors. The wooden structure is already 8-10 years. Can see some greenish stuff on the wood. Think its mould. SIAO LIAO! :jawdrop: If i need to change the whole thing i need to dismantle my sliding doors and redo the support strucutre......at least another $3-5K.

GOSH......raised this issue to Donny...hope he can do some magic without me spending any extra...pray.....

Really scare the wood will rot and the whole door collapse in future..... :bangwall: Fingers cross...

aiyo....**** scared of surprise like this in the midst of renovations....which often results in more $$$ dropping off the wallet.....good luck and hope everything turns out well.

aiyo....**** scared of surprise like this in the midst of renovations....which often results in more $$$ dropping off the wallet.....good luck and hope everything turns out well.

Ya...hope no more surprises for me.....cannot take it...

Spoken with my ID and he will get the ceiling guys to help me re-enforce the structure... :rolleyes:

Hope this can prevent any mishap in future....

Edited by IPineapple

Hi bro "ong lai" It's good u realize the problem now than after reno. Hope the problem is not bad... I m sure ur ID can come out with some solutions for u at little or no cost.... stress to him that u appreciate his value added service :)

Edited by potatoes

Old houses tend to have a lot of problems, but no choice, location is still better than new bto flats. Hopefully you need not spend too much money to fix that wood. Surely Donny has his ways to fix it

Hi bro "ong lai" It's good u realize the problem now than after reno. Hope the problem is not bad... I m sure ur ID can come out with some solutions for u at little or no cost.... stress to him that u appreciate his value added service :)

Ya lor bro Tudou, :P My contractor will ask the ceiling guys to take a look how to strengthen the structure without redoing.......hopefully this can be resolved without additional cost. :unsure:

Old houses tend to have a lot of problems, but no choice, location is still better than new bto flats. Hopefully you need not spend too much money to fix that wood. Surely Donny has his ways to fix it

Ya lor sis...location is why i bought this unit. ha..i'm sure D will do his magic....hopefully.... :rolleyes:

Hi iPineapple,

Just wanted to let you know your home is coming along very nicely :D

I've got a feeling it will turn out quite good :good: , I was wondering if you would be kind enough to PM Donny's contact to me please? He seems like a reliable contractor to count on.

So I think I might need his help for my new home next year ! I think I would require quite abit of carpentry . I need lots of storage space for all my clothes, shoes, bags (collection is still growing strong haha!) and other weird decorative items in my house. :P

Thanks in advance! :P

Hi iPineapple,

Just wanted to let you know your home is coming along very nicely :D

I've got a feeling it will turn out quite good :good: , I was wondering if you would be kind enough to PM Donny's contact to me please? He seems like a reliable contractor to count on.

So I think I might need his help for my new home next year ! I think I would require quite abit of carpentry . I need lots of storage space for all my clothes, shoes, bags (collection is still growing strong haha!) and other weird decorative items in my house. :P

Thanks in advance! :P

Hi Twinkie, PM sent.

Ha...hopefully....it will turn out as what i envisioned. I have lots of carpentry as well, especially my kitchen.

Most of my investments went to kitchen and toliets which are the most ex for all reno.

Hi Twinkie, PM sent.

Ha...hopefully....it will turn out as what i envisioned. I have lots of carpentry as well, especially my kitchen.

Most of my investments went to kitchen and toliets which are the most ex for all reno.

Thanks! Im sure it would ! :yamseng:

Just finished my carpentry design brief.....gosh..it's already so late or rather so early. :jawdrop:

i prefer to do up my own design concept personally and use that as a guide for my contractor ID to follow. They will be my advisor on the technicality and design functionality. :rolleyes:

If turn out not good, it still what i prefer at least....heheh..self-consolation. :bleah:

Been really busy past few days...so didn't update my TBlog....

Over the weekend...kitchen flooring has been done. The black floor divider looks surprisingly good in dividing my kitchen and foyer area.

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

Laundy area flooring done

IMG_1057.JPG

Wet kitchen area done

Edited by IPineapple