Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

now all the value gone up. less than 3 years ago, all in the range of 315-340k and that's when I bought mine.

Recently,a unit in my block, very very very very bad condition yet valuation is 395k. I dunno how the chap go in and value the unit cos living room itself got min. 2 partition and very very smelly even if u just walk past. AMAZING!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Saw some buyers dun even wanna go in and view. One buyer went in and came out in seconds.

Wah..tink mine siao liao..i bought 450k excluding COV. After grant $40k, loan around $410k, minus CPF etc...loan around $300k for 20years.

mine will never profit, break even maybe...but seriusli short & middle term i dun intend to move out of the place..hope my wife have the same idea tooo..hehe.

u bought at 450k and excluding COV? Dont get u

Edited by hello88

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jessie,

What have you done on your renovation? 16k including of what?

My EM is renovating now too. Cant wait to see the outcome. hehe..

now all the value gone up. less than 3 years ago, all in the range of 315-340k and that's when I bought mine.

Recently,a unit in my block, very very very very bad condition yet valuation is 395k. I dunno how the chap go in and value the unit cos living room itself got min. 2 partition and very very smelly even if u just walk past. AMAZING!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Saw some buyers dun even wanna go in and view. One buyer went in and came out in seconds.

It must be a heavily tenanted unit, i have been to one. Super cramp with all the partition in hall and even in the toilets. Super smelly cos the ventilation is not good. The owner has the window all sealed up.

The seller asking for cov 50k that makes the unit selling at more than 1/5 a mil. I will not even consider at val.

It must be a heavily tenanted unit, i have been to one. Super cramp with all the partition in hall and even in the toilets. Super smelly cos the ventilation is not good. The owner has the window all sealed up.

The seller asking for cov 50k that makes the unit selling at more than 1/5 a mil. I will not even consider at val.

Yup, very heavily with one time nearly 30 chinese nationals staying inside and sharing only a common toilet upstairs. Owners n their kid occupied the MBR. Ya man, i wont even consider at value. Plus I dont even wanna go in so how to offer. Unless really way below valuation and definitely a good buy. Hahaha, maybe get contractor to hack everything then consider going in to discuss abt other reno details :rolleyes:

aiyo,..terrible leh.

i also will not even wan go in and view....cos 1st impression is very very important lor.

maybe i will just sell at good price, den wait for the price to come down then buy again lor.....hahahaa :D

crazy!

hi chesfel,

i hv not start my reno......hope i can start b4 lunar 7th month lor.

mine is not major reno,...so, it's kept at minimum lor.

Hi Jessie,

Lunar 7th Month? I thought no renovation will done during this month?

Oic... I'm doing minor renovation too coz budget constrait. My whole renovation cost me abt 18K

u bought at 450k and excluding COV? Dont get u

I mean the EM i bought..valuation was $450k,cov $30k...

talking about rising valuation,there was another EM at the same block,but lower level. Neighbour think collect rubbish place at corridor, his stuff at staircase 2.veri messy corridor.Then i went into the unit i was viewing. The owner never even do up a single thing, all original condition. He stayed there like 20+ years.

Saw 3 valuations (2 expired), 1st one $410k, 2nd $430k, 3rd $445k..knn..within a space of 1/2 year increased $35k..

talking about rising valuation,there was another EM at the same block,but lower level. Neighbour think collect rubbish place at corridor, his stuff at staircase 2.veri messy corridor.Then i went into the unit i was viewing. The owner never even do up a single thing, all original condition. He stayed there like 20+ years.

Saw 3 valuations (2 expired), 1st one $410k, 2nd $430k, 3rd $445k..knn..within a space of 1/2 year increased $35k..

Renovation is the least to consider to the valuer. Take for example, i viewed 2 units on the same floor in BB, one was heavily tenated and the other designer deco and their val is only 5k diff. Renovation u can change, but location, floor, direction, transport...etc cannot or rare to change.

Hi, I was reading about textured paint recently, and hope what I read can help.

You'll either need to use sandpaper to smooth it down (if the texture is very little) or get a gel-like paint stripper to loosen the textured coating. But after that you'll need to scrape off the paint and sandpaper the wall to make it smooth. Overall, I think it's a very very tedious job, esp if the whole house is textured paint.

Alternatively, if u just want to smooth down a couple of walls, can consider what virgo says - box it up. I believe the contractor will cover the wall with a huge board and u'll get a smooth smooth wall. :)

Wah like that die liao, even my ceiling is textured and i just know that it is called rockstone surface...

As mentioned by some here, it is a tedious job. If u have the budget, u can get it done for 2k plus. FYI, my EM whole house is texture paint at the moment and i have no intention of removing it to save cost.

Which street of Jurong West?

I am staying in St 42 of jurong west...i am with Chubbs , didnt know she is here too ! :P

Yes...despite all the cons i stated about the house and the worse was beside an mrt track., I placed a 1k deposit for the house coz was psychoed by the agent coz i showed a slight interest and he knoe my inlaw stayed beside the blk..

even after 1 year of house searching and seeing all the tricks agents played. I still fell for his trick..veri angry with my self coz my 1k burn. In fact, i wanted to place $500 onli but he say not enuf.I was like wtf..best part..he insisted cash. couldnt slp dat nite..felt like i made the wrong move..to make myself feel better.i tried to lower the comm of agent since i met him twice onli..he refused to budge..say company policy,not fair,he's a professional..blah2

So later on when i dun wanna exercise the OTP coz i found a better unit. he called me stupid..i fxxx him upside dwn.till nw unit not sold..after like more than 6mths.

The unit i bought...few days b4 i gave 1k deposit,it was advertised in the malay papers,End up i bought tis unit at the same blk,top floor,different corner(further frm mrt track), much better condition,recess area purchased, frdly owner,agent ask for 0.5% comm and best part val 5k more only,cov the same.

still sore about the 1k deposit lost.can buy my ps3 & xbox360 together.

So u got your EM for 480k?

wow, the valuation over at your side is really high hor cos Tampines Central ma....huh.....done 3 valuations liao ar and still not sold??? think owner trying to make quick bucks on it. There are really some sellers who are trying to cash in on their HDB during this time and just trying their luck. Some got agents to advertised and asking for half a million when nearby units are all sold around 450k (the most).

though u lost yr 1k but at least u settled for a much better unit.

Wah like that die liao, even my ceiling is textured and i just know that it is called rockstone surface...

u'll have to spent $$$ to remove it otherwise got bear with it. Rockstone surface used to be popular abt 10yrs ago.

Edited by hello88

How come all the EMs mentioned here valuation so high? I bought mine at 348K, 4K below valuation at high floor facing garden.

I have been staying in my resale EM for past 12 months and till now I still grumble when I forget to bring something down and got to climb up the stairs again :bangwall:

Another minor issue is that there are no bamboo poles for me to hang my laundry to dry in the sun. Keeping my laundry in the service balcony sometime not effective in drying.

How come all the EMs mentioned here valuation so high? I bought mine at 348K, 4K below valuation at high floor facing garden.

I have been staying in my resale EM for past 12 months and till now I still grumble when I forget to bring something down and got to climb up the stairs again :bangwall:

Another minor issue is that there are no bamboo poles for me to hang my laundry to dry in the sun. Keeping my laundry in the service balcony sometime not effective in drying.

think property started ballooning after u bought your EM so u're one lucky fellow. Now those KNS EMs also can fetch very high valuation and sellers all asking for rocket high COV....but at least over the past 2 months, COV started dropping.... now no longer the norm of 50k-200k COV.

last time, i had to walk down the stairs/climb up the stairs to reach/leave my 4room flat now everyday gotta climb up n down the stairs. I seldom climb, hahaha....i run up n down.

oh, your EM is those w/o bamboo poles? what abt installing dryer?

Ya la..wat to do..wife wanna stay near her parents.. :(

but im hapi with my purchase,veri rare type, after 40k grant & saving on major reno..doesnt seem so bad.

I could have got cheaper elsewhere..my EM not really at Tamp central, although can see the mrt station dwnstairs..tink 10-15mins walk. my place nearer to simei mrt,about 5mins walk.

those near tamp mall, valuation even worse...nearly 600k.

Edited by 666

Ya la..wat to do..wife wanna stay near her parents.. :(

but im hapi with my purchase,veri rare type, after 40k grant & saving on major reno..doesnt seem so bad.

I could have got cheaper elsewhere..my EM not really at Tamp central, although can see the mrt station dwnstairs..tink 10-15mins walk. my place nearer to simei mrt,about 5mins walk.

those near tamp mall, valuation even worse...nearly 600k.

stay near parents good la....no regrets la especially got kids and grandparents can help to babysit.

Yup, my side also. Valuation near Hougang MRT is nearly 600k and asking for 50k and above. That day saw classified, agent advertised the asking price (think over 600k) and indicated 'call me only if u can afford'. :unsure: